October 2018 - Monthly Muse - Weather - Week #3

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by bcgal00, Oct 22, 2018.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

[​IMG]
    Welcome to October, a time of changes in the weather, in our mood, the beginning of the holiday time of the year. This month there will be 4 weekly challenges, posted on Friday the 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th.

Each week we will use the weather to influence our art journal ideas. It may affect your journaling, your photo and/or your page design.

OCTOBER MUSE: Weather

Week 3: TOUCH/FEEL

What you touch/feel affects your thoughts,your mood. Use weather as a way to delve into what you feel, to express yourself in whichever direction it takes you.

As you experience the weather around you, think about how it affects you. When you feel the wind on your face, what does that sensation evoke in you? When the sunshine warms your face, does it uplift you? As you shiver in the cold, do your thoughts turn inward, turn toward the negative thoughts or does it push you in the other direction, energize you to speed up, push forward, be positive? It's different for each of us. Let it help you to create a page.

[​IMG]

My page is about the sunshine and how it helps to get outside, to feel the sun on my face and gather strength to move forward.

[​IMG]
    I look forward to seeing how you interpret this and use it in your page design, in any manner or style you wish. Have fun with it!
    Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to October 31, 2018 and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month, even more incentives for your inspiration! You can use any products in The Lilypad store, make sure you follow our gallery guidelines. Pages are due last day of the month.

If you have any questions, ask here in this thread.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  2. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

3. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Lots of feelings having to do with touch, but had to go with this because I'm still smiling over seeing my granddaughter get the same JOY I got as a kid from playing in autumn leaves. Love it for HER sake, love it for mine. :)
    [​IMG]

4. Carol K.

Carol K. Well-Known Member

5. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

*OMG!...This Is So Funny!...I Just Came Here To Post My Layout For This Challenge & Low & Behold...The Layout Just Above Has Sunflowers In It!...So Does Mine!...#GMTA...

*I Am Loving These Monthly Muse Challenges!...Weather Is Always A Timely Subject...My Layout Is About Feel & Touch...One Can Argue That You Can Figuratively Reach Out & Up & Touch Sunshine & Feel It's Sudden Warmth Envelope Your Senses & Then Perhaps One Could Also Reach Out & Touch Some Amazing Flowers To Complete One's Sensory Overload Of Happiness!...Seeing Bright Skies,Big Flowers & Big Fields Of Flowers...Just Makes My Inner Soul Smile!...I Especially Love Scrapping About The Color Yellow & Flowers!...So Together This Is Pure Happiness For Me!...Feeling The Sunshine Of Happiness & Reaching Out To Touch Some Amazing Florals!...Perfect!...

*For My Sunshiny Day Layout-I Used:

*Turning It Around-Lynn Grieveson
    *Welcome Autumn & Everyday Spring-Mommyish
    *This And That-Sabrina's Creations
    *Lucky-Add-On-Storyteller 2017-March-Just Jaimee
    *Farm Fresh/O Sole Mio/Adventure-Pink Reptile Designs
    *Heartsong-Collab-In Remembrance For Dawn Inskip-The Lilypad & Friends
    *Armful Of Sunflowers-ET Designs(1 Item Used)
    *My Sunshine-Ju Kneipp(1 Item Used)
    *Floral Notes-Eena's Creations(1 Item Used)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I love all of the pages that have been posted so far! Mine is based on how the sun felt on my face yesterday. It's starting to cool off ever so slightly, but we can feel the change in the air. People visiting would still think it's hot and it is, but not AS hot as normal. There was actually a crispness in the air yesterday. It was just marvelous!

[​IMG]

7. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I love sitting outside with the sun on my face
    [​IMG]

8. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

You know the feeling when a snow storm is raging and you step out in it and feel the sting of the snow on your face....
    [​IMG]

9. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

And for this month, I appear to be using large photos in my layouts. So far, 3 for 3.
    [​IMG]

10. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Beautiful page! I haven't seen Lake Michigan in years (I grew up on Ontario). Loved reading your story.

11. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

12. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

14. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Kiss the frog

15. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny