New or Newish here? Let's play "Getting to know you"!!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jenn mccabe, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Jen22

Jen22 New Member

I'm shy enough as it is. Starting at a new place like this is a little panic-inducing lol.

How long have you been scrapping? -- Paper in 1998. Digi ... 2005 or so.

What's your fave snack/guilty food pleasure? -- Recess Peanut Butter Cups - keep 'em away!

What are you currently reading or watching? -- Finished reading the Maze Runner series. Kinda meh about the ending. Curious to see what the movie does with it.

What's the last vacation you went on and where? -- We went to the Grand Canyon last year. It was the most incredible thing I've ever seen. I thought it would get boring after awhile, but I never tired of it. This year we moved home (from New Mexico back to Washington). Not really a vacay, but an adventure all the same.

One random fact about you? -- I hate bacon. Like HATE it! Ugh! Can't even have bits in soup or salad or it ruins the whole thing. Never thought that would matter until bacon became the new "IT" thing lol

2. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

LITERALLY ME ... RIGHT NOW!! Love them!!! I like the small ones best. Perfect ratio of chocolate to peanut butter. The big ones are a little much. I don't love (as much) how the middle of the chocolate gets all oily from the peanut butter in the middle. (oh and not the super tiny ones. those don't have enough PB for the chocolate.) Clearly I have put much thought into this!!

Welcome to the Pad!!

DixieDoesPSP and bestcee like this.
  3. Jen22

Jen22 New Member

My fave are the holiday ones (which used to be rare, and now they come out for pretty much every little holiday). The egg ones at Easter and trees at Christmas. I like the over kill on peanut butter with a soft shell of chocolate. This is making me crave them lol.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  4. unarose7

unarose7 Well-Known Member

Hi I'm new to this forum. Here are my responses:

How long have you been scrapping?
    I began digital scrapping in 2010 and have been in love with it ever since. I began to paper scrap in 2014.
    What's your fave snack/guilty food pleasure? I love So Delicious Coconut Milk Ice Cream. I bought some for Christmas and its divine. I also love trail mix. Its healthy but I eat alot of it.
    What are you currently reading or watching? I love British TV: Downton Abbey, Poirot, Foyles War, Sherlock. I just finished binge watching Midsomer Murders for the 3th time! I'm reading The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson.
    What's the last vacation you went on and where? (If you have one coming up soon that you are excited about share that if you wish!) Yikes I haven't been on a vacation in years. I guess the last one was to Northern B.C. for Christmas with the family a few years ago. Its so beautiful with mountains everywhere.
    One random fact about you? I grew up in Yellowknife, N.W.T. Its called North of 60 because its above the 60th parallel meaning it has permafrost all year round. So no trees except for evergreens, -40 degree winters and 24 hours of sun in the summer.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

welcome friend, you can sit right by me...and I am so glad you are here!

Jen22 likes this.
  6. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

you are in good company ... plenty of us are total introverts here! welcome!

Jen22 likes this.
  7. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

whoa! i think every part of my body just shivered reading that !!! not sure i would last a week! welcome ... and hope you find it toasty and cozy, warm here at the Pad! :)

8. Teri

Teri You bought a used lion?

This is fun, I am following several favorites designers here and hoping to get settled in. Looks like I am not the only one ;)

Had to think about this, but digital has been for about 9 years now. I got my first copy of PSE for Christmas of 2006. I had been doing paper for almost a decade before that...but once I figured out this digital stuff, I never looked back.

What's your fave snack/guilty food pleasure?
    Dark Chocolate...sometimes I share, but the really good stuff I only eat if the kiddos are gone or in bed. Luckily hubby doesn't like dark chocolate.

What are you currently reading or watching?
    I am reading the Mistborn series.

What's the last vacation you went on and where?
    We just got back from Austin, TX. Went for a few days after Christmas to see a friend.

One random fact about you?
    I'm a twin, but my twin and I are as different as day and night in both appearance and likes/dislikes. I have a sister is is 18 months younger than me and we are often stopped when we are together and asked if we are twins. Most people don't believe me when I say, "No, but she and I are twins (pointing to my actual twin)."

bestcee, jenn mccabe and HeatherB like this.
  9. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I'm slow to the party, but....

