October 2019 Book Club - The Couple Next Door

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by Karen, Sep 26, 2019.

1. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Right after I finished this book, I gave it four stars on Good Reads but have to downgrade that now as I couldn't remember much about it two weeks later!! Spoiler >> Was disappointed in Dominic's character - weak and incredibly naive. I didn't see the twist coming at first though - wow! <<

Tree City and bellbird like this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I just finished this one and I really enjoyed it. There were lots of plot twists, the first one I didn't see coming and then I did see most of the rest, but that in no way removed the enjoyment of reading this fast paced book! I really needed a book that was easy to read and hooked me in. I've been in a bit of a slump lately. This helped me be excited to read again! :agree

bellbird likes this.
  3. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

not me - i was just along for the whole ride, going 'what?! no way!'

Karen likes this.
  4. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Well that's an easy 4 stars to me, would have finished it faster if i hadn't deliberately put it down for DSD and having to sleep etc -i liked that it was fast paced and kept moving and was invested in finding the baby and had mother guilt from the start thinking ' i really don't think there's anyway in the world i'd have left her alone even to go next door, but would i have if she was asleep in her own bed?' - i guess the reason i didn't go 5 stars was it was tied together really well but felt like a lot of it was tenuous and contrived and unlikely - apparently, plausibility in thrillers is important to me and this went slightly too far

Karen likes this.
  5. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

>>>Just when you think you have it figured out, there's another twist! <<<

Karen and bellbird like this.
  6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

7. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Yes, twisty twisty. @Tree City I guessed wrong early on but that Dad was such a s.o.b. that I had him plugged and I was pretty sure sexy neighbor was up to no good. It was almost a one day read for me.

Karen and Tree City like this.