No tree this year....

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Dalis, Nov 30, 2019.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

sad that she is not doing it this year.. maybe once she hears the Christmas music and sees you decorating.. you know you can't have any presents without them under the tree (wink wink) :) Hugs that B changes her mind

bellbird and Dalis like this.
  2. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

Its so hard for you not to make a big thing of this, and I really feel for you. I wonder if she will come round in a little while? Fingers crossed. I do love the idea of getting your own little tree though :):beat

AJK, bellbird and Dalis like this.
  3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I'm sorry, Dalis! Girls so fun at this age, aren't they? (*eyeroll*) Maybe she'll come around. If not, hopefully you figure out a way to decorate a tree to your liking--by yourself or with her, kicking and screaming the whole time lol. Maybe if she sees you decorating, she'll change her mind and join you? Or maybe she'll see your decorated tree and she'll be comforted knowing that you are keeping some "Christmas normalcy" (even if she's telling you she doesn't want it/doesn't care about it).

cfile, bellbird and Dalis like this.
  4. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Thank you ladies! It is 5:20pm our time, we just got home after 2 hockey games. We are all in a bad mood, B is emotional and a royal mess because her line-mate screamed at her.

KarenB, bellbird and Tree City like this.
  5. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Well, I'd probably be in a bad mood, too. But that stinks in relation to trying to get her to decorate the tree. Ugh! Hugs!

bellbird likes this.
  6. Dalis

I am not even going to try! She looks like wants to eat someone alive right now. I sent her to take a bath to cool down her emotions. Some of her teammates get a bit snippy when they are losing, which immediately makes the team play worse. I can't wait to be in a greyhound bus with all of these people for 10 hours straight on Thursday.

bellbird and Tree City like this.
  7. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I think visiting 13 y o granddaughter decorated MY tree because she was here alone with me and Dick and at home they rarely have a tree or almost any semblance of Christmas. If my daughter had been here with her I know Lotus would have been less likely to enjoy it as Mom would make fun of the idea and be sure to break some ornaments. btw, gdd was in a foul mood when she left mom's apartment for many (valid) reasons. Fortunately she fell asleep in the car for the hour plus drive. Heated seats are a godsend for cranky ones!

I do feel your pain @Dalis as I've had years of those in the past. I've learned the hard way that if I'm doing it for someone else I will surely be resentful. One year I just hung a lot of cookie cutters on a very small tree. Amazingly my dh said he missed a big tree and he can certainly be the grinch. hugs and hope for a better future in coming years!

cfile, Dalis and Tree City like this.
  8. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Sending sympathy! Teen girl drama is a real struggle - i totally agree about musics ability for changing mood though, DS went a bit nuts yesterday after we put on the CeeLo Green/Muppets Xmas song (the music is the Mambo no. 5 song but it's called All I Need is Love) & it helped get DD out of a funk too but last year was bad (trend is she's become a Grinch) .. . until the bird flew in the room ( accidentally) & that improved things last year & I think the feeling more flexible, like the tree doesn't have to be up right away, helps a bit but I get how it can suck the fun out of it all

cfile, Dalis and Karen like this.
  9. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

YES I do. Hormones have to be a culprit, LOL. And they change. Boy do they!

Dalis likes this.
  10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm sorry that they aren't in the mood to decorate so far Dalis... maybe if you wait a bit they will come around. My boys didn't feel like it today after we got home from cutting our tree today. I wanted to just get it done, but I decided not to force it. I'm hoping they will be more in the mood tomorrow. Teenagers just don't quite get the fun of the Christmas spirit and how much we love to keep traditions going. Tomorrow is a new day!

Dalis likes this.
  11. Dalis

OMG, Maureen I still use the heat warmer trick with my 13 year old, works as a charm. She did have a reason to be upset, so I let her be. Later tonight she came downstairs and snuggle next to me for 2 hrs!

can I say I love the idea of hanging up cookie cutters on a tree!!!!!!!!!!

cfile and Karen like this.
  12. Dalis

I agree, the only little problem is that she has tournaments or concerts EVERY SINGLE weekend from now until the end of the year!!!!! She practices 3 times a week for hockey and has choir practices once a week and orchestra practices twice a week, so we are really really busy.

bellbird likes this.
  13. Dalis

She looked like she was possessed after that last game. I had to tell hubby, "Please, give her a break right now, she is too upset to talk or even order food." Hubby wanted to take her to eat after the game but I knew it was not the right move. She is emotional like me, so food is not taken into consideration when we are upset. Hubby doesn't understand that. She took a shower, I made dinner and then suddenly she was snuggling with me in front of the TV.

cfile, AJK and bellbird like this.
  14. Dalis

A NEW DAY! Bianca said she will try to decorate tomorrow if she doesn't get too much work from school. School has been kicking her in her booty lately.

cfile, Karen, Tree City and 5 others like this.
  15. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

@Dalis that's wonderful news! I was hoping that she'd change her mind. :heartslub:heartslub

cfile and Dalis like this.
  16. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

There still is hope. It is just the two of us, and years ago, I remember having to do the decorating most of the time. One year I boycotted, and believe it or not, DH realized I was serious about not putting anything up, and he decided that he was going to do it all. Since then, he is usually right there, making sure we have the house decorated.

17. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Oh Dalis! Hoping she doesn't get a lot of work so you guys can decorate! I have to say that since it's so over commercialized, and it's a lot of work, the spark to decorate isn't as strong as it used to be with me. I want to go smaller and get a fake tree this year! Once it's up though, I enjoy the scenery and it makes me happy. I have to remember that part.

Keep us posted!

cfile and Dalis like this.
  18. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

YEA!!!!! Have fun! Kids ( and teachers, and parents) get tired this time of year with the knowledge that a brief respite and freedom ( well, maybe not for parents) is near. So happy this is turning for good!

Dalis likes this.
  19. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

We haven’t had any christmas stuff up in ages and won’t this year either even without the added complication of my mums surgery mainly because we go to other family for christmas

Dalis likes this.
  20. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I never look forward to putting our tree up. So.much.fluffing. I really dislike that part. And our tree. lol

Dalis, HeatherB and Karen like this.