New from Pennsylvania!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by Peaceful Angel, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Peaceful Angel

Peaceful Angel New Member

My name is Janice (aka Peaceful Angel in the digi scrap world). I'm a newcomer here looking for a new home. My current digi home is ready to close-Gotta Pixel. My scrapbooking style is traditional, but I want to try some art journaling. I see lots of familiar faces :) .

MrsPeel, Cath_, wombat146 and 3 others like this.
  2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Welcome to TLP Janice! This is the same time of year I became active here last year, just a couple weeks before the annual MOC, an awesome month of daily challenges. One of the challenges last January was art journaling. It's really big here, with an entire forum and subscription program. Enjoy!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  3. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

welcome to the pad! we are so glad you are here!

4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh big hugs to you..I so know the angst of losing your digi home. It is pure sadness, and more so for GP. Such a shame. I so hope you find this is more than a scrapping store, but a home to laugh and challenge yourself to play and create. We are about to start the most amazing challenge month in January. I hope you play along. If you have any questions or concerns, seriously this is a welcoming place. Ask and enjoy! Again, welcome to the Lily Pad! ♥

5. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Hi Janice and welcome to TLP! Where in Pennsylvania are you from? I grew up in PA and still have lots of family in Erie.

6. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Oh, Janice.... welcome! I'm so sorry that Gotta Pixel closed and so many lost their home. Hugs. It's always hard to jump in and find a new home. I hope you love the warmth, people and the scrappy goodies too!

Don't get too overwhelmed with everything... there is so much! So, ask lots of questions, jump into the forums but take your time. Though, MOC is a perfect month for challenges, lol! 31 in the whole month, one a day, and if you complete all of them, a $20 GC is yours!

7. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Welcome to the pad and I hope you really love it here. Last year my "home" at Scrap Orchard closed and I came her and I have found I made a perfect move. It is just a vibrant and friendly place to hang out. I'm a traditional scrapper too just learning to mess around with the fun art journaling layouts. :bk

8. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Sorry you are losing your digi home Janice, but happy to hear you already recognize some faces here! Like everyone mentioned this a great place for all styles of scrappers ... and AJ is big here. I'm sure you will be inspired by the AJ forum and gallery to give it a go! Welcome and let us know if we can help in any way! :)

9. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Janice welcome to TLP. We're so sorry your digi home is closing. Last year I too lost my digi home, but luckily found TLP. TLP is so amazing! Everyone is friendly and so helpful. The forum and gallery are simply amazing. You're gonna love the like button and all the bells and whistles the TLP site has to offer.

Like others have said, January is our MOC and it's a great way to jump right in and get to know the TLP community. Check out the December calendar here for speed scraps, chats and sales.
    https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/december-chats-and-scraps.45835/

Fridays are 20% off new releases. wednesdays are 50% off SOSN ( something old something new). And there are december deals too.
    https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/december-deal-days-are-here.45900/
    All are great ways to build your stash for MOC.

10. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi Janice, and welcome to the Lilypad! So sorry you are losing your digi home, but we're glad that you came by to give us a try!

11. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Welcome, Janice! This is a great place to be. I hope you can make it your digi home.

12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Hi Janice! So sorry to hear about GP, but really glad to have you here!! Make yourself at home!!

13. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Welcome Janice to your new home at TLP!! I was also a 'homeless' scrapper last year but I think you will find that TLP will soon become the home you always wanted, just like I did! It's such a fun and happening place! Come and join us in the AJ forum as well and have some fun!!! :)

14. Danyale

Danyale Always one step behind Waldo

Hey Janice!! Sooo glad to see you, dear friend. I know this past month has been filled with change and I hope you find the warmth we all have by being here ((hugs)) :bk

15. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Welcome to the Pad, so glad you are joining us. There is a lot going on here, you will love it.

16. dawninskip

dawninskip Well-Known Member

17. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Welcome to The Pad, Janice. Glad to have you on board! :)

18. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Welcome. Happy you found the pad. Hope your search for a new home ends here. Check out the art journaling forum. There are 2 sets of challenges going on just now,and the challenge from Dalis (12 days of scrapping ) is great for trying something new,but still staying a bit traditional if that takes your fancy. Enjoy your new home...

19. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Hi Janice We hope u will pull up a chair & get comfy here. It has been my digi home for years now & has something for everyone style wise. Sing out with any questions while exploring & hope you enjoy the AJ section!

20. scrappydonna

scrappydonna Blah blah blah