National Burrito Day | Pad Patter 4.6.23

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by umyesh, Apr 6, 2023.

1. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Happy National Burrito Day!

Do you like burritos?
    What do you like included in your burrito?
    Which restaurant burrito do you prefer?

Share all the yummy burrito-ness with me today! Let’s celebrate together! ;)

2. umyesh

Do you like burritos?
    Yes, yes I do!

What do you like included in your burrito?
    shredded beef, cilantro lime rice, black beans, guacamole, fajita veggies, sour cream, shredded cheese, lettuce, salsa

Which restaurant burrito do you prefer?
    Cafe Rio

Also, if you’ve never had a quesarrito (a burrito wrapped in a quesadilla instead of just a plain tortilla) you need to try it sometime!

3. scribler

scribler Blanket? Check! Slippers? Check! Sweater? Che

I either want an Allsups fried bean and beef burrito or I want a breakfast burrito with scrambled eggs, cheddar, bacon and fried potatoes.

umyesh likes this.
  4. umyesh

Ooh I forgot about breakfast burritos! Yum!

scribler likes this.
  5. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

I prefer a Burrito Bowl (like from Chipotle) with steak, cilantro rice, black beans, pico di gallo, cheese, sour cream, fajita veggies and guacamole. It has all the goodness of the burrito in an easier to eat bowl-- and I can eat only half and not worry about it getting soggy in the fridge!

umyesh likes this.
  6. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

San Antonio, Texas with the Tex-Mex flavors produced some tasty burritos. My favorites were an Anna-Maria burrito (ground beef and a cheese sauce) at a restaurant that was literally called "Mexican Restaurant." That place closed down....but the food was good. Second favorite was called Stuffed Burrito at La Hacienda...but their menu changed so I'm not confident they have it anymore. It was also ground beef with cheese....but very different in texture and taste to the Anna-Maria.

I am salivating now and seriously missing the food in SA, TX.

umyesh likes this.
  7. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I love burritos but these days I only use low carb tortillas for mine. I like to add lettuce, cheese, shredded beef or chicken, hot sauce, salsa, guac and sour cream - no beans. I also like burrito bowls but like to make them at home b/c I substitute riced cauliflower fried in butter, garlic, onion, red pepper flakes and taco seasoning for the white rice, no beans and lots of fried pepper strips, onions and tomatoes. I use shredded or ground beef or chicken.

umyesh likes this.
  8. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

I'm not a big fan ...

Backing slowly away .... lol

umyesh likes this.
  9. umyesh

You’ve got great taste! I should try the bowl next time because I can never finish my whole burrito.

10. umyesh

You have me salivating now too! You had me at cheese sauce lol

11. umyesh

Your seasoned riced cauliflower sounds delicious!

12. umyesh

I respect different tastes so thanks for chiming in! ;)

tjscraps likes this.
  13. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Not a fan either ... actually I've never eaten one as they simply don't appeal to me.

tjscraps and umyesh like this.
  14. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I love all Mexican food so burritos are yummy

I can stuff mine with about anything that sounds good at the moment in the morning you can put some eggs..sausage bacon in there..maybe some salsa...and avacacado...

Afternoon.. rice.. beans.. marinated pork with pineapple..avacado..sour cream.. salsa.. ..cheese.. potato?..

Supper.. maybe a steak burrito.. with refried beans. Tons of cheese sauce . Rice ..tomato... mmmm
    Or a chicken one with lettuce..and all the fixings..
    Or pork carnitias ... or shredded beef tongue.. or ... burger.. or a mix. Or just bean...

Yeah I like them all

We have a place in town called super street tacos that makes the best Mexican food ever.. we eat from there a lot more than we probably should .. lol. They even deliver to your house which is quite dangerous. Their burritos are amazing and they have a queso covered one that is my husband's all time favorite .. which your choice of meat (he normally gets combo of al pastar and steak) .. while I normally get their torta which is freaking amazing like sandwich thingy... with meat tomato avocado ..lettuce and cheese ...

umyesh likes this.
  15. umyesh

I'm impressed you've never eaten one; I don't think many people can say that!

16. umyesh

You're making me hungry Kari! ;) Yes to the tons of cheese sauce and burritos at all times of day!

dotcomkari likes this.
  17. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I like tacos, fajitas, and enchiladas ... so no need to try burritos, lol!!!

umyesh likes this.
  18. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Do you like burritos? yes, I eat burritos instead of sandwiches . . . like a few times a week (and sandwiches very rarely)

What do you like included in your burrito? sautéed veggies (like onion, peppers, zucchini, carrots...), beans, sauerkraut, sometimes hummus

Which restaurant burrito do you prefer? I prefer my own, but will eat a Chipotle burrito if I must.

umyesh likes this.
  19. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

Do you like burritos? Yes! I love both burritos and burrito bowls.

What do you like included in your burrito? Beans (either black beans or refried pinto beans), lettuce, mild salsa, rice, cheese, guacamole, sour cream.

Which restaurant burrito do you prefer? Chipotle burrito bowl. I love their cilantro-lime rice.

umyesh likes this.
  20. umyesh

Your sautéed veggies sound delicious Michele, and I love that you prefer your own.

michelepixels likes this.