Need a calorie counter/heart rate monitor/anything else important....

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by Brandi, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

I'm looking into buying a watch that I can wear that will track my heart rate, calories, maybe even distance (not sure if that would work on a spin bike), but was wondering if anyone could offer any insight on this?! I would love it!

:whistle Angie?!? :whistle Miss Running Queen....

2. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Not gonna get distance on a spin bike. Need a cadence sensor for that, and I don't think you can attach those to the spin bikes.

I wear a GPS watch. They just put out a new one that's a bit more affordable, but without all the bells and whistles - the Garmin Forerunner 10. I think it's like $129 or something. I know it does distance/pace/time, but I'm not sure if it connects to a HRM or not. If you just want heart rate, you can get a watch and HRM for like $30 probably, but that's all it would do.

My watch was $400 so I don't necessarily suggest that. My dh bought it as a gift. But it is super fancy, and for $30 extra I was able to get a piece for my bike. So not only does it give me my distance/pace/time/lap speed/heart rate, etc, it also tells me what my cadence was when I ride. I do love that watch. Garmin 610 is what I have. They have a 910 now which is also waterproof. Want. :giggle

3. Brandi

Thanks for this info Angie. I do know that I can get something (some sort of magnet) to put on my spin wheel to determine the rpm's. That would be pretty sweet if I could get a watch that did the calories/distance/pace/time/heart rate, etc..... all for the spin bike too, not just for walking/running. Hmm....

4. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Yeah I dunno. I do take spin sometimes but I don't worry too much about how far or fast I went. As long as I'm sweaty it's good enough for me. LOL

5. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

I use a Garmin GPS watch for running outside. I don't spin so I don't know which watch and equipment would track that...

6. Brandi

:giggle

7. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

Gosh!! If only I understood half of what you ladies are talking about ... a watch for spinning?
    [​IMG]

8. dennydenny

dennydenny Why can't it snow in the Bahamas?

9. nfenchak

nfenchak Where is my personal shopper?

I work for the Y and one of our centers just renovated. The bike they had.....i want to marry it....it is like cutting through butter. The moniter on it lists which gear you are in, the RPM, your heartrate if you are wearing a strap and one other thing - distance??? The best freaking bike i have ever been on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!