OCTOBER 2018 - Monthly Muse - Weather - Week 1

Discussion in 'Art Journaling Pad' started by bcgal00, Oct 5, 2018.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Feeling lazy with my coffee and book

[​IMG]
    Welcome to October, a time of changes in the weather, in our mood, the beginning of the holiday time of the year. This month there will be 4 weekly challenges, posted on Friday the 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th.

Each week we will use the weather to influence our art journal ideas. It may affect your journaling, your photo and/or your page design.

OCTOBER MUSE: Weather

Week 1: SEE

What you see affects how you feel. Use weather as a way to delve into what you see, how this influences your mood, your thoughts. Apply this to your page creation.

Do you see sunshine? Does it make you feel content, positive, energized, etc? Or is it raining, do you see the gloomy grey skies overhead and it makes you want to grab a good book and an afghan and curl up in a chair? Do you see where I'm going with this? Use what you see when you look out at the weather around you and apply it to your thoughts, your mood, what you are thinking about. Let it help you to create a page.

[​IMG]

Today as I look out my office window, I see puddles and raindrops, I see dark grey skies but there is a lightness coming through the clouds that is illuminating the water drops on the leaves of my rose bush, the surface of the puddles is reflecting the light. This evokes a sense of lightness in my mood, makes me feel hopeful, a feeling of coming out of the darkness into the light.

You may create any style and size of layout, with or without photos. Everyone is welcome to play! There are no restrictions, just have fun and see where the weather inspiration takes you!

What I saw out my window and how it affected my thoughts were used to create my page.

[​IMG]

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to October 31, 2018 and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month, even more incentives for your inspiration! You can use any products in The Lilypad store, make sure you follow our gallery guidelines. Pages are due last day of the month.

If you have any questions, ask here in this thread. Have fun and I can't wait to see how "WEATHER" inspires you.

2. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

3. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Great Muse Idea
    [​IMG]

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  4. SharLamb

SharLamb Well-Known Member

I'm kind of pouting. I have come to treasure warm, dry days, and never seem to tire of them. Having lived all but 4 years of my life in the Seattle area, I came to appreciate the cool, rainy winters. But no more. So when I had to put the flip-flops and crop pants away, dig out socks, sweaters, and jeans, I was very sad. All that was to say, this was perfect timing for me to get some art therapy regarding the weather. Thanks for the challenge.
    [​IMG]

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  5. Carol K.

Carol K. Well-Known Member

6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns It's a great day to have a great day!

What a wonderful October first Monthly Muse, Rae. I love all of the artwork that's been posted so far. I'll definitely be playing along this month.

7. wvsandy

wvsandy I love ALL parts of the baby! No, really!

8. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

Today in central Florida was gorgeous with a wonderful, soft wind...these lyrics from "Follow" are perfect for what I was feeling:
    [​IMG]

9. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Rain, rain, and more rain...

[​IMG]

Cherylndesigns and wvsandy like this.
  10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns It's a great day to have a great day!

We're getting the remnants of Hurricane Michael so it's been very dark and very windy here. The rain has started now. After a summer of really heavy rain (nearly every day) we're ready for it to let up. My layout sums up what it looks like to me right now and how it makes me feel. Our hearts and prayers go out to those up in the path of Michael. Our memories of Hurricane Irma, last year, are still very vivid.

[​IMG]

11. Dalis

Dalis I liked it better than Pirates of Penzance

I have no clue what happen, but this is the page I ended up with.

[​IMG]

12. RJMJ

RJMJ Picked like a bright red apple right off the tree!

The Weather...Seems Like It's All People Talk About These Days...Well...Most Days...

I'm Channeling...In This Particular Layout...The Rain...I Actually Don't Really Enjoy The Rain Very Much...I Mean Being Caught Outside In A Windy Rain Storm Idea That Is......But I Do Love Pictures Taken With Rain In Them & I Do Like Taking Pics Of Rain Boots In Particular & People Walking In The Rain Etc...It Seems Like The Rain For Me Is Like A Metaphor For Life...There Will Always Be Sunshine & There Will Always Be Rain...You Just Have To Go With It Either Way...

*For My Rain ReBoot Layout-I Used:

*August Storyteller-2017-Just Jaimee
    *Textual Transfers 4{Layered PNG's}-Lynn Grieveson
    *Sweet Solstice-Rebecca McMeen
    *Hello TLP-Mini-NBK Design
    *Be Who You Are-Dawn Inskip(1 Item Used)

[​IMG]