NBK Challenge-It's not Christmas

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by sharonb, Dec 10, 2018.

1. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

Welcome to the St. Nicholas-It’s not Christmas challenge. St. Nicholas and no Christmas you say? Well St. Nicholas (Americanized for Christmas in the US and other countries) was a Catholic Bishop and is a Patron Saint… for children, sailors and bakers. He is recognized for giving all that he had to others. He is a symbol of hope, gifts and winter. Dec. 6 is St. Nicholas Day.

This challenge is not a Christmas challenge (apologizing in advance)- Let’s show the true meaning of St. Nicholas. Let’s see a challenge about anything St. Nicholas stands for- children, bakers, sailors, giving, hope, gifts, winter and anything else you truly believe St. Nicholas stands for. I want you to do a non Christmas layout on the topics I have listed or what you feel St. Nicholas stands for to you. Easy Peasy! (you may use any colors you like)

Here is my layout: My inspiration is Winter!! I used an older kit of NBK. This one is December 2015 (Originally part of Memories in a Box)
    [​IMG]

RULES
    This challenge runs from Dec 10 to Dec 23, 2018
    One lucky scrapper will be randomly chosen to win a $5 coupon to the NBK Design store.
    You must use 100% of NBK Design Products.
    You may use a template from a designer at The Lily Pad.
    Post your layout in the NBK Design Gallery and in this forum, and link your layout to the gallery.

From our talented team:
    Cindy
    [​IMG]
    artCrush No10
    font: Rockstar Brush Font (regular, display & swashes)

Anne:
    [​IMG]
    ArtCrush 10 - PP, OOB, ABP, Styles

NBK-Design likes this.
  2. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Interesting challenge! In my country he is one of the most "popular" saints.

bestcee and NBK-Design like this.
  3. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

4. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

This is SO MUNDANE (compared to what the REST of you will post!) that I was almost too embarrassed to post it! And what can I say? Our trips to Arizona are the best part of WINTER to me, and something for which I am very GRATEFUL. So I guess that covers the bases for the challenge. (And PS: the best part of the manicure is the hand massage, for which I am also grateful!)
    [​IMG]

NBK-Design likes this.
  5. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

Wonderful layouts...Jan- great picture to show St. Nicholas. Sharron... Your layout is wonderful...it is perfect...it is winter. Perfect! Thank you!

NBK-Design and SharLamb like this.
  6. Oldenmeade

Oldenmeade Well-Known Member

I really loved this challenge, thanks Sharon! I'm looking forward to seeing all the beautiful pages for it.

NBK-Design likes this.
  7. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Interesting challenge. I had to think about this one for a bit, and then it all came together.

[​IMG]

NBK-Design and Cherylndesigns like this.
  8. TrishD

TrishD Well-Known Member

Interesting challenge Sharon, here's mine
    [​IMG]

patsyt, NBK-Design and Cherylndesigns like this.
  9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Very interesting challenge, Sharon. I went with the Patron Saint of Sailors. I read on the internet that sailors often say, instead of wishing each other good luck, "may St. Nicholas hold the tiller".

[​IMG]

patsyt, NBK-Design and mcurtt like this.
  10. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Another Very Interesting Challenge Indeed...I Though About This For Quite Awhile & The Thing That I Kept Coming Back To Is Winter...Well Frost In Winter...I Stumbled Upon A Wonderfully Pretty Little Flower...All Bright & Stately Proud...Just Hanging There Covered In Frost...This Made Me Slightly Sad Knowing That This Once & Still Beautiful Flower Was About To End It's Life Cycle Because Of The Cold & Frost...Just As This Thought Entered My Mind I Shuttered & I Shivered...Thinking About How Freezing Cold It Was Outside & Not Wanting To Meet A Similar Fate...I Hurried On To My Destination But Captured This Thought Provoking Moment In Time Forever...I Honestly Hate Being Cold...So Winter Is Not My Favorite Time Of Year But I Love Winter Pictures & I Love Scrapping About Them Even More...Interestingly Enough This Doesn't Look Like A Winter Layout Due To The Bright Colors Used To Compliment & Contrast The Color Of That Beautiful Flower I Saw...But I Tried To Make The Frost On The Flower More Visible & Stand Out On It's Own & I Tried To Make The Layout Look Somewhat "Frosty" With All That Rather Ethereal White Masking & Overlays I Applied To The Entire Layout...

*For My Frost Fallen Layout-I Used:

*Everyday Basics-Artsy Bits & Pieces Pack A & Paper Pack - Design-NBK Design
    *Hello TLP-NBK Design(1 Item Used)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    Cherylndesigns and NBK-Design like this.
  11. AnikA68

AnikA68 Well-Known Member

we don´t have Nicolaus, but when I think of it, I see happy children
    [​IMG]

12. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

Wow- these layouts are amazing! I love how everyone came up with such unique layouts. Thanks for sharing with us!

mcurtt and NBK-Design like this.
  13. Ursula

Ursula Well-Known Member

Thank you for the challenge, Sharon!
    [​IMG]

NBK-Design likes this.
  14. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

Sharon, thank you for the interesting challenge.
    St. Nicholas, Patron Saint of children and winter

[​IMG]

Cherylndesigns, mcurtt and NBK-Design like this.
  15. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

I think of candy, in particular the sweets my Mom would bake for the holidays when I was little. These jelly beans are called "Frozen", so I guess the colours are from that movie. At any rate, I think they are pretty!
    [​IMG]

Cherylndesigns, mcurtt and NBK-Design like this.
  16. CharlotteM

CharlotteM Well-Known Member

such a very interesting Challenge, thank you - and I came up with children and winter
    [​IMG]

Cherylndesigns and NBK-Design like this.