need formal dress help!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by amandajane, Aug 14, 2012.

1. amandajane

amandajane amandajane

I need a new dress for hubby's graduation ball coming up. As there will be mostly muslims there it needs to be long and have sleeves, so I thought the best thing would be to get a dress with a matching jacket. These are the final 4 picks, but I can't choose. help!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  2. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

3. crazygirl

crazygirl Opening a post office

Oh I love the bottom right. The top middle is gorg too! We have been looking at modest dresses for my daughter and the homecoming dance. We have fallen in love with lightinabox.com!

4. julifish

julifish Heather's Team

I think the bottom right is one you could wear without the jacket to something else down the line pretty easily. Honestly - they are all beautiful. It's a hard choice!

5. carolee

carolee Humming along in the Neil mobile

I like the one on the top right. Is a sheer sleeve okay?

6. sarahme85

sarahme85 Member

I would get the dress that you would wear most often - with or without the jacket! Bottom right is most general - could be worn for many purposes - but top left screams - "I'm so proud of my husband I wanna look FABULOUS!" lol.

I just wanted to add - if it were me - I'd get the top left haha. Really though I would. I would wear it anywhere I had the chance. Getting a dress like that says, you're taking me out a few more times a year and I wanna fit in it forever!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  7. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

They are all beautiful! My favorites are the bottom two, just very classy looking. But I agree that top left is fabulous!

8. misserin

misserin New Member

I'm team top left. That dress is phenomenal!

9. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

totally in love with the bottom 2 :)

10. Micheline Martin

Micheline Martin New Member

DEF top left, it's stunning!

11. joelsgirl

joelsgirl joelsgirl

I'd go with teh bottom right. It's the most modest, but it's still very stylish. We wanna see pics when you finally pick one!

12. melrio

melrio I will hunt you!

I agree....especially if there are Muslims there and you're not wanting to offend. Of course I like the top 2 the best but I understand your situation.

13. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

Oh WOW. Why not just buy them all?!!

THe bottom right one emphasizes the hips. The bottom left emphasizes the top-I love that one, personally. Top left is a huge wow, that is formal and amazing! and the top right one is nice and Victorian in feel. The bottom right one has a real Black Tie dinner feel to it with the velvet. It's more Wintery than the others because of the fabric and the jacket cut.

But really? Can't you buy them all?

14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love the one of the top left, but they are all gorgeous! I'd love a reason to wear such a pretty dress!

15. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

Top left! Top left!! I want it now, and I need to think of somewhere I could wear it....LOL

16. amandajane

amandajane amandajane

I forgot to say that I'm a size 16, and while I agree that the bottom right is the most modest and very elegant, I'm not sure that I could pull it off. I think I will get the two on the left and then decide. We do go to a few formail events, so I am sure I will eventually wear them both. Thanks for the input.