Need help with journal box

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by NancyP, Jan 18, 2018.

1. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

HELP! I use PSE 11 and have completely forgotten how to make a journal box! I want one of those boxes where the journaling wraps around so both sides are straight. Can someone help me????? :heartslub

keepscrappin likes this.
  2. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Type your text in the box. Then highlight all of it and hold down control, shift J. That should give you full justification on both the left and right.

Karen and sahlink like this.
  3. NancyP

HUGS HUGS HUGS!!!!!! :wubb

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Good thing Kayla answered you! I was going to suggest using the text tool to draw the box before typing in it. :giggle I totally missed the justification part!

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. NancyP

Well, so far nothing has worked. I still have a jagged right side. I love the justification look on both sides and wanted it for the three text boxes in my Username challenge. Alas, but to no avail!!!! :cry

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. keepscrappin

@NancyP - Let's try to figure out the text box issues you're having Can you please upload a file of what your screen looks like? click on the upload a file button just under the reply box. I'd like to see the text box tool options along the bottom and what the text box looks like for you.

7. NancyP

Ahhhhh, yeah, right!! This is dumb techy me you are talking to!!! Where are you? Are you on the work screen in PSE???? Where is the "upload a file" button and where is the "reply box"???? HAY, I know where the text box is!!! I clicked on the big "T" and played with every one of those thingys in there and nothing worked!

8. keepscrappin

haha ... I totally understand the whole not being techy thing. I'll do up some screen shots on my end and see if that helps you.

9. keepscrappin

ok give this a look and see if it helps.

HelpNancy_JustifiedText_web.jpg

lmccandless and gonewiththewind like this.
  10. keepscrappin

@NancyP - Did the screen shots help?

11. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

I know for me to get justification I can't just start typing, I have to draw the text box & it doesn't always work if you are hitting enter to make new lines. I don't know if this is the problem, but I know I forget on that one & have to draw my text box, type normally without hitting enter, and then picking the justified in the text options window.

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. keepscrappin

oh yes Elisa, good idea! @NancyP - make sure you are just typing in the the text without pressing enter so it will wrap down to the next line itself.

13. NancyP

Yes!!! I am going to keep plugging away at this until I get it!!!! :banana

bestcee and keepscrappin like this.
  14. keepscrappin

Keep us posted.

Also how long has it been since you've shutdown your computer and restarted it? That could be causing your issues. A reboot can help clear out temporary files that get stuck and clog up your computer.

15. NancyP

Oh I do that all the time to get rid of the "crap". I also use C-Cleaner.

keepscrappin likes this.
  16. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

@NancyP I just tried those steps from the screen shots from @keepscrappin (EXCELLENT!!!) and it worked on my Mac's PSE15. I had tried this once before but didn't get it. Now it did. However, justified text gives me headaches...lol..all those white blanks!

Maybe try writing the text outside PSE (with no fiddling with lines etc) and pasting it into your text box, do the highlight and then control, shift, J and god willing and the creek etc ...it works for you. Those things really test my patience!

keepscrappin likes this.
  17. NancyP

IT WORKED!!!! IT WORKED!!! :clap:clappy:banana Now I am not EVEN going to tell you why it took so long!!! You would be rolling on the floor laughing!!! One stupid little thing I kept doing wrong! But here's the thing. Now when I draw a text box and start typing, it is automatically justifying. I no longer have to highlight the text and hit CTRL,SHIFT,J !!
    Thank you all, for your help. This has now been added to my PSE 11 notes!!

keepscrappin and bestcee like this.
  18. keepscrappin

Wahoo! I'm glad it worked for you. Better watch out, you'll be the PSE pro around here soon helping others. :agree