Need Gift Help!!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by 4noisyboys, Jan 28, 2012.

1. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

I need to do something for the nurses at the hospital where my husband has been for the last 9 days. He isn't really "sick" where they need to do a lot for him...he has the plasmapheresis nurse that comes in every other day to do the big treatment (and it's been a different nurse every time), but I just want to bring something in for all the nurses that have to deal with him being grumpy about being there.

I was thinking about picking up a couple dozen of small bite sized cupcakes from one of our favorite cupcake stores here, or we have this place that makes mini bite sized bundt cakes...I don't bake and I don't have time to anyway. There is also chocolate covered strawberries which might be good...but probably very expensive.

If I do it, which would you choose (or something different?), and should I bring them tomorrow, or Sunday when he'll have his last treatment and will hopefully be released?

I'm really so bad at these types of things. I'll send along a card too thanking them of course!

2. crazygirl

crazygirl Opening a post office

I love all those ideas. I'm sure whatever you choose the nurses will be so grateful! I'm sure they are rarely shown how much they are appreciated!! Tank you for thinking of them! And good luck to you and your husband. I hope he'll get to go home soon and heal quickly. :)

3. Patti

Patti CT4Val, Heather, Sabrina

I second what Jacque has said, Debra! Too often our 'front line' people in all professions are taken for granted and a thoughtful gesture like this, would go along way, whatever you choose I'm sure they will be very appreciative, hun:)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  4. joshi_82

joshi_82 New Member

I love this idea of giving them a little present and I think, they will love it, whatever you do. I for myself most love the idea of bringing them some cupcakes

5. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I think the food idea is great. They don't have to 'do' anything with it, and I'm sure they get hungry on their shift. Not only write them a note, but make sure you write the head nurse (?) or even someone higher up at the hospital praising how well the nurses have done. I'm sure that would be the best present they could receive.

6. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

i think you are so nice to do this and i would go with the cupcakes

7. Rona

Rona Active Member

When my dad was in and out of the hospital (including the ICU), my mom would bring over some cupcakes, or some pasta, or cookies over to the nurse station of my dad's floor. The nurses all appreciated it and it was great to see those smiles being passed on to the other patients on the floor too :)

Oh, if you bring pasta or some cake (instead of individual servings), don't forget paper/plastic plates. And drinks! :) Nurses love the little details that we think of.

8. Hanazana1

Hanazana1 Shhhhh!

I guess (and I´m nurse, LOL) some cupcakes are perfect, maybe some coffee? I don´t know how often people in USA drink coffee, but nurses in Czech drink it very often! And they sure appreciated it!!

9. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I was going to say Cookie Bouquet, but the cupcake idea is even better!

10. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

Ok...well cupcakes it is then. I'll go over there this morning and hopefully they will be open! LOL!

I know the head nurse (over the whole hospital) personally, so I'll be sure to write to her as well and let her know what a fabulous job they did, and point out some of the special things my husband especially appreciated.

11. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

yep, i think they'll LOVE getting cupcakes! i'm sure they don't always feel so appreciated, and this gesture will mean the world to them!

12. kimbytx

kimbytx New Member

I work in a skilled Nursing Facility. Nurses love getting food treats. Cupcakes will be great! And a card thanking them ...

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012