Norton security software & Mommyish's site for blog hop

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by bonnenuit, Apr 23, 2020.

1. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

My Norton security software won't let me access mommyish.net citing it as a malicious web page with malware attached to it.

2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

@bonnenuit Judy, I have a very strong anti-virus software - Bitdefender and it let me access the website so you should be safe to visit it.

3. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

4. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I always get a warning "are you sure you want to continue".... with my virus scan... happens every time I visit her site.. :(

Lisa B and bonnenuit like this.
  5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

@mommyish I can't remember all the details, but I know Leah had some issues with her site years and years ago. It's why gmail insists on dumping her newsletter into my Spam folder. :hairpol

I downloaded it from her site, and it was okay. No issues with the download being unsafe. It's up to you, but I know from Customer Service experience for Internet companies, that sometimes Norton can be overzealous. One day, Norton blocked Facebook as unsafe. :D It was quite entertaining, but also pretty frustrating to all the customers calling in. It took Norton about a day to fix it, and that's a really well-known site!

Lisa B likes this.
  6. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I use eSet and I always get the same warning. I go ahead to her site because I know it's okay.

bestcee and Lisa B like this.
  7. makeyesup

makeyesup New Member

Thanks all, just commented in the blog hop thread that I couldn't get Mommyish because of Norton blocking, guess I'll try again.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  8. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Ah @bestcee that makes sense why Leah’s newsletter 99% of the time is in my spam folder of gmail

bestcee likes this.