No tree this year....

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Dalis, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Well, this teacher she has gave her so much homework it's 5:30pm and she is still doing homework just for this lady's class. That is 2 hrs of homework for one class!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  2. Dalis

I love real trees but Bianca and I are both allergic to evergreens. I am REALLY allergic, I am not sure how allergic she is, I don't want to find out either. LOL!!!

cfile and jk703 like this.
  3. Dalis

Well, so far her nose is in between all her books. Poor kiddo! TOO MUCH HOMEWORK!

4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Oh, I hope things turn around and y'all can decorate together. We've always done the tree as a family. DH pulls out the tree and, with Daniel's help now that he is 5'11 1/2", they assemble it. It's three parts that snap into each other and it's fabulous. LOL We all fluff the tree, Jay puts on the star topper, and then I'll put on ribbon or garland on. Then we'll all put ornaments on.

The rest of the household decorations gets done by me alone. I always say I'm going to stop doing it, but I really do love the house all gussied up for Christmas.

I do know that when the kiddos leave the house, we are getting a tabletop tree. :) I think that would be a fabulous idea for you @Dalis if you are the only one doing it. Sometimes, just doing something small for our own selves is a great gift.

Dalis likes this.
  5. Dalis

6. LynnG

LynnG Designer

Sorry :-( That's sad. But early days yet :-)

No tree for me this year. Still surrounded by unpacked boxes in new apartment and no room anyway. I keep looking for a little 'downsized' tree too (maybe some white branches) but haven't found one I like yet.

Dalis likes this.
  7. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

UGH so sorry.. shake it off and try again Tuesday :)

Dalis likes this.
  8. cfile

We play "Twisted Christmas" an old cassette tape we have and it really has some funny songs on it.. once we listen to both sides of the cassette then we put the holiday music from the TV on.. sad we hardly listen to the CD player anymore.. can't even listen to the CD in the car as no longer a CD player in the new ones... Hugs and glad your tree is up with fun misic :) :tree

Dalis and bellbird like this.
  9. cfile

This makes me smile Dalis!!! Make sure you make a page..B looks happy here :) XO :tree

Dalis likes this.
  10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yay! You got it done! You beat me to it too... Last night my hubby was gone until late and tonight and tomorrow AND thursday I'll be gone until at least 9:00. Sigh. Maybe this weekend. The tree is up in the stand in the living room, but has nothing on it. It looks so sad!

HeatherB and Dalis like this.
  11. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Dalis likes this.
  12. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

Sometimes help is overrated. lol.
    I do have to have help lifting some of the stuff though. I've taken to leaving some of the trees standing with ribbon on it and just putting away the ornaments. I have one big tree though that has to come all the way down.

I asked my husband, can we put up the trees (yes plural - 3 large and 3+ small depending on my mood) early this year. We are gone for most of December. He said yes but we barely have them up a week now and one is still completely undecorated.

But the one my husband DID decorate... well, he is an engineer... so the ribbon is equally spaced and the ornaments are placed strategically. He asked at one point could he borrow a ruler. My facial reply made him forget his request.

Dalis likes this.
  13. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I'm so sorry, Dalis. This happened to me one year. I refused to put it up, or any Christmas decorations, unless my family helped me. They were too "busy" to help, but they were all there to help me the next year!

We're not putting anything up this year because we'll be out of town, and we'll also be starting our remodel. In some ways I'm relieved, but I will miss seeing those decorations. I'll at least put up a Christmas house flag to keep in the spirit of things.

Dalis likes this.
  14. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Woohoo, Dalis! Power of prayer. Good for you both! :byay

Do you want to come help me with mine? ;) Callan usually does the tree for us, and she isn’t around to do it this year since she moved to Kanas City. Soooo, I have to drag my tired rearend to the storage unit tomorrow to bring home all our Christmas stuff. At least I’ll have fodder for my DD album...LOL.

Dalis likes this.
  15. Dalis

OMG, the ruler statement has me in stitches!

Kat likes this.
  16. Dalis

I would love to, I love decorating them just not alone! LOL!!!

londoncuppa likes this.
  17. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

So happy to see this turned out for you Dalis!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  18. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

YES!
    [​IMG]
    Turned for GOOD!!!

19. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Happy to report my tree is up and decorated. Kid's tree is up but not decorated yet. Mantle is done. Outside lights are up. But have not done the garland on the stair railings yet -- maybe today.

cfile likes this.