Name Help...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by purpleplasticpurse, Dec 30, 2011.

1. purpleplasticpurse

purpleplasticpurse purpleplasticpurse

I need your UBER creative minds!

I want to start a food blog to document all the recipes and stuff we're doing for Josh and his bizarro diet.

I have 1 idea, but that's about it so far.

Any creative suggestions?

In case you don't already know.. Josh is 10 and has Crohn's disease.. he's been on serious meds for almost his whole life and after a week stint in the Hospital this past August we decided to take him to a Naturopath that has him on a crazy diet + supplements. He is off of ALL meds... he was doing well, but now is kinda falling apart again, we're trying to figure out if there are things we still need to take out of his diet or what....

He can't have: gluten, dairy, eggs, corn, sugar, soy, yeast, oranges (i'm sure i'm leaving something out).... and now we're wondering if he is also sensitive to rice/grains because he's been eating a lot of rice flour based crackers and there is rice flour in one of his supplement shake things, so we're trying to get him off that to see if it helps.

YES, it's BIG fun trying to cook for him (did i mention he's also the worlds pickiest eater?!), but on the bright side, we keep most junk out of the house which is good for all of us.

So lend me your creative suggestions, I'd love to set this sucker up soon and show off our plates full of nothing! :giggle

xoox

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  2. mishou

mishou mishou

hmm. .. how about . . .

www.platesfullofnothing.com

:giggle

just kidding ;) i don't really have any useful ideas right now but just wanted to say that I can't wait to see this blog! I don't have Crohn's but I can't eat any of those things either - plus fish, nuts and nitrites too. it's definitely not easy! and i appreciate anyone willing to blog about it because i need all the help i can get lol!

i'm not very good at coming up with names but i'll keep it on the backburner and see if I can think of something . ..

3. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Hmmm... that is a tough one. I love plates full of nothing, but that fits my sense of the world. Along those same lines would be Whipping Up Air since out of thin air is taken. Or meal magician since I can't imagine cooking with those limitations. Maybe Cooking Beyond Limits. Hmmm... something to think about. Maybe next time I'm awake in the middle of the night, I'll come up with something good. That is when I seem to do my best thinking lately. :D

4. Patti

Patti CT4Val, Heather, Sabrina

The Food Curve
    Delicious Digestion
    Pitiful Pallette - okay, maybe not
    Cutting Corners
    The Picky Piper
    Perfectly Proportioned
    The Forbidden Fruit

Off to think some more

5. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I kinda like The Food Curve like Patti said! Or The Picky Palette.

6. estir_bune

estir_bune No, it's snot

as you know Lauren, my kidlet has a diet a lot like your Josh... she is a diabetic that is allergic to all corn, soy, pecans, and rye products.... but she can eat cane sugar - that would be AWESOME if she wasn't diabetic (lol) but I am seriously gonna want to be linked up to check out your recipes!

7. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

We are gluten free, try to be soy free and my oldest is very dairy sensitive, so you know I hear you!

What about ...
    TheEatingFreeFamily

maybe that sounds too much like a frugal blog? LOL mmm IDK...that's all of I've got though

8. crazygirl

crazygirl Opening a post office

Oh man. That crohns disease is bad chiz. My really good friends husband has it. He just completed a new trial testing thing in Chicago last spring where he did chemo for a month. And just last month had part of his intestine taken out. It's scary stuff! I don't have any good names for your food blog. But good luck to your little guy. He must be one strong dude.

9. purpleplasticpurse

purpleplasticpurse purpleplasticpurse

Thank you for the suggestions chickies! It IS hard isn't it?! The only thing i had come up with before was Pot Full of Nothing, but I don't LOVE it.

And yes, Jacque, Crohn's IS bad chiz! The meds are all "black box" cancer causing drugs, giving them to your kid makes you feel like less than a steller mom, I can assure you. That's why we're trying the Naturopath... he was already up to taking Humira injections every other week... which is like the top tier of drugs they use... it was like... what's left for them to treat him with when they stop working?

Anywho... :P

10. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

On a side note, my sister was more than excited to tell me that her boyfriend would soon be able to legally smoke marijuana in order to treat his. :imok She even worded it as "well he can't eat nuts, but he can smoke weed!!!". Oh, well then, that's totally worth the trade.

Oh how I love the holidays. And my family. :groan

11. Patti

Patti CT4Val, Heather, Sabrina

Angie.... Lol!!!

12. Amy Wolff

Amy Wolff Amy Wolff

Oh boy...I hear you. I thought mine was bad with one who's allergic to peanuts and all dairy, and another who is a vegetarian. We can eat vegan but my husband is totally a meat and potatoes type of guy. Some nights I'm cooking multiple things and feel like a line chef. Plate/pot full of nothing is a pretty accurate description.

13. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

lauren, the first thing that came to mind to me was "scrubbed down diet"
    or maybe something super simple that would get lots of hits in searches, like "i can't eat that" or something...

i realize these aren't super catchy names.... just brainstorm ideas.

i do like 'plate full of nothing' that was suggested earlier. i think that's really cute.