New or Newish here? Let's play "Getting to know you"!!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jenn mccabe, Dec 18, 2015.

1. wendy85

wendy85 Doin' a little chair dance here at my desk

oh this is soo much fun, reading about all of you old and new faces.. Happy to see you all here and being with all of you...

How long have you been scrapping?
    Paper scrapping since 2007 when my oldest was born. Digital scrapbooking 2009 after my little boy came...
    What's your fave snack/guilty food pleasure?
    Chocolate chip coookies... this keeps coming back. Even when i try not to eat it lol..
    What are you currently reading or watching?
    Here in the Netherlands few months ago the first season of CSI cyber started. I was addicted to CSI anyway. but this is the only one left now lol..
    What's the last vacation you went on and where? (If you have one coming up soon that you are excited about share that if you wish!)
    Last vacation was this summer a mid week to one of our adventure parcs. and it was so much fun with rollercoaster and other fun stuff
    One random fact about you?
    I still love dancing in front of the computer while scrapping and listen to music.. (see my title profile title cheer dance). I think this will never stop...

jenn mccabe likes this.
  2. elk2009

elk2009 Hello, gorgeous

Paper scrapping since 2000 when my mom was diagnosed with terminal cancer...I wanted to share with her how much she meant to me
    if my mind is on the "treadmill" I generally need something salty...nuts are usually my go to, but if i just want a snack...it has to be chocolate LOL
    I rarely have time to read but am on book 2 of the immortal instruments series...fav to watch pretty much anything sci-fi or Disney (cuz I don't want to live in reality LOL)
    What's the last vacation you went on and where? (If you have one coming up soon that you are excited about share that if you wish!)
    I take very few vacation, but I have a annual pass to Disneyland even though I live 6 hours north. I go about 5 times a year.
    One random fact about you? I am a homeschool proponent. I work with homeschool children in several subjects...I LOVE what I do

3. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

I'm in the Bay Area, where are you??

4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

First post :-)

How long have you been scrapping? Started traditional scrapping in 1999. Started digital scrapping in 2007. Although I also used to put all my photos in the old style black page books from Hallmark when I was a kid. Learned that from my mom... she was a scrapper before it was the thing to do!
    What's your fave snack/guilty food pleasure? Dr Pepper and Reese's peanut butter cups or peanut butter M&M's
    What are you currently reading or watching? I've been watching past seasons of The Amazing Race on Amazon. Started with season 1 that I had never seen and am now done through 11. Up next, season 12.
    What's the last vacation you went on and where? (If you have one coming up soon that you are excited about share that if you wish!) 2013 I spent 2 weeks on vacation... first week with my father in North Carolina and the second week with a cousin's family in Orlando. After that week, I've determined that I WILL be moving to FL when I retire in 5 years!
    One random fact about you? My user name is a tribute to a dog that I had for 15.5 years. He was black so I named him Pepper and needed an AKC registered name for him which become Circo Dr Pepper (kennel name first) after my favorite drink. On a forum for the breed, I used a short cut for the breed name "Hava"nese and Dr Pepper. It then became my user name everyone else. Sadly, my little guy went over the rainbow bridge with his almost 14 year old sister (Paige) earlier this month. I'm keeping the name in honor of him.

jenn mccabe and enjoyyourpix like this.
  5. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

@HavaDrPepper - welcome to The Lilypad! Thank you for sharing your sweet story about your pup. Havanese really ARE the cutest! I think it's really special to honor him by keeping your username in memory. <3

HavaDrPepper likes this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

@HavaDrPepper I know you! I'm so sorry about your puppies. I love that you kept your user name in honor of him. I'll share some Reese's with you on my couch.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  7. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

How long have you been scrapping? traditional - since 2001; digital for about 5 years
    What's your fave snack/guilty food pleasure? chocolate & nachos (not together!)
    What are you currently reading or watching? Reading: A Sparrow in Terezin. Watching: Trying to get caught up on Agents of Shield
    What's the last vacation you went on and where? (If you have one coming up soon that you are excited about share that if you wish!) Disney cruise last Spring Break. Nothing that is planned for upcoming :(
    One random fact about you? I love saving money but I hate cutting coupons. :)

jenn mccabe likes this.
  8. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

SINCE END OF 2011
    BEEF BURGER
    THE FLASH. GREY'S ANATOMY, CRIMINAL MINDS
    3 WEEKS AGO TO SINGAPORE FOR A WEEK. NEXT TRIP WILL BE IN 2016 , MAYBE TO TOKYO!!
    NEVER HAD THE COURAGE TO PAINT AND DRAW SINCE I WAS LIKE 10. STARTED DOING IT RECENTLY AT THE AGE OF 40. LOVING EVERY BIT OF IT!!!

jenn mccabe and enjoyyourpix like this.
  9. Natalie C

Natalie C Member

I was a paper scrapper from 1992 until I discovered digital in 2007. I have never looked back!!

Anything sweet. I am a sugar addict that really needs rehab.

I am currently reading Intertwine by Nichole Van, though I'm not very far along. I've been in a reading rut the last little bit. I love reading historical romance and also paranormal romance. My current DVR shows are The Blacklist, Grimm, Once Upon a Time, Person of Interest, Rizzoli and Isles, and Castle. I'm excited to start watching When Calls the Heart again. :D
    Camping at Duck Creek, UT the end of July. We aren't able to vacation very often. I'm hoping to be able to change that soon.
    I am a choir nerd who desperately wishes I could find a local group to sing with.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  10. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I too grew up in the Bay Area (napa) and we just moved away from Yuba City (back to the middle of no where New Mexico)
    and
    when we were in Cali, I began homeschooling because of the fabulous support from people just like you!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  11. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

How long have you been scrapping? Paper since the early 90s, digi since like 2007 or so. I use an older program and have alot to learn though!

