Need planner help :)

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by Brandi, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

Ok, so I'm thinking of dabbling into the planner thing and don't know what type to do. Care to share some good ones and where to buy them? :bunny I'd love to be able to print some of my digi-goodies and use them in it as well!:dancebun

klee73010 likes this.
  2. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Take your pic of threads. It's a craze for sure. Lol! Establish what types of things you want to plan, and what types of things you want to write in it. Then, think about a format you want to write it in. The really popular ones for memory keeping are Erin Condren (~$50, personalized ), Happy Planner ($25 at Hobby Lobby, amazon, meandmybigideas.com, but use a coupon at Hobby get it for 15ish.) And then a few others. But start with the first couple things I mentioned. @AnneofAlamo and @dvhoward just started with theirs. Also @gonewiththewind and @Danyale I think. :)

3. WendyBird

WendyBird Active Member

I use a discbound ARC from Staples with pages I designed (that will be in the store soon). I've been using it for 2 years and I love it, but am very tempted by the Carpe Diem!

I have both a vertical and horizontal EC, but it just doesn't fit my needs - appropriately sized to carry with me, and pockets to use as my wallet too.

klee73010 likes this.
  4. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

Brandi, if you want to dabble, you might want to start in a small (personal sized - 3.75″ x 6.75″), to help keep things from becoming overwhelming.

Traveler's Notebooks, Midoris, Fauxdoris are also a good place to start. They are super easy to create and customize to work for you.

My first year of "artsy planning" was in a coiled planner. It felt a little constricting and the planner was busting at the seems by the end of the year. I have used ring binders for the past 2 years and they work best for me. I am able to easily adapt the planner to my needs.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  5. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

I use InkWell inserts inside my filofax. I also have an erin condren that i love sooo much! If you have a Staples near you that sells them they are clearancing them out and you can get one super affordably!

6. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I also have an ARC system that I can customize with the pages they have available. I use my planner for note taking as well as a calendar. I also plan on it becoming my personal motivation/journaling tool for my weight loss journey in 2016.
    I got all my pages/stuff at Staples.

7. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am completely pen and paper gal. Bullet journaling with my beautiful RED Leuchtturm Notebook A5 Dotted Medium Red this video changed the paper mess on my desk. I tried fancy planners, smart phone (epic fail) and now I am happy:

[​IMG]

lorryfach and enjoyyourpix like this.
  8. Brynn Marie

Brynn Marie Brynn Marie

I think the best thing is to start with something a little less expensive to make sure you even like it and find the best format for you. There are so many options, not just size wise, that it gets overwhelming.

Right now you can get a Happy Planner or Heidi Swapp kits super marked down at Micheals. HP's were ringing up at around 10.50 I believe. And like @crystalbella77 Staples is also clearing out their Erin Condren's, some as low as $5. A lot of people start with the line that Target carries. I had one last year for my Girl Scout Planner and I really liked it.

jenn mccabe and crystalbella77 like this.
  9. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

So I went with The Happy Planner. They had one left at Hobby Lobby and I was like "SCORE!!!" but then when I opened it up, it was the blank kind, where you fill in the months and days, etc... Didn't want that. So I picked up some of the goodies to put in the binder instead there and then drove to Michael's to see if they had any planners. 3 left, and luckily they had the months and dates in them. I'm a happy girl with a happy planner. Off to be organized, and happy. :giggle

10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Welcome to the {Overly addicting, NEED all the pretty things} planner world!

Brandi and klee73010 like this.
  11. solysombra33

solysombra33 Member

Well, happy you! good choice, i really hesitated to buy it. But finally, i made mine, with papers by ETC by Danyale...
    I only need monthly items... I printed it in two pages per month. I write the numbers, then only change the month and papers and print the next month!...

[​IMG][​IMG]