November Journaling Challenge

Discussion in 'November 2021 Challenges' started by bestcee, Oct 31, 2021.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Hi everyone! If you've been around for a minute, you know I love a good story! So, I'm excited to host the journaling challenge this month! With the holiday season coming up, it always makes me think about holidays and my childhood growing up. When thinking about what we should tell a story about, I decided a Childhood Memory would be fun. Now, you do not have to tell a holiday story, in fact, my story is just an everyday part of my life at that particular moment in time.

I have a lot of words (439!), I know. I tend to get verbose in my stories! I find as I write, more details start to come to me. You do not need that many. 30 words is the minimum for your story. Also, I happen to have a photo that worked, but there is no photo required. I have many other stories that don't have a photo to go with them, and I don't want that to prevent you from telling a story.

[​IMG]
    Journaling in the gallery.​
    So, your journaling challenge:

Tell me a childhood memory in at least 30 words. No photo is required.

As always, if you get stuck, or are struggling to get to the 30 words, tag me and I'll see if I can help you out!

Monthly Challenge Rule Reminders:

Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the November Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread to I can admire it.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
  2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

@bestcee At what age up to are we considering a child? Under 12, 15 etc or is it up to our own interpretation

3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

It's up to you overall, but I'm hoping for stories under 13 years old. I think it can be easier to remember our teenage years, as they tend to have a lot of emotion built in.

4. littlekiwi

ok back to the drawing board then....think I will go down a non photo page instead and leave the story I was going to tell for something else instead

bestcee likes this.
  5. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]

My childhood is a bit of a blur - there are a few photos and some slides that my Dad took. I remember that I was loved by Granny and GrandPa. I would walk home from school and there was always something to eat, card games to play, rock buns to bake and enjoy. They were both chain smokers, so there would always be a ciggie hanging from their fingers and swirls of smoke rising from copious ashtrays. Just before 4pm the kettle was boiled so that the tea could draw and I would listen to Jet Jungle and other children’s shows on the wireless. At 4pm Granny would listen to her daily women’s variety programme. I never found that interesting and would prefer to colour in or draw. My Mom came home after work at 5pm and we would walk over the field to the flat we lived in. It was very convenient that everything was close by. the flat, the shops, the school, her work. We walked everywhere, as she couldn’t drive. Once I was 10, I got a bicycle and would ride to school. We also didn’t have our own tv and would visit Granny and GrandPa to watch Chopper one and Bonanza.

Cherylndesigns and bestcee like this.
  6. littlekiwi

I have done it....will add it here as soon as I am able to (it uses a SOSN product for this coming week)

bestcee likes this.
  7. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

8. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

November journaling challenge RBF cousin love.jpg
    71 words. Not including RBF.

Cherylndesigns and bestcee like this.
  9. littlekiwi

10. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Such good memories, thanks for the challenge
    [​IMG]

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  11. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Fun challenge. Thanks for hosting, Courtney. Mine :)

[​IMG]

12. Mingo08

Mingo08 Ctrl+Z is my friend

Well this is perfect timing! We are cleaning out my parents’ home right now and I have a zillion topics, photos of things that need to be scrapped, etc. I’ll be back!

bestcee likes this.
  13. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Here's mine:

[​IMG]

14. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

15. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

16. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

[​IMG]

journaling (please excuse my grammar mistakes)
    I still remember the camera my family had when I was a child. It was the simplest Kodak model, with film in a "cassette" and extra flash. While now I do appreciate its vintage design, back then I just hated how simple and cheap it was. I've always dreamt of a fancy camera with lens. I don't think anyone around us owned such a camera. Actually, I don't even remember anyone else taking photos; only my parents did. Back then you'd take one photo, and you'd knew it was a good one. You'd had to wait a fair amount of time to get the print, but it was worth it. Now, that cellphone cameras are on everyone's hands, you take 10 photos of the same thing, and you end up with 10 blurry photos of the same thing! Funny, isn't it? #not

17. chai

chai Love to make a racket!

I didn't count, but it's more than 30. Yes, that's me!

[​IMG]

18. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

An emotional 307 words from me :)
    [​IMG]

19. zotova

zotova Well-Known Member

20. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

About my first time flying!