What's your fave snack/guilty food pleasure? Ice cream! No idea why my font changed below.. sorry!

Watching: Hunting Hitler, The Curse of Oak Island, Redwings games, Michigan Football, Cupcake and Cake Wars, American Pickers, Expedition Unknown, Ghost Asylum, Ghost Adventures, A Crime to Remember.

Reading: Historical novels, True Crime, Disasters, sports history, History of Royal families, Medical history, creepy books!

What's the last vacation you went on and where? I guess seeing my mom in my hometown of Port Huron Michigan five years ago. Lifes been a bit in upheaval since my daughter had her kids. (She has 3 and one on the way) Long and complicated story, but this year hubby and I said we WILL do for ourselves!

One random fact about you? Im a person who would be content to be a time traveler! I love everything old, and vintage! Old books, stories, dishes, photos, clothes, even old scraps of papers feel special to me. I love the internet and Pinterest, but I feel drawn to things from the past. People call me an "Old soul"

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    jenn mccabe likes this.
  12. meterr

I loved that documentary! I too think I have eclectic tastes in shows and books, I never watch the "in" shows! Im always out of the loop!

Lynnette likes this.
  13. meterr

Im a sports fan as well! I was born in raised in Michigan, so I have to like the Lions, sadly. I wish them luck (but it never works!)
    I was born at U of M hospital, and im a big fan of Michigan! Go Blue! I love the Redwings, Tigers and Pistons, and LOVE sports history like the old 40s RedSox, 50s Yankees, the 70s A`s and Reds, and CCCP (Soviet Union) hockey

14. lvancura

lvancura Well-Known Member

How long have you been scrapping? I started paper scrapping in 2000 and digital scrapping in 2013.
    What's your fave snack/guilty food pleasure? Chips and salsa, guacamole, popcorn
    What are you currently reading and/or watching?
    Reading: I just finished See Me by Nicholas Sparks
    Watching: The Big Bang Theory and NFL football
    What's the last vacation you went on and where? Our family went to the Black Hills in South Dakota last summer on our first real vacation. I'm hoping to get somewhere warm early in 2016.
    One random fact about you? I live in the country on a farm. The closest town is 15 miles away and has a population of 3,000 people.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  15. chloe_digiscrap

chloe_digiscrap Well-Known Member

Sorry if you've moved on to new questions, I wasn't brave enough to read 8 pages of chat! LOL

January 2006... 10 YEARS, people! I feel old! LOL

Anything salty. I can resist sweets (except Reese's Peanut butter cups) but bring me a bag of chips and I'm done!

Lots and lots of TV shows, our favorite being The Walking Dead.

What's the last vacation you went on and where?
    Switzerland for Christmas, just came back an hour ago! LOL

I learned to ski when I was 2 1/2.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  16. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

@HavaDrPepper I loved your username when I first saw it - Dr. Pepper is my fave! - but I love it even more now after reading about your sweet pup.

HavaDrPepper likes this.
  17. Charly Renay

Charly Renay New Member

How long have you been scrapping? 12 years,I did siggy tags from 2003 to 2005, then moved to layouts in 2005

What's your fave snack/guilty food pleasure? Milky Way

What are you currently reading or watching? NCIS LA

What's the last vacation you went on and where? (If you have one coming up soon that you are excited about share that if you wish!) Our last one was to Rhode Island back 10 yrs ago:( My Hubby is a fisherman(Lobsterman) so time off is not something he can not do often.

One random fact about you? Even though I am a Designer myself, I LOVE to CT for other Designers as I did that before becoming one myself.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  18. mrsashbaugh

mrsashbaugh Well-Known Member

I did some paper scrapping when in high school and in college. Discovered digital scrapbooking in 2012 but really got into it in 2013.
    I love warm, out of the oven, gooey, chocolate chip cookies.
    I use to be a reader but not much anymore because my free time is usually spent scrapbooking. Shows I binge watch as soon as they are available on Netflix is Once Upon a Time and Pretty Little Liars. I started watching Quantico online too and am hook.
    We went to Ohio last Christmas to visit my husbands family. Last actual family vacation was a family cruise in July 2014 that my dad took us all on...it was something he really loved to do and wanted to share that with all of us.
    I was a military brat and grew up in Europe.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  19. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

When I was younger, I was obsessed with the original trilogy books. I loved how much better I understood what the characters were thinking. LOL. To be 12 again!!! Now I want the new books!! :)

Oh, and @mommyish, I am beyond addicted to your styles. Especially the paper ones. When I'm too lazy to go searching for a solid to match my layout or I want something that isn't too textured to journal on I scroll and click and am DONE!! mwah!!!

Yes please!! Do you have a preference? Puffy or chewy or crispy??? I do, depending on my mood.

Shall I give you my address???

20. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Well, not new at all. But, I can't resist introducing myself to new people.

Since 2003, but digi didn't start until 2009, after I had my first son.
    Brownie Brittle. Seriously, I eat the whole friggin' bag every single time. I don't allow myself to buy it that often.
    What are you currently reading and/or watching?
    I'm reading Fern Michaels' Sisterhood Series. It's a little twisted, but funny & empowering too.
    This past June, we celebrated my five year old son's birthday at Disneyland. I swear, I want to move into Radiator Springs. In August, we had our annual camping trip in Big Basin, CA. That trip always includes time at the Beach Boardwalk & Day Out with Thomas the Train. On Thanksgiving, we spent the day in the snow in Lake Tahoe, CA. Usually, we got to San Diego in February, camping in August, & snow on Thanksgiving. Our little family traditions, no matter how our budget is. We make it happen & it's always so worth it.
    I must multi-task. I get extremely bored & out of sorts if I don't.

jenn mccabe likes this.