October Inspiration Challenge

Discussion in 'October 2019 Challenges' started by Justagirl, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

Hi everyone and welcome to the October Challenges. Did you know that October is BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH?
    [​IMG]

I would love to do something special for this challenge and thought what better way is there to show our support than by including a Pink Bow, Pink Ribbon/Ric Rac or a Strip/Band of Pink Paper to our pages.

If you wanted to take it a step further you could create a page that is predominately pink too so long as you have a bow or ribbon in it! How amazing would it be to see The Lilypad Gallery bursting in every hue of pink imaginable! Oh my heart would be full!

Here’s my page. I created a predominately pink page and added two pink ribbons, 1 bow and a strip of pink paper just to cover all the possible challenge criteria hehe
    [​IMG]

HERE’S THE EXCITING STUFF!
    For every page that is created showcasing a pink ribbon, bow or pink strip of paper, I will donate $1 AUD to the NATIONAL BREAST CANCER FOUNDATION here in Australia. This amazing organisation offered lots of support and information to me during my breast cancer fight. To make it even more incredible our lovely Laura @lmccandless has offered to match my donation by donating her portion to a foundation of her choice, will keep you posted on which one, but how awesome is that! As a community we could raise a sizeable amount for this cause. So make sure you share your page below in this thread to be counted :)
    As always, please remember the monthly challenge rules: Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the October Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

I can't wait to see your pink ribbon pages everyone!
    P.S If you decide to make a donation independently to a Breast Cancer organisation of your choice and your comfortable to share a screen shot of your amount here, do so, it would be awesome to tally it all up and see how much we have raised as a community by the end of the month. I’ll update the total here after the challenge closes!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  2. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

Awesome! As a breast cancer survivor myself, I LOVE this idea for a challenge. Thanks.

3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

What a wonderful challenge and such an important cause. What a beautiful page, Em, and I loved reading your journaling all the way around. How generous of both you and Laura. Hugs and love to you and all who's lives have been touched by this disease.:beat:beat:beat:beat:beat

Justagirl likes this.
  4. CharlotteM

CharlotteM Well-Known Member

♥♥♥ What an impressive idea and challenge - I thank you for your commitment!
    In any case, bring something pink to you

here is pink for you ♥.....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    Frumpje and Justagirl like this.
  5. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

Just so happy that you are doing this … off to find something pink :beat

Justagirl likes this.
  6. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Oh! Yeah!...I'm First Here To Post My Layout For This Challenge Too!...How Fun!...I'm So Glad You Are Here...Glad You Are Doing So Well!...Great Challenge & Cause!...I Went To Work Straight Away To Create My Page...I Wanted To Do A Fall-Themed Page...But With A Lot More Pink Tones...So I Came Up With A Bohemian Style Page Filled With A Large Twig Frame & Large Leaves Coupled With Large,Bright...Slightly Different Colored Pink Flowers...I Used A String Of Bright Pink Frames Hung Up On A Clothes Line With Pins...I Really Liked The Way It Looked & How Well It Went With The Style Of Page I Was Creating...And We Must Not Forget...Our Big,Pink Bow/Ribbon...It's Bright,Happy & Full Of Pink Hues Of Color...It Also Celebrates The Positivity In Just Being You...Your Own Bright,Happy,Beautiful Self...:beat

*For My Pink All The Way Layout-I Used:

*Create Crate Monthly-Bohemian Fall-September 2018-Bella Gypsy & Kristin Aagard
    *Create Crate Monthly-Cozy & Crisp-September 2017-Bella Gypsy & Kristin Aagard
    *Storyteller-October 2016-Bundle-Just Jaimee

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    Justagirl and flowersgal like this.
  7. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

It's a great challenge for an important cause!
    It's very generous to you and Laura :heartslub

Justagirl likes this.
  8. LynnZant

LynnZant Well-Known Member

How generous of you both! Here's a page of my grandmother who passed away from cancer.
    [​IMG]

Justagirl likes this.
  9. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Great challenge! :beat
    [​IMG]

cookingmylife and Justagirl like this.
  10. Heidi Nicole

Heidi Nicole Well-Known Member

11. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

So admirable of you both to make contributions to the cause.
    [​IMG]

Justagirl likes this.
  12. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

@Justagirl here is my inspiration! Thank you for the fun challenge!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  13. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Oh sweetie! I SO am gonna join this challenge - and I know how much this means to you! Here's to beating cancer! <3
    Your layout is fab @Justagirl

Justagirl likes this.
  14. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Such a great inspirational challenge.
    [​IMG]

15. andersm

andersm You can check out anytime you like ...

Such a fantastic challenge and generous offering! <3
    [​IMG]

Justagirl likes this.
  16. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

Thank you for the beautiful challenge!
    [​IMG]

Justagirl likes this.
  17. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

18. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

What a wonderful idea!

[​IMG]

Justagirl likes this.
  19. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

love this challenge, Em!! :bk:heartslub

my page:
    [​IMG]

Justagirl likes this.
  20. katell

katell CT - Sara Gleason

thanks for this challenge and to contribute to this "cause" .

[​IMG]

Justagirl likes this.