New Year, New Life into Fit Pad!

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Dec 31, 2015.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Hey to you all!! Here in the Northern Hemisphere, it is winter and holidays have caused great additions of extra pounds/stones/and other measurements.
    I want to try and get us moving. Sorta like a Computer screen to around the neighborhood to 5K kinda thing?
    The MOC starts tomorrow, and I would love to start moving with my MOCers? Lets have accountability. Move before making a page? Make a page and reward with a walk around the block? Getting started is my hardest, but having a friend with you helps!
    YOU in?

2. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I start on the 11th, and will pick up my 10K training program again. MWF = run first, scrap later, so I think I'm in! :)

AnneofAlamo likes this.
  3. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

Anne, I love to walk, but I need to see the ice and snow leave the sidewalks before I can walk outside again, too dangerous otherwise. Pray for lots of melting for me, I hate the treadmill!

bestcee likes this.
  4. AnneofAlamo

well, I think a few minutes on the treadmill is a good incentive too...I'm not looking for the Boston Marathon, I am thinking getting off our <cough cough> chairs and just get the blood moving!

Happy Mama likes this.
  5. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

Unfortunately due to my back and leg issues I wont be able to participate in this one. Would love to be able to get around the block but if I did that i would certainly not be able to scrap afterwards. I feel like I'm 90+ years thanks to this stupid back. I do have a treadmill so maybe I could do a couple minutes here and there on it.

6. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

That sounds great Anne!! I signed up for Cathy Zielske's FIT program. But I love the idea of movement/exercise tied into scrapping!!!

7. dagi

dagi Aiming high

I sure do need to take off some weight and get myself moving! During the pregnancy I really had some appetite! besides, I love sweets! but I decided to make a change.. I want to feel good and like myself again :). I am not familiar with the 5k, 10k stuff but I sure will walk more (that is rather easy with the baby carriage :)) and I want to work out regularly too.. so yep. I think I am in!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    enjoyyourpix likes this.
  8. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

Me too

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  9. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I was thinking more it should be like walk then reward for walking is to scrap . . . but I'll be up for getting moving -- might be another day or two before I shake this cold, but it's leaving (just not fast enough for me).

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  10. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

I'll move with you, Anne! Hold me accountable. I have been trying to figure out how we can challenge each other in this thread. (since we live here anyway, LOL). Hit me with a plan and I'll try to go for it.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  11. AnneofAlamo

I was thinking, like good morning my fit padders..bhahhah, I ate good this morning and there is no chocolate in my house...so I am gonna vacuum and then scrap

Happy Mama likes this.
  12. cla

cla Well-Known Member

Exercise has always worked like an anti-depressant for me so I have to do it! Please feel encouraged and remember ala Anne Shirley, "Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it." If you don't get to exercise or eat things you shouldn't don't give up, start again. There are tons of free exercise videos on YouTube so if you have access give Fitness Blender or Millionaire Hoy a try (2 of my favorite channels). There is something for everybody even if you need to move slower with low impact.

13. enjoyyourpix

not entirely "fitness" but I just got back to the computer from cleaning the pool filter. My leather gloves were cold and a little wet so I didn't want to wear then anymore so I just did a little more raking of leaves then came back inside!!

Happy Mama likes this.
  14. dagi

dagi Aiming high

sounds good, Anne! :dance

15. AnneofAlamo

I love this attitude!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  16. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I walk every day around my neighborhood and somewhere different with a friend every Saturday. I'll cheer you on!

Do you record your steps or map your walk or anything like that with your phone? I started playing with the FitBit and Map My Walk apps a month ago when I got a new phone that actually has enough storage space to be useful. I'm not doing it regularly, but the FitBit app records whether I choose to or not, so I don't even have to remember. I'd be happy to share my number of steps or interesting maps of my walks.

Happy Mama and enjoyyourpix like this.
  17. AnneofAlamo

I actually had a smart phone for about 4 months...and returned it! lol, but I love walking, and swimming that is my fav...I love your idea @michelepixels of taking my camera on the walks...and am gonna do that tomorrow!

Happy Mama and enjoyyourpix like this.
  18. Amy Wolff

Amy Wolff Amy Wolff

I have to jump in on this one! Will stick to my treadmill since it is snowy and icy. I bought myself a cheap Kindle fire...I'm going to attach it to the wall above my treadmill and I'm going to pick a show to binge that I can ONLY watch while on the treadmill. I hope that inspires me to get on it everyday!

19. enjoyyourpix

I found my old pedometer. Um, but I can't get the back cover off to replace the battery!! D'oh!!

20. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Once I get my fitbit next week I'll join you all - I have the nice weather, just no motivation to be outside :)