NETFLIX or STAN suggestions box!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Justagirl, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

Hi everyone,
    Since my radiation treatment has finished I have been so fatigued and lost my creative mojo. I think the last 10 months has finally caught up with me and just need more rest t recoup and regain some of my old self back again. It was during my hospital stay in March that my lovely hubby set me up with Netflix and Stan. I am so behind the eight ball on this but boy have I made some headway and enjoyed some serious viewing time over the past few weeks.

I’ve watched & loved:
    THE CROWN
    GRACE & FRANKIE
    YOUNGER
    THE LET DOWN
    SECRET CITY
    SISTERS
    AFTER LIFE

I’ve started to Watch
    PERPETUAL GRACE LTD (Not so sure about this one yet)
    BLOOM (Hooked from the start but then I love my Aussie Drama)

My hubby recommends:
    LUCIFER (Haven’t tackled this one yet.)

So I was wondering what recommendations do you guys have? I love all genre’s although I can’t seem to stomach ones that are really violent, much prefer feel good ones these days.

Let me know what your faves are and help out this girl that finds the choice all too overwhelming I need some steering towards some choice Movies and TV Series.

LoveItScrapIt and cfile like this.
  2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Murdoch Mysteries (a Canadian show that used to be on US's Netflix, but is now off. Perhaps you have it?)
    Parks and Recreation
    Schitt's Creek
    Nailed It!
    The Good Place
    Impractical Jokers
    Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
    Republic of Doyle

Shows on Hulu in the US that perhaps you might have access to (IDK what Stan is lol):
    90 Day Fiancé and any of its offshoots, like 90DF: Happily Ever After?; 90DF: Before the 90 Days; 90DF: The Other Way
    Real Housewives of New York City (I believe this is one of the BEST shows on television. Where else can you see an ensemble of strong, middle-aged women on a show where men are barely secondary, if not outright unnecessary, to the show?)

3. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Some of my latest faves on Netflix:
    Series:
    A Series of Unfortunate Events (series, not movie)
    Father Brown
    Call the Midwives
    Broadchurch
    Sherlock

Movies:
    Gernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
    Roma
    North and South
    Becoming Jane
    Christopher Robin
    Dumplin'
    Queen of the Desert
    Coco
    Bodyguard

4. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Stranger Things was a lot of fun!

5. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I know it is old, but if you haven't watched the Gilmore Girls series and then the Netflix Movie 4 part, do so... I did that recently and it was real fun :)

oh the Pooh movie - Christopher Robin, Saving Mr Banks and 7/7 will be Mary Poppins returns all on Netflix :)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    ashleywb likes this.
  6. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i'm pretty terrible at remembering names of shows! (we have netflix but not stan so i'm no help on that) but i think we've xhausted the sci-fi tv shows and movies section where our interests intertwine but as a fun 'game' sometimes (read: when we can't agree on anything in the 'recommended for you and trending' lists) we'll type random words into the search - like we'll pick a colour and type in Green etc and i have no idea how it populates it's lists for keywords but it always gives an amusing range of things to try - i'll try to remember to jot down names next time we netflix!

cfile likes this.
  7. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I know that netflix in Brazil is a bit different from other countries, for example, here there's no The Office, but I've watched A LOT of series, from all genres...the ones that are light and fun and bittersweet at times, I recomend:

One day at a time (great family sitcom, it has 3 seasons)
    What up, Charlie (1 season, more to come)
    the Kominsky Method (it reminds a mix of After life and frankie and grace)
    Brooklyn nine nine (this is a goofy series about a police precinct, it's priceless!)
    Good girls (season one I thought fun, didn't watch season 2 yet)
    and I like a lot the Queer eye for the straight guy, but this is a reality one, five gay men try to improve the lives and confidence of straight men by giving them makeovers and advice...I love this show!

I watch tons of mistery murder series, but those are no good for you...you need something fun to your spirit! =)

8. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

Ooh thanks ladies lots of great suggestions onto my watchlist they go :)

Ferdy and cfile like this.
  9. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Matt and the kids watch Netflix more than I do.

Always Be My Maybe was a cute movie. Wine Country was cute, too.
    Dead To Me is fun.

Grace and Frankie is like my favorite! I see it's on your list already but it's still my favorite. LOL!