NSV (Non Scale Victory)

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by klee73010, Aug 13, 2015.

1. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I just really wanted to share..... I had one of these today: I actually felt an improvement! Miraculous. :)

I feel like these should be the fuel to my fitness fire, and to some extent they are. I often times do get caught up with the scale numbers though, unfortunately. I am trying not to be as discouraged by the scale though.

Anyone else strive for these non scale victories? What are your Non Scale goals (if you don't mind sharing)?

2. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

I'm doing a second round of The Whole 30, and the "rules" say to not weigh yourself for 30 days. It's hard for me because I used to weigh daily to see how I felt about myself. It was a self sabotaging habit, though. Weight # goes up -- "Poo, why deny myself, look what happens!" Weight # goes down -- "Yay, I can probably afford a small treat." On the Whole 30, I have to go by what is visually happening, so I look for small changes. My waist bands are a little looser, things like that.

I have to remember to tell myself, "I am Not just a number on a scale!"

3. Danyale

Danyale Always one step behind Waldo

I def use my clothes as a gauge as I have stopped weighting weekly and do more or less monthly depending on if I feel like I am down - I usually am. I have sections in my closet that have dust on them, so every time I grab one of those out - I am good ♥

Tightening my current bra this week was a plus. :wooot

4. klee73010

Hahaha Danyale! I am very.... big... for my size (in my opinion). I just snorted at this. Lol

5. Danyale

Danyale Always one step behind Waldo

I'm not exactly small! The last time I weighed in the Drs office, O was almost 240. I lost some after they got my post cancer meds right but then stopped. I am down another 18 lbs since April using the lose it app. It will take me a long time too get back where I should be.

6. klee73010

I meant boobs. Lol. I am at my heaviest, besides pregnancy, right now. And I'm very close to my pregnancy weight :(

But I'm not focusing on that right now. I'm focusing on getting back into the swing of being active, and trying/making a concious decision about food I'm eating.

7. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

My rings usually tell me. I lost a bunch of weight after my second, and try to maintain that. Some months are good and others not as good, but it will all even out. Right now, I'm right around my wedding weight, and that's a good spot for me. Other than my rings, my clothes usually start to get cling a little tighter or get a little saggier.

8. klee73010

I had another PR today! I averaged 14:38 on my run.... my fastest! I also completed week 3 of C25k app. (The furthest I've ever completed in the app)

:happydance

9. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

Congrats on the run numbers Kristina.

The small victories are the only thing that keep me going. When the smaller sizes in the wee corners of the closet fit again, I totally do a little snoopy dance.
    This year has been tough in many ways, so I try to stay off the scale (I weigh in at least once a month to keep a record) and just try to make good choices about what I eat and how much activity I do.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  10. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

That's great! I think the things we notice ourselves tend to show us that our hard work is paying off and it mentally helps you keep going.

As a side note... I started reading this thread thinking it was new... and in my head thought of my rings become way loose as my NSV... and as I scrolled, I saw my post. LOL! Haha... I'd say "Great Minds"... but that would be weird, lol!

11. klee73010

:giggle

12. klee73010

I, too, stay off the scale most of the time. I get far more discouraged when looking at the scale because of how long "better choices" tend to take in a scale readout. I certainly am an "instant gratification" type person, and that is hard for weight loss.