Need Some Input...

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by RebeccaH, May 3, 2011.

1. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Okay, I'm doing a really last-minute project for Mothers Day gifts. I'm printing off photos and mounting them to hanging canvases. A couple questions...

1. What kind of adhesive do you think would work best to hold the photos in place long-term?

2. What do you think would be the best for hanging - just normal little alligator zig-zaggy things that are on the backs of normal pictures, or attach some cute little ribbons or something to hang? or I could do nothing, and they could just rest the frame of the canvas on nails and hang them that way (not sure if this makes any sense?)

Thanks ladies!! I definitely need some hybrid expertise... pronto!

2. Karen

Karen Alarm off, brunch ON

I've made several of these types of projects (printed an 8x10 and stuck it to an 8x10 canvas). I used double sided sticky tape by 3m. It comes on a roll just like regular tape and sticks like crazy! I also painted my canvas black first and that made it look sharp!

Also my new favorite way to hang lightweight pictures is with command adhesive. It's like Velcro. One side sticks to the canvas and one side sticks right to the wall. It supposed to not leave any gummy junk and not damage your paint so you don't have nail holes. I literally just took a canvas off my sons wall yesterday and it worked exactly like they say. Love that stuff! I'll post links in a sec. I also think I have pictures of mine somewhere on photobucket.

3. Karen

Karen Alarm off, brunch ON

4. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

thanks karen for the input. your canvas photos look great!