How long have you been scrapping? Forever, but digitally since 2006 right after my baby was born.

What's your fave snack/guilty food pleasure? Carmel... anything with carmel will do. I'll settle for a symphony almond toffee bar, but chocolate is definitely second to CARMEL! My BFF made a whole loaf pan of carmel for me for Christmas... YUM! :tree
    Disclaimer: I didn't eat it in all in one setting... I shared with my fam.

What are you currently reading or watching? Still finishing up all the Hallmark Channel Christmas movies I DVR'd. LOL Then, hoping the networks will start playing my shows again. Castle, The Flash, Marvel Secret Agents of Shield, Forever, The Player, and Blacklist. I probably missed some, but that's a start.

(If you have one coming up soon that you are excited about share that if you wish!) We did Disneyland last Spring and have a Hawaii trip in the works for Spring Break.

One random fact about you? Did I mention I LOVE CARMEL! LOL I've also been known to pick a restaurant for date night based on how good their cheese fries are! :pigout

bestcee and enjoyyourpix like this.
  10. Jen22

Jen22 New Member

Hey Lady!! I will happily stay by you lol. I'm still bummed I never drove up to meet you in person before moving home. If I ever make it back down there (doubt it, but you never know) I will make it a point to stop by!!!

AnneofAlamo likes this.
  11. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

@keepscrappin I'll share caramel and cheese fries with you! Mmmm Cheese fries....

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

If your sitting next to Anne your incapable of being shy! You will be an extrovert in no time LOL

13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Because Anne will introduce you to everyone who walks by!

Welcome Jen22! I'd share a treat with you, but I ate them all on my way over :(

DixieDoesPSP likes this.
  14. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

How long have you been scrapping? A very long time; first paper and now digi for quite a few years.

What's your fave snack/guilty food pleasure? White Chocolate.

What are you currently reading or watching? I love reading mysteries and I'm about to start the third Cormoran Strike book written by Robert Galbraith (aka J.K. Rowling) I love most mysteries and need some suggestions.

The last big vacation was in November 2014 on a trans-Atlantic cruise from Southampton to Puerto Rico. We have a one week Caribbean cruise planned soon.

One random fact about you? I love math. I tutored high school math for years.

15. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I started paper scrapping in 2007, after a surgical accident left me unable to work. My Physcial Therapist's wife encouraged me to come to a crop weekend. I didn't have a clue! But I went and had a terrific time and the rest is history. I switched to digital when CM introduced their sbcStudio software for MAC. After that died, I switched to PSE and then recently to PS CC.
    Anything chocolate.
    Nothing really. The last book that I read was "To Kill a Mockingbird" and "Go Set a Watchman."
    What's the last vacation you went on and where? (If you have one coming up soon that you are excited about share that if you wish!)
    We always go to Siesta Key, Sarasota, Florida at least once a year. We last went in May 2015. My husband grew up there, so we always have family to see while we are there. It's the most beautiful beach in the world.
    I have never lived more than 15 miles from the hospital that I was born in. Boring, I know, but I guess I really didn't have any other choice.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  16. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I've been making scrapbooks of some sort all of my life. I started "serious" paper scrapping in 2000 when my friend introduced me to Creative Memories (I later became a consultant until last year). I've been digi-scrapping since 2004, I believe, and I scrap using Artisan 5.

Chocolate. Because I'm not supposed to eat it. Silly digestive system.

Reading: I just got the book "North and South" by Elizabeth Gaskell for Christmas. Hopefully I'll have time to read it soon! I loved the miniseries, so I now want to read the book before reading the many adaptations of it out there.
    Watching: "Lost in Austen" miniseries on DVD. What fun it is!

What's the last vacation you went on and where? (If you have one coming up soon that you are excited about share that if you wish!)
    California to visit family and Vermont to bring DD to camp.

I'm an official Skate Mom! My DD is a competitive figure skater, so I literally spend most of my time at the rink either working there when she skates, or dropping off or picking her up from practice. I also just got a serger so I can now use that when making her skating costumes! I just need to find the time to figure out how it works.