My Skeleton Tin

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by Valoriew, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Valoriew

Valoriew Valoriew

Inspired by the season and always trying to come up with a little go-to project for my youngest daughter who's 4, I came up with My Skeleton Tin!

It's a magnetic puzzle, really, where you need to "build" your skeleton! I like to think of them as bare-naked paper (magnetic) dolls!

[​IMG]

and the inside....
    [​IMG]

here's a photo of the supplies i used:

[​IMG]

As for the Digital products, i used Jacque Larsen's My Skeleton and Pixel Works, Eerie-sistable Papers and Elements

I actually ended up using a blank altoid tin instead of the one pictured because i found it after i took the photo! haha!

I placed my digi products on a 8 1/2 x 11 document, created the tin cover, and printed. i then cut everything out and adhered the bones to my sticky-back business card magnets and then cut those out. I then adhered the cover with sticky tape and made an inside bottom/top piece just out of regular cardstock. Adhered both of those and placed a full skeleton on the inside top as a reference to constructing the skeleton. I then place all the magnetic bones in the container, sticky taped ribbon around the outside perimeter and glued a button to the top just for fun....

Pretty easy, and i just used what i had. I thought it would be so cute in a little mint tin, but you could make it large and just put it on the fridge!

If you give it a try, i'd LOVE to see it! POST HERE!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  2. estir_bune

estir_bune Guest

oh man Val... you seriously ROCK! this is sooo cool!

3. eryn

eryn gross no longer

oh that is awesome!! Where do you get the magnets Val??

4. la

la A closet sap

dude. that is awesome. I want to make one :-D

5. shades of bliss

shades of bliss bolʹshie koshki

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  6. tania

tania Clap Hands, Save Fairies

oh for goodness sake, that is awesome!!!

7. Valoriew

Valoriew Valoriew

ya, the magnet sheets are kinda everywhere...craft supplies store, walmart, office supplies. I like the HEAVY/THICKER ones. Some are just too cheapy and don't work really well. This last set of business card ones i got at an office supply (office depot maybe?) were awesome. and again, i prefer the sticky back ones.

If you have to buy them, go for the ones you can just print on...i found them at Michaels- saves a step! i just used what i had today....

8. sahlink

sahlink sahlink

SO SO cool!!! You are so amazing!! LOVE these cool crafts!! Did your DD think it was neat??

9. coco

coco coco

OMG you really rock val!!! this is so cool :beat

10. rae_j

rae_j New Member

Great idea - so cool! I bet she loves it :-)

11. Ana.Paula

Ana.Paula Ana.Paula

ohhhhhhhhh, it´s sooooooooo cool!!!

12. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

*swwoooonnn* you are my hybrid hero! LOVE this! how fun would it be with mixing & matching jack-o-lantern faces or something... these are GREAT ideas!