October Random Challenge

Discussion in 'October 2022 Challenges' started by bestcee, Sep 26, 2022.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

For this month's Random Challenge, I’m going to give you an image and a word prompt. Using that word, you will find the items to use on your layout. Your layout does NOT have to be about or related to the word prompt. Of course, you can use it if you want.

The Word Prompt is Favorite Treat. You do not have to use more than 10 letters, so if your favorite treat is really long, like Three Musketeers, you can stop after the 10th letter. You can also use a more generic word if you prefer like “Candy bar” or “Chocolate”. In your post, please share your treat word with your layout. Please tag me if you have any questions!

2022-Oct-Challenge600.jpg
    My favorite treat right now is Cottage Cheese & Peaches. I skipped the double letters and that left me with 9 letters: C – Card; O – Circle; T – Triangle; A – Alpha; G – Gesso; E – Orange; H – Blue; S – Stamp; P – Paint.

Here’s my layout:
    [​IMG]

I got the idea from a now defunct site scrapbookchallenges, but the prompt and image was created by me. What do you think? Did you enjoy this challenge?

Challenge Reminders:
    Post your layout here so I can love on it! Your page should also be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the October Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:
    2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad. The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
  2. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

3. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

This is a super fun challenge idea! :byay thanks!!!

bestcee likes this.
  4. Marilyn

Marilyn Well-Known Member

Random Challenge

K - paper, A - alpha, M - label, R - **, A - word art

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
    trekmom likes this.
  5. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

My favorite treat is Reese's, so I have Red (for R), Orange (for E) and Stamping (for S). Now off to make a page with red, orange and stamping!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
    trekmom likes this.
  6. myka

myka Well-Known Member

Coffee is my treat! All of my girls have been barristas currently and in the past, so I actually think it's a genetic thing. :)
    C=card JC by A Pennington, O=circle, the flair and my stylized button, f=flair, from RAD-LAD and e=orange, never would have picked an orange background. My pic is the hills of Oro Valley, near Tucson, went there recently for my niece's wedding.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
    trekmom likes this.
  7. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

so cool Courtney!!!!!

8. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

My favorite treat is a Heath Bar So my words are blue, leaf, alpha, triangle, blue, butterfly, alpha, red. Fun!
    You are my love, my Heath Bar, the very best. October 2022.jpg

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
    bestcee likes this.
  9. bestcee

10. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

@bestcee I am sending kisses to the frog. Lawd, I'm thinking of Princess Tiana now. Man Catching beignets! Kiss the frog.

bestcee likes this.
  11. melidy

melidy Well-Known Member

Ok so the hardest part of this was picking my favourite treat haha. The store near us has started doing the most beautiful Sicilian Lemon Pavlova - I've never been much of a person for deserts but this thing is pure beauty. So I went with Pavlova.

P - Paint, behind the photo | A - Alpha, "Recital 2022" | V - Vellum, vellum clouds | L - Leaf, I wasn't sure if the small sprinkle leaves would count so added three traditional leaves too | O - Circle, small circle to the left of photos and the sun tags.

I had fun with this one, thanks so much for the challenge:
    [​IMG]

Lillyia likes this.
  12. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

They say there's no such thing as a stupid question. I may be about to prove them wrong :lol

@bestcee: Is this a (very cool!) version of a recipe challenge, where you use ONLY the ingredients of the recipe (in this case, the elements which correspond to the letters of your treat word), and nothing more? Or are we allowed to use additional elements/embellishments, even if they don't correspond to the letters of the treat word?

13. bestcee

Not stupid at all! You can add a few more embellishments, like I added the enamel pins and journaling. But try to limit additions, in the spirit of the challenge!

mary kate likes this.
  14. Ruthe14

Ruthe14 Branch Manager of my family

I think I figure this out.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
    bestcee likes this.
  15. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

This was such a fun challenge!

My favourite treat is sticky toffee pudding.
    S (tiny star stamp); T (veneer triangle); I (enamel heart); C (journaling card); K (kraft paper background); O (circle cut-out); F (FUN flair); E (orange ric rac); P (paint); U (round tag); D (date); N (black title); G (gesso wash)

Editing to add: I forgot the Y (yellow)! I'll add something... Added small yellow flower for Y

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  16. melidy

melidy Well-Known Member

Oh :blush I added lots of extra flowers etc as I did notice your few additions so I just assumed we could add extra elements as log as the essential items were there. I can redo a copy without as many elements if needed, so sorry I should have checked in <3

bestcee likes this.
  17. Ruthe14

Ruthe14 Branch Manager of my family

My treat is - Dole Whip---
    d-date; o-circle; l-leaf; e-orange w-washi tape; h-blue; i-enamel; p-paint.
    [​IMG]

18. caapmun

caapmun Well-Known Member

Myy favorite meal Thai Green Curry - so T-triangle, H-blue, A-Alpha, I-Enamel, G-Gesso, R-Red, E-Orange, N-Black, C-Card, U-Tag, Y-Yellow.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
  19. bestcee

Nope, no need to redo! You are fine.

20. melidy

melidy Well-Known Member

Aw thank you <3 I'll be sure to ask ahead in future :blush

bestcee likes this.