No empty shelves at TLP

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by SharLamb, Mar 13, 2020.

1. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

This is sort of related to "The Other Thread," but since it is meant to be humorous, thought I would start a new thread.

Anyway, it was so much fun to do a little shopping at TLP store today, and find there were no empty shelves! And I didn't have to touch anything or anyone at check-out!

Also, my DGSs are THRILLED that they have 2 weeks off school! (Problem is, everywhere they might want to go is closed! ...glad they have a pool table, games, tv, iPads, dogs to walk, and even mountain biking and hiking (if the snow doesn't return).

Anyone else finding some upsides to this FIASCO?

2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love that there are no empty shelves here!!! :)
    My upside is that I am going to get a head start on my spring cleaning and get a wall painted that I was going to do over spring break. I might paint my kitchen cabinets as well :)

wvsandy and SharLamb like this.
  3. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I just want to hug you @SharLamb ! This is the attitude and outlook I am keeping thru this whole thing! Finding the good in every moment !
    My boys and I are going fishing together. We are going to play dominoes a lot!
    I have time to scrap and laugh with them.
    They asked if we could do meals on wheels for the seniors...I almost cried...so we will go in Tuesday and set that up for a few days a week too! That is just the best!

cookingmylife, wvsandy, Karen and 4 others like this.
  4. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

LOVE that, Sharron!!

SharLamb likes this.
  5. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

We are currently on vacation so we are pretty much ignoring it at the moment. DD got another week of spring break but we are heading home on Sunday. Although we went out to eat here at a Brazilian Steak House on a Friday night and it was not busy at all -- that was weird. More steak for me!

So DD and DS are supposed to have Jury Duty next week. Wonder if that is going to happen.

Meanwhile, I plan to scrap and scrap and maybe do some spring cleaning too -- maybe wash the windows?

cookingmylife and SharLamb like this.
  6. Mama Shades

Mama Shades Well-Known Member

I started scrapping the beach and then felt inspired by my feelings about now having to "home school" my three kids while trying to work from home at the same time. Hope it makes you giggle! :giggle
    [​IMG]

7. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

I am naturally a little bit of an introvert so I am loving having to stay at home and clean...I mean scrap! I am not to worried about the TP or food shortages, I have plenty of Girls Scout cookies and a Japanese toilet that even dries for you. I just wish my kids/grandkids lived closer so I could spend more time with them. I am sure by the end of two weeks in "quarantine" I would feel differently!

8. SharLamb

Michele, on the INside, I'm sort of agoraphobic. My goal every day is to not have to go anywhere. I really hate shopping and crowds of people. Although I don't break out into sweats, or anything, I still have to gear myself up to even go to the post office or UPS store. I somehow seem to be okay with restaurants! LOL On the OUTside, I force myself to go out when it is unavoidable, so I hear you. Amazon.com and digital scrapping are PERFECT for people like us.

9. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

my upside is I've convinced my kiddos to watch the Marvel movies IN ORDER from the beginning to the end with me. We haven't come up with a strategy yet as there are like 23 movies and they go back to school on the 30th. I am working from home during the day and they'll have some school work to do (not sure how we're going to have 2 adults and 2 kids all work from home on only a couple computer.. ugh. just realized that).

jk703 likes this.
  10. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

That's one of the best thing going digi!

11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I've been a homebody for a long time because of my chronic back pain. When you feel awful, you don't go anywhere and/or tend to choose the places where you can get some relief. So I was isolated well before this virus. Since 9/17 when I had my spinal cord stimulator put in I've been more active, but I still find myself staying home. I have grown to appreciate quiet and slowness. I don't have to be busy, busy, busy constantly.

I am looking forward to the slow pace of the next couple of weeks, without having to take my son to school, and the other minimal social contacts being cancelled or postponed. :)

12. SharLamb

Cheryl, no one can tell by your demeanor that you suffer so. That is to your Credit! I'm glad you're getting some relief. I remember the day...40-some years ago...when I was on my way to a community meeting I didn't want to go to...the guilt..."it's your DUTY to help make our community better." I stopped and said OUT LOUD, "What am I doing? Leaving my kids to go to yet another meeting to make our community better, when I am diminishing the quality of our FAMILY community by always going to meetings!" I took my shoes off, put my slippers on, and played a game with my three little kids. Never went to a meeting again that didn't interest me. When someone said to me (a few days later), "Well if YOU don't do (whatever it was), it won't get DONE," I looked her straight in the eye and quietly, gently said, "Then I guess it won't get done." Of course whatever it was did get done. There's always martyrs out there that the Bosses will cajole into doing all this worthless stuff. But it's not me. I think it is not you either! Good for us!

13. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Like @gonewiththewind due to my health the past four months or so (nothing major or life threatening btw) I’ve been some what self isolating anyway except for the odd work thing or job interview so doing this now isn’t a huge deal. I will probably cut down on any non essential travel for the next while and do skype interviews but apart from that not much will change for me.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  14. gonewiththewind

@SharLamb I'm surprised you didn't know about my chronic back pain. It's been a lifelong journey for me - since I was 21. I had some good years in there after my first back surgery, so it wasn't AWFUL the entire 30 years. Anyway, I feel like I talk about it A LOT. LOL I have been SO much better over the past 2 1/2 years that I really try to focus on the good and what I've gotten back, but boy-oh-boy, do I still have bad days. I've had a stretch of them for several days now and it's been a struggle.

I am a "yes" girl most of the time, but I've learned, like you, to say no to many things if they don't line up with my priorities. When they are boiled down, they are God, family, church, community.

cookingmylife and SharLamb like this.
  15. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

@michele hillam I wonder if there will be people deciding to buy those Japanese toilets because of this toilet paper issue?

I too have realized that I'm pretty darn content to stay in my home and have told myself that no using last month's Challenge coupon till I get all my supplies in order and tagged. I had a week or so of no LR work when I was switching all my EHDS around. All done now and all backups in place.

I also need to fish or cut bait on whether and/or how I'll do Project Life this year. I'm all caught up to two weeks ago but using non TLP stuff -no much stuff at all actually, just a template and a maybe one of two pretties. I've seen what didn't work but not got it evolved into a style I like enough to commit to 40 some more weeks. fwiw, the last couple of weeks could just say "coronavirus" but thank god, not in our home or any family's.

16. esahin

esahin Elif Sahin

Haha! :lol It's full as ever!
    I'll have some orders on my door tomorrow and now I'm thinking that maybe it was the wrong time to shop online :cornfused

17. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

@gonewiththewind I didn't know either, Cheryl! Not a clue. Sorry to hear that, as I watched my Mom suffer for several years and two major back surgeries. Her last one seemed to help a good bit, but I know rainy days affect her. From where I sit, you don't talk about it much at all!

18. gonewiththewind

Thank you! I know you have your own plate full of health issues. We all struggle in some way or another, right? I keep telling myself that, as it helps me keep things in perspective. And your mom, I'm so sorry. Rainy days/barometer changes are no good for me as well.

19. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

NOT HAVING TO WEAR A BRA EVERY DAY! When you are a G/H, being braless outside the house is NOT an option so getting to freeboob it inside has been fun.

20. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Thanks. Mom is doing good on sunny days. She is 85 so I am glad she can say that. DH & I are doing well- we have slowly been resolving the thyroid issues via lifestyle changes. For me, the replacement meds did nothing. Better by changing nutrition. :D And yep, everybody's got a challenge of one kind or another. :)