My scrappy quirk(s)

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by mrsski07, Aug 12, 2012.

1. mrsski07

mrsski07 Hot for Harlequin

I find it very hard to use cream/slightly off-white paper as a background. It needs to be pure white or close to it - texture or mist/paint on it is ok though.

I'm super picky about what my kraft paper looks like (and I use kraft background on 95% of my pages).

I find it incredibly hard to use neon. Or to use pink and red on the same layout.

How about you - any scrappy quirks?

2. Nikki Epperson

Nikki Epperson I'm really a spy.

Mine are really ones that have been mentioned before. I love to cluster and pile on ellies, but I won't put text on top of ellies. It has to be on the pics/paper/journaling piece. I also can't stand drop shadows on text. lol!

3. mommatrish

mommatrish mommatrish

Completely plain backgrounds make me twitchy.
    I don't think my pages look done without some sort of brushwork added.

4. misserin

misserin New Member

I like to frame my photos. It bothers me if they're not framed. So yeah.....lots of frames in a kit make me happy! Wink wink ladies! LOL!

5. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Hmmm... I have a hard time writing my journaling on the journaling cards/tags/etc. in a kit. It's almost always on the background paper. I guess because there's usually a lot of it!

Alphas are my favorite part of a kit, but I almost never use them since I suck at titlework. :giggle My 'title' usually ends up being a piece of wordart.

6. mom2da3ks

mom2da3ks Likes scratch and sniff books

My biggest quirk is shadowed text or text on an ellie. Not realistic. Not that I am "knocking" anyone's layouts. I just don't do it. I don't work well with pastels.

7. sarahme85

sarahme85 Member

My layouts have to be SOOOOO realistic. Like no floating text, has to be on paper, edge of a paper frame, or on a card/strip. Paint and stamps have to be realistic too, I will stamp on a picture or paper and where the picture/paper end i will select the inverse and DELETE.... or i'll make 4 layers for the same stamp so that the cuts in them from the different layers they are supposed to be on are visible. I have to make sure my stitching not only has a realistic drop shadow but on 100% zoom it has a slight indentation!