October 2021 Monthly Muse - Week3 - Scandinavian Folklore

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by Dalis, Oct 19, 2021.

1. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

I was inspired by the flora/fauna motifs, and by the woodland creatures. Oh, and also by the mushrooms/toadstools!

[​IMG]

2. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I went for the symmetry and bright colors plus some whimsy
    [​IMG]

3. peppapig

peppapig Member

I had loadsa of fun creating this page. I cut the elements from one of the patterned papers in the Inner Monologue paper mix by NBK design.
    The curved leaf is cut and recoloured from a paper in the This and That paper mix also by NBK design.

[​IMG]

4. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I was inspired by the dark background, the flat elements. This is my 3rd attempt. I initially tried a black background using a photo of some embroidery that I own - nope. Then I used a photo of a shop in Ystad, Sweden. That attempt was symmetrical and I just didn't like it. Maybe the photo was too large or too square or too something. I did some folk art image searching on Google and found one with a tall building on it. The folk art wasn't at all symmetrical, but it called to me. So I used my photo of St. Mary's Church in Båstad, Sweden and I got excited. This is what I came up with. I ran some filters against the church photo, hoping that I could make it more primitive, but I decided I liked the original photo instead, with the sky removed. So without further ado, here's mine:

[​IMG]

5. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

So many amazing artwork in this thread!