New start photos

Discussion in 'Photography Pad' started by carilyne, Feb 19, 2016.

1. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Lately I've been making many major decisions and I want to start documenting some of the process, reasons, etc. These are life changing decisions and will lead to a new start in my life. I can only do so many selfies, and from where I stand. What other ideas do you have for signifying a fresh start. Thanks!

Cath_ likes this.
  2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Well, if you're moving, you could always take a photo of a road, empty, stretching out into the future. A before and after of a cabinet empty during move in, and then filled signifying the full life you are going to have. Job changes you could take a photo of the building, or your parking space, maybe from the ground, or from the tire angle . . . like you're getting a move on? LOL I think it depends on what life changes you are making. Good luck to you!

3. carilyne

I'm moving toward a divorce but trying to set things up to have myself in as good position for being on my own. So right now it's decisions like rearranging finances, and a lot of personal change such as taking my power back, when I get to decluttering that will be easier, speaking up for myself, -- so your ideas will be a good help for new job. I like the signifying the full life. Chickypaw's gallery is part of the inspiration as she scrapped about an important date, feeling in limbo, etc [​IMG]

Lindzee and gonewiththewind like this.
  4. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I like sunrises/sunsets to symbolize endings and beginnings. Chess board/pieces can symbolize long-term planning. Birds and birdcages can symbolize freedom or lack thereof. Spring is coming, which has renewal written all over it. Maybe you can get some budding flowers! Depending where you are (I can't remember!) maybe snow melting to reveal whatever's beneath.

There may also be opportunities for literal stuff other than selfies. e.g. If you're meeting someone at the bank to discuss finances, take pics of the bank. If you're doing online banking, screenie the bank website. If you're treating yourself to strawberry cheesecake because it's been a stressful day, take a pic of that.It might sound boring, but I've never regretted these "normal" pics when I come back to them years later!

Good luck!

5. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

sorry honey

i was thinking what lorry said

take pics of little things, you had no control of, and write about looking forward to taking your control with confidence.

6. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

((((Hugs))))

How about a photo of your wedding rings and journal about letting go

Or a photo of your front door open with the quote about when one door closes, another opens

Or a photo of something that reminds you of your DH and journal about what you'll miss or "it wasn't always bad"

Or something that you do to start your day, breakfast, alarm clock, etc... And journal about a new day

Or a photo of your resume/job applications/work related papers and journal about your next steps

jenevang likes this.
  7. carilyne

Those are all such great ideas. I would not have thought of chess pieces. And spring ideas is a great idea. @lorryfach thanks for so many ideas. @FarrahJobling those are some things I do need to start writing about.I was looking at journals last night in fact. @Cath thank you for always being there. Taking control with confidence is a big one for me. Thank you ladies.

Lindzee, Cath_ and lorryfach like this.
  8. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

9. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

How about scrapping your new (and old) dreams and goals? I'll leave out the personal story but I didn't know I had any at one point. Dabbling with art stuff (pre digital scrapbooking age lol) uncovered a bunch, most I'd never paid heed to - just brushed off as a __insert self berating adjective__ time waster. If you wanted to dig into somethings you plan/hope/must leave behind, try spotlighting them with scrapping. Almost like a visual wake? Or, perhaps a spring cleaning of yourself onto scrap pages?

Lindzee likes this.
  10. carilyne

Thanks @FarrahJobling looking forward to it. @Mylinn I can totally understand that. Some of that is what started all this--finding me. But it would be a good time to do some more. The Art Journal (AJ) challenge this week is a little about that recovering dreams or looking back at what you wish you had done. So I'm doing a little of that. You could come join us! It's shadows boxes but several people are doing pages with a shadow box on it and it looks great.

Mylinn likes this.
  11. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh I am all for art journaling...taking a element of a suitcase or moving truck and using that as the base of my page and then write out journaling, then take hours, manipulating the words with different fonts, replace with elements, word art and just enjoy the process of making the page...that is why I miss doing art journaling...the process of the page, that is the most therapeutic evah!!
    I love the idea lorry has, (as I usually do) taking ordinary photos and attaching the whys to them....

Mylinn likes this.
  12. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

A BFF says she uses song titles (or snatch of lyrics) to signify things. Another friend uses pg, baby, toddler, etc to show where she feels like she is at at the moment. And baby shower stuff is her signal for new anything.
    Got me thinking of doing some opening scenes or old movie reel type LO's for the new house n stuff this year. Wonder who I should list as director?

Lindzee and carilyne like this.
  13. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I was thinking this the other day and thought how burst that say NEW and Improved! Better Tasting etc are on brands when they reintroduce them to the public. Be fun to have Burst of what is happening!

Think like reinventing yourself. A page of inventions and a new patent on Carilyne!

an empty page to start over

Brand new car, looking out your window from driver's seat.

a picture of new pants...heck I might even include a screen shot of the conversation.......for outfit suggestions!

14. carilyne

Great ideas -- new pants --haha. Yes I'll get some pics in my interview outfit. I can just see it. I get to talk to a student about the program -- I'll just ask for pics instead.
    Doing the new chapter idea. And I love the reinventing idea. Will have to ponder that. Thank you.

15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I did a page of my son's old shoes next to a pair of new shoes and chatted about how much he has grown, not just physically. A fire comes to mind too - Fire starts out as kindling, but as it gets oxygen, and the things it needs it grows into a mighty flame.

Good luck with your changes ahead. You are sounding very positive about the changes coming up.

AnneofAlamo likes this.
  16. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

This is definitely an Art Journaling (journey). Find things that represent how you feel. Don't be afraid of the negative or scary feelings: include those to get them out of you.

How exciting is it to be on our own with the whole world ahead of you. It may seem a long journey, but this is also a new beginning. Know that you are where you need to be at this time in your life. Things happen for a reason.

17. carilyne

Thank you Lindzee. I need that and to look through this thread again. It's been a hard week and I'm trying to remember the hope ahead.