Not Scrap Related - Husbands

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by stampin_rachel, Oct 12, 2012.

1. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

So, my DH had his vasectomy yesterday. He has been lying prone in bed for the past 18 hours. The girls and I have been getting him ice packs, food, and drinks. I don't doubt that getting your nads cut open hurts. However, sometimes I think he milks things (especially when he is sick).

I don't mean to complain, as he is a wonderful husband - but hello, i am still hobbling around on a broken foot.:thumbsdowns

Do you think men tend to be "wimpy" when it comes to pain and illness?

2. melrio

melrio I will hunt you!

I completely understand where you're coming from!

Difference between men and women when they get sick!
    [​IMG]

3. misserin

misserin New Member

Yes.
    Heaven forbid I am feeling ill and need a rest, or get a little cranky! Do not even speak to my boyfriend when he doesn't feel good. Or prepare to get your head bit off!

4. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

total wimps!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

5. mirjam

mirjam mirjam

6. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

John is a major complainer when he's sick, but also functions fairly well, so he's not too bad. He has said that his snip surgery was pretty painful though!

7. Daniellesmama

Daniellesmama My name is Inigo Montoya...

I think that is why women are the ones having babies. If it were the men, there would be hardly any people and I doubt they would ever have more than one.

We have much higher pain thresholds! :)

8. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

My doctor told me once that if men got periods there would be a cure for it. Haha.

9. Rona

Rona Active Member

YES! Hubby milks every ounce of attention he can get when he's in bed sick...or feeling a little bit sick. Ugh. Not just him, too. Both our sons do the same thing! My daughters and myself? We're superwomen :p

10. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

LOL!!!!

My ex-boyfriend was the worst! He was so awful when he would get sick. The whole world had to stop.

My DH is pretty good about not being too wimpy. He actually doesn't really feel much pain. He also hardly ever gets sick. He has told me that his vasectomy was a breeze. He's also had major neck surgery (also before me) and had prostate cancer and had major surgery for that last year. He recovered really quickly. The annoying thing about him is that when he does get sick, he refuses to take anything. So he suffers through major colds/flu while hacking/sneezing/etc and not taking anything to help him feel better or breathe better or whatever.

11. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

OH MAH LAWD YES

12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

YEah. Men are total wimips. Mine is really bad about every sniffle and cough. When he had his vasectomy it ended up being the Friday that my sister and her family were coming to visit for my son's birthday. It worked out brilliantly because he couldn't be a big baby with my whole family over all weekend! Ha ha!

13. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

My husband happens to not be one of the wimps, but I've certainly heard that it's true in most cases!

Now multi-tasking? He would definitely fit the stereo-type of not being able to talk on the phone and walk at the same time. ;)

14. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

:like:like:like:like:thumbsups

15. valeriapiemonte

valeriapiemonte valeriapiemonte

oh my word, my hubby is the winner of all wimps over there! LOL Everytime he has a tiny little cough he makes it the worst thing ever LOL.

16. milo82

milo82 milo82

OMG YES!!!!! So with you all on this... Never seen or met a guy (EXCEPT MY DAD, he's a super hero!! hehe)! And my own guy is awful...the complaining makes me go nuts. He has a die-ing toothe nerve and the dentist killed it, hehe... First one and 2 days later another! He has been home all week and been whiny ever since!!

I DO have to add that he did awsome today...he cooked us an awsome stew (HE never cooks), so I was in awe and after diner he said...Oh BTW, I also cleaned the upstairs & attick!! What?? He must have still been a little sick, LMOA!!!

17. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

i swear the mood im in with my husband ill get 2 bricks and do the snip for him

18. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

LMAO my hubby was really whiney when he got the snip - he lay around clutching a bag of peas to his privates, saying look what I am suffering for you (meaning me!) so you don't have to take the pill anymore!!!!! So I just flashed him my C-section scar, stretch marks and my poor battered tummy and said "look what I suffered giving you kids, so shut up and suck it up" hahaha

19. Tronesia

Tronesia Tronesia

umm...YES! One little headache or a cold and my guy is acting like he is dying & can't do anything. I have just learned to nod my head and say "aww"..."umm hmmm" when he is whining. Of course, when it's me...life just goes on...too bad guys are not like that. :-\ lol!

20. kim21673

kim21673 I'm slowly getting there!

Men are BABIES!! Seriously....they are ALWAYS sicker, things are always worse for them.....blah, blah, blah!

I CRACKED my head open, there was blood everywhere and had a concussion and still took care of three boys!!!