New member!

Discussion in 'Photography Pad' started by FarrahJobling, Dec 17, 2012.

1. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Hi there! I'm Farrah...Once upon a time, I was a traditional scrapper, then became very interested in photography and scrapping fell to the side. I've recently become obsessed with digital scrapping and since I have TONS of photos, I'm super excited to put them all into a book.

Every year, I post 25 days of Christmas photos, (which I also plan to put into their own books). If anyone would like to check them out, they are on my personal blog: www.thejoblingfamily.com

thanks,
    Farrah

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2012
  2. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Welcome to TLP! You've come to the right place :)

Your photos are gorgeous!

3. valeriapiemonte

valeriapiemonte valeriapiemonte

Welcome to the Pad!! This place is the best!!!! I am sure you are going to have loads of fun here with us!!! :wubb

4. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

Welcome to TLP, Farrah! Your photos are so gorgeous... Day 14 is my fave though... I can totally relate to the middle one LOL

5. snaggletooth

snaggletooth Minnetonka? Momma? Either way.

Hi!!!! welcome to TLP!! I cant wait to see your photos :D

6. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Farrah, I'm glad you popped over! Welcome! Your blog photos are gorgeous - you've really captured the season. :)

Tell us about your gear. Are you a Nikon or Canon girl?

ETA: Farrah, you had a typo in your blog link. I edited your post to fix it so everyone could see your lovely work.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  7. FarrahJobling

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! =)

I'm a Canon. I mostly use my Mk2 and 24-70 or 70-200...but I have a bunch of other misc. equipment that i use for different purposes. I also shoot professionally, so depending on the client and situation, I'll use the other stuff weddings, newborns, etc...

8. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Welcome Farrah! Gorgeous photos!

9. FarrahJobling

Thanks! Spelling and I never get along ;)

10. kimbytx

kimbytx New Member

Welcome to the Pad!

11. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

Welcome! Your photography is beautiful. Can't wait to see some digi pages from you.

12. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

Hi Farrah!

Welcome to the Pad :) I am in the same boat you are, I used to scrap all the time and then got bit by the photography bug and that has taken over my life for the last few years (and TLP of course). So glad you stopped to say hello! Looking forward to getting to know you better.

13. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

Gorgeous photos! Love the one with the kid in the little car with the Christmas tree on top! So creative! Im into photography too but I'm limited by the equipment I outgrew years ago. Can't wait to see some of your layouts!

14. FarrahJobling

Thanks everyone...How/where does one post LO's? I can click on your galleries - SO FUN - but I'm not entirely sure where *my* gallery is? Also...how do you come up with LO ideas? Thus far, most of mine are pretty much scraplifted from somewhere *ahem* and by "somewhere" I really mean the PP and OLB flickr groups. ;)

15. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

I love to participate in The Lilypad Challenges, they have many great layout ideas.

If you go to the gallery, you can click on upload photos, then you choose a gallery, I usually use member gallery unless there is another specific gallery I want to post to. Then you upload your layout there. Hope that helps a little!

16. scrappup32

scrappup32 Currently starring in Hoarders: Digi Disarray

Welcome Farrah! Your photos are INCREDIBLE!!! I almost cried when I saw your Day 15. Such a beautiful tribute. I am just getting into photography myself and I would love to know more about your work. I hope you will be active in the Photography Pad!! <Hint hint> Looking forward to seeing your layouts too.

17. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

welcome!! so great that you've jumped in and made yourself at home! can't wait to get to know you better! your photography is beautiful! i'm sure your digi pages will be as well!

18. Liz

Liz The Poster Child for Minimalistic Beauty

Welcome to TLP Farrah. Your photos are absolutely stunning - looking forward to seeing more of your gorgeous work here!

19. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Maribel gave you good instructions on gallery uploading, but let me know if you need any additional help. She's right about the challenges too. They're great for ideas and inspiration. You can find the December challenges here. Also, we do offer coupon rewards for playing along (2 LOs = 10% off, 4 LOs = 20% off, 6 LOs = 30% off and completing all 7 is 30% plus a chance at guesting for a month on TLP's creative team). Jump in and give them a try! :)

20. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Welcome to the site Farrah! As someone who is currently blessed with a month guesting at the pad because of the challenges I have to tell you that not only is it a WONDERFUL way to get your mojo flowing and pushes you to create outside your box but guesting at this place ROCKS!