Notice Anything Different

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Pachimac, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

about my wedding ring? And OH MY GOD I have old lady hands!!!!!

296924495_3283928768556538_8882539474204666012_n.jpg

Yep. The diamond fell out sometime yesterday. I've retraced as many steps as I can. but I went hiking at Red Rock. taking pictures all over the valley, shopping, and cleaning the house for an overnight guest. I've looked everywhere I could.

I'm so bummed. I kept telling Michael that I didn't want the diamond "upgraded" because I wanted to keep the set he proposed to me 25 years ago. Yes - in October we are renewing our vows for our 25th wedding anniversary, and now? No ring on my finger. He actually lit up a bit and said, "Well, now you HAVE to let me upgrade the diamond!!"

Thank God HE wasn't upset, but I am, and I'm grateful I still have the three little diamonds and the setting. It won't look much different when we can afford the new diamond. He came in while I was in the bath and I was crying and he said, "Look, I love you regardless of whether you have a diamond on your finger!!! It's okay!!! It's not like you just lost the whole ring - it wasn't your fault." He's a keeper. :D

bestcee, Memaw2Wm and Angela Toucan like this.
  2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

He's right. It will be OK.

My mother gave me an opal ring for my 35th birthday along with an opal necklace and opal earrings. My birthstone, and the first time I ever had the precious stone. All my other birthstone rings had the pink tourmaline stones. I wore the ring all the time and lost the opal at work. The jeweler set another opal in the setting. Yep, I lost it as well at work. Opals are such soft stones that they can't take everyday wear. Even back then I loved the color purple so ended up getting an amethyst set in the ring. Still have it almost 30 years later. I love it as much as I did the opal. I still have the necklace and earrings.

3. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Oh no! I lost one of the baby diamonds in my ring a few years ago but thankfully it was under warranty so they replaced it for free. I hope you love your new diamond!

4. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Hugs. So sorry to hear this. But...it will be ok. I bet you'll love the new diamond.

5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

That is the most sickening feeling. I have a cluster of diamonds in my wedding ring, and I lost one of them and had to pay to have it replaced. It was so expensive compared to when we first purchased the ring. I hope you can get it replaced quickly so you'll have it for your 25th!

6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Many years ago my mom left her wedding rings at a jewelers to be resized. They were robbed and hers was taken. They let her pick out a new set but it isn't the same.

Hope you get a replacement soon.

7. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

So sorry Susie! That is sweet that you will have a new diamond, and your hubby willl "upgrade" you. That happened to my BFF too, re losing her diamond.. so hard when it happens.

8. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

That is so sad! I hope you enjoy your new upgraded diamond and hope it comes before your 25th!

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm so sorry Susie. That's just the worst. Even though it can be replaced, there's definitely sentimental attachment to your wedding diamond. I'll tell you a story to give you a teensy bit of hope though. A friend of mine had the same thing happen, her diamond fell out and she was devastated. She searched and searched and finally had to give up. Her hubby was also a keeper and wasn't mad and got her a new diamond to replace the lost one. YEARS later, they moved into a new house and when they were moving a recliner into the new house, somehow the diamond fell out in a place that someone noticed it and she got her diamond back after all that time. I still can't believe that she found it all that time later and after even moving to a new house, but maybe somehow you'll find yours too.

That is really sweet that your hubby was so kind to you about it. Definitely a keeper!

10. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

@Karen That reminds me of something that happened with my parents. My dad lost his wedding band. He had no idea where so figuring they would never find it, Mom got him another one. It was just a plain gold band. Fast forward a few years and the original band showed up. I honestly don't remember how or where. Mom chose to have it resized to fit her and for many years she wore his band, her band, her engagement ring and her mother's engagement ring (she got it when Grandma died). She had rings all the way to her knuckle. She eventually had a new ring combining the engagement rings made and just wore it with her band. She still kept Dad's band. And, I have it now. Heck, for a long time I wanted it to be my wedding band if I ever got married. I liked the thicker band and wanted a plain gold solitaire with a band to match it. Never happened though. I have both of Dad's bands in a ring box that can hold 2 rings. Sort of neat to see them together.

Karen likes this.
  11. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

@BevG That's crazy! How unlucky. Also, I would have never thought of that happening!

@Karen That's so crazy! Amazing it didn't fall out in the move!
    @umyesh Me too! I was so grateful that the jeweler had to pay to replace it.

@Pachimac I'm so sorry! I totally get your heartache. And yes, he's a total keeper! I love that he is so sweet about it! My husband has had his band replaced twice. Because he lost it both times.

umyesh likes this.
  12. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Oh no, oh dear.
    I had my ring upgraded for our 25th. A bigger diamond and then my eternity ring added into the design. I am so happy with it and hope you will be too.

13. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Thank you all for the comments and sympathy. It has not shown up. I can’t stand to not have a ring on, so wearing an amethyst ring my parents got me for graduation until we can decide what will be done.

bestcee and umyesh like this.
  14. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

When I lost mine I even searched our vacuum bag. So sorry it hasn’t shown up. :-/

15. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Oh no! That happened to me too! Thankfully we had bought a super cheap at the time warranty that covered the lost stone! So we ended up getting it replaced for free. AND THEN... I found the original diamond! It was on our counter top hiding behind my keurig coffee machine. Our counters are granite & it literally blended right in. I only happened to find it when I spilled some water & had to clean that up. So now I have a new ring AND the original diamond. I think I might make it into a necklace or something for my daughter. Anywho... I hope it turns up somewhere!!