November Photography Challenge

Discussion in 'November 2018 Challenges' started by lcpereyra, Oct 29, 2018.

1. lcpereyra

lcpereyra You won't believe my blue streak!

Hello and Happy November! I hope you are ready for another round of challenges and getting creative this month. We've had a pretty dreary and slow start to autumn around here. Seasonal changes are lagging and mother nature just seems to be cranky this year! Thankfully I'm starting to see some more typical autumn signs around me and it is getting me in the fall spirit...I finally decorated for Halloween, pumpkins and mums are decorating my front entrance, and the leaves are starting display some colorful changes. Yay!

So I'm happy to host the photography challenge this month as it is forcing me to get out my camera and capture these changes going on around me. This month I'd like to see a sign of your seasonal change - anything that represents your current season is the subject for your photo. This is can interpreted any way you like - literal with seasonal/nature changes or figuratively with "seasons" of life. No matter how you interpret it, I hope you are inspired to capture the season of your world or life right now.

Here is my layout:

seasonofchangeweb.jpg

Have fun and I can't wait to see what your photo and layout this month!

Remember: Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the October Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I have already been having fun photographing different flowers blossoming in our garden ( spring here Down Under ) so I will enjoy capturing some more for this challenge.

3. HappyMamacita

HappyMamacita Well-Known Member

Oooooh, I've been wanting to create something like this!

4. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

I wish So California had a change of season like my hometown MN. I will be back here when I come up with something. So here is what I came up with today after a huge rain yesterday.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  5. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you for the challenge, I had fun experimenting with my camera to take autumn photos.
    [​IMG]

6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Wonderful challenge and I love your inspiration page and all of the other pages so far. Not too many seasonal changes in Florida, but I'll come up with something.

7. CharlotteM

CharlotteM Well-Known Member

thank you for the wonderful Challenge!
    it is only a single photo, but this photo shows everything that I now feel in the fall:
    golden leaves and a wonderful foliage carpet, and the foliage rustles when you walk there and the air is clear ..
    [​IMG]

8. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Great Challenge. On a recent trip to Central Calif Coast, we came acroww this scarecrow festival (scarecrows everywhere!) and it really made me feel like Fall was here.
    [​IMG]

9. MiekSter

MiekSter We only regret the chances we didn't take

Made this picture of Max today, bought this doggie raincoat for fun, but he likes wearing it, so fun! Fall really has started here, it's been raining all day
    [​IMG]

10. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Five days makes a difference. This layout shows how quickly things can change.
    [​IMG]

Ferdy likes this.
  11. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

We're having a bright, lovely fall in the Puget Sound region of Washington State, except I'd like a few more sunny days. All summer the hazel nut tree in our back yard is so thick, I'd never know a shed is behind it. But the leaves have thinned out so much, I caught sight of it the other day.
    [​IMG]

12. Carol K.

Carol K. Well-Known Member

Perfect timing! I spent alot of time this week out and about with my camera because the fall color has finally hit my neighborhood, too, and it is marvelous.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  13. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

14. silent ranks

silent ranks Don't forget to turn back around

yay! I can do a spring layout

15. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    We are in Spring now, my daughter's final exam season too.

16. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

17. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

So it can't be with pictures from the current season but from last year, @lcpereyra?

18. lcpereyra

It is for photos of your current season. If doing the literal take on the word, the season will be based on where you live in the world.

If using a figurative take, "season of life" that will be photos of a change you may have right now (career change, school change, emotional change, family change, etc.)

19. lcpereyra

Oh, and my sample layout has the date of October 2018, because I have to create my layout a bit early so that it is ready to be posted on Nov. 1. However, my photos were taken Oct 30, so I waited pretty close to Nov to capture my season. :)

Carol K. likes this.
  20. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

Ok but I have a layout of fall (the current season over here), but with pictures from 2017. Is that allowed?