New here and to digital scrap

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by love2craftjen, Sep 18, 2017.

1. love2craftjen

love2craftjen Member

I recently started digi scapping after many years of traditional scrapping. Still learning and want to learn more! I was hoping digi scrap would help me keep up better. I have a senior in hs and want to be "caught up" for graduation in spring. I want to be more prolific and I find my hang ups are getting pictures developed and then finding the inspiration to spend time in my craft room without my family.
    Look forward to learning more here!
    Jen

2. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

You found the best digiscrap place right here....welcome! !

love2craftjen likes this.
  3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

4. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Welcome Welcome :wave- I so know what you mean about the lag between going and printing photos and pulling out the paper stash, it is a huge spanner in the works of the creative process, it's one of many reasons i went digi as well (and haven't looked back! :D ) I'm sure you'll love it here and find many like minded friends (quite a few other Jen/Jenn's too!) and inspiration ... and Wednesday 50% off specials in the store are a good stash building opportunity as well (so if you haven't already, go signup for the newsletter by clicking the newsletter word in the blue top header bar). What program are you using/planning to use Jen?

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Welcome to the Pad Jen! Glad that you found us here. I love that you're already thinking towards getting caught up for spring and graduation! It's always my goal too, but I rarely achieve it! Lol. I do find for me that digi heps though because you can work on your computer in the same room as your family and sorta be involved while also getting something done! And the best part is the saving in the middle of a page and coming back to it later without having to get out all the stuff again! There is a TON of great inspiration in our Gallery too if you need somewhere to start. :)

7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Digital scrapping is definitely easier than paper! Nothing to clean up! You can just click the program closed. Or leave it open. A cluttered computer desktop does not show on your real desk. :D

Plus, you can re-use, recolor, and undo; none of which we can do with paper.

I switched from paper to digital in 2004. Around 2010 I dabbled in paper again and it was so frustrating and blah. LOL

8. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

You are gonna be so happy with digital, and beware......beware
    it is so addicting!!
    you came at the right time as the first weekend of OCtober is the big time National Digital Scrapbooking weekend! Games, coupons, sales and fun happening here at the Pad!
    I totally recommend finding the designers that work with your style, subscribe to their newsletters..cause these gals are so giving. There seems to always be FREE things or extra coupons happening! Check out the thread here:
    Designers: Who, What, Where! Newsletters + More
    I am totally clueless to paper scrapping, I
    hyperventilate cutting a photo.
    YOUR best friend in digi scrapping Control Z! you can fix it! lol

9. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

So nice to "meet" you!

10. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Welcome to TLP Jen! I hope you find yourself at home here and am positive you will catch onto digital scrapping soon! And - once you have the bug, you ought to have no problem catching up with creating layouts - it's totally addictive!!
    It's nice to have you with us and I'll be looking forward to watching your gallery grow!!!

11. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi Jen and welcome to the Lilypad. So glad you found us!

12. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Welcome Jen!
    You are in good company here! As there are a lot of former/current paper scrappers. Also did you know you can be a Hybrid scrapper!? You can print off your digital products and create a page in real life! I also began as a paper scrapper and only did digital on a dare................. said I wasn't interested................ bwahhhh! It is the best of both worlds you get to create memories without the mess, AND, it is so much fun getting your layouts printed into a book!
    If you need anything just ask! There is a lot of people here that would love to help you learn this craft!

KatrinaHunt13 and love2craftjen like this.
  13. love2craftjen

love2craftjen Member

Thanks all for the hellos and tips on designers, forums, galleries etc.--- I need the inspiration! @bellbird I am using PSE15. I downloaded the free trial last month and just about the time it was going to expired I WON PSE15 from Digital Scrapbooking HQ.com! How lucky am I??? @Karen YES! I wanna scrap and be with my family...or on the couch....or on vacation...or camping...or in the car...or outside :) I feel the love! :heartslub

Karen and bellbird like this.
  14. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Welcome, Jen! I switched in 2010... it's perfect, and no clean up! Shout out if you have any questions!

15. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Hi. Glad you joined us. I too started out as a paper scrapper, for about 10 yrs, before going digi (about 5 yrs now) and have never looked back. I still make a few hybrid cards here and there but I fell in love with digi and don't really go into my scrap room much anymore. Don't hesitate to ask any questions, watch the videos and read tutorials. Watch CHERYL SCRAP live videos (the next will be in October) or watch replays on YOUTUBE HERE.

There's a bit of a learning curve as you get started, there's a lot to learn, but just stick with it, it becomes more comfortable and you'll soon love it, I'm sure, as much as the rest of us. You're going to love the fact that there is no "clean up" to be done :)

16. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

Welcome Jen!! There are so many great challenges here too that offer freebies to help you with your scrapping. Templates will really help you get caught up!

17. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

wow! totally lucky! a lot of people here use PSE of some edition (i'm still on photoshop CS6) so if you have a question about anything program specific, you should be more than covered. Can't wait to see your first pages shared in the gallery - don't be put off by the upload process, sharing with like minded people and the supportive comments is part of the addiction ;)

18. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

Welcome!!! I am one of the hybrid girls here! I "occasionally" will throw out a digital page, but mostly hybrid! Share share your projects, we would love to see them!

19. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Welcome Welcome Welcome!!!!

20. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

welcome Jen! So glad you are here and have joined us! You came to the right place! You will love it here. Holler if you need any help!