My ideal indoors

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Nemla, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

So I am guessing a lot of us are staying home or close to home for a little while. It got me thinking; What do I like to have around me, and what would my ideal room for a week at home look like.
    I will start;
    I sit in a very comfy chair, with a cup of coffee next to me. The computer is on, and I am browsing the gallery, and deciding what challenge to do next.
    The dog is in her basket making funny dream noises, and I can smell something delicious slow cooking from the kitchen. There is a lot of firewood all ready to go in the stove, and my armchair is waiting for me, with a cosy blanket thrown over it, for when I get tired of scrapping. I have beautiful art on the walls, and a fabulous sculpture to keep my attention focused..
    The walls are painted in serene soft colours, and the fresh flowers throw their scent at me every time I pass them.
    Of course everything is spotlessly clean without any effort having been done .
    Ahhhh, well at least the coffee and the computer is real,( oh and the dog) what about you ? what does your ideal indoor room look like ?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    Dalis likes this.
  2. LynnG

LynnG Designer

Mine is pretty good right now ... apart from my sad inability to keep my balcony plants alive! It's sunrise and the sky is turning pink through all the windows that surround our apartment and DH is listening to Ella Fitzgerald. It's a tiny room but (usually) tidy and I have board games in the sideboard and, crucially, lots of fast internet!! :agree

A cat sleeping on my knee would be nice - but DaughterTwo is allergic so that's definitely just a daydream. We are heading towards winter so I would love an open fire and an endless supply of firewood. Not happening in an apartment! :dancebunMaybe the view outside could be of a clean mountain range or a deserted beach but then I think about the challenges of getting groceries!

Nemla likes this.
  3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

OMG... this is so funny, I was about to move with you when I realize at the end we are projecting our dream/ideal place. LOL!!!

Nemla likes this.
  4. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I wish I could smell the sea through a nice soft breeze coming inside through the open shutters! That's it! LOL!!!!

Nemla likes this.
  5. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

My ideal:think: warmth of the sun and its light, a few (not too many!) birdsongs:bird, trees gently swaying in occasional breezes, lovely green grass and bee-less flower beds:photo..a comfortable chair with footrest, sketch pads, Cadbury chocolates, Mello Yello and pretzels, my playlist and watercolors- OUTSIDE!!!!:swingin LOL! :nope I am NOT an indoor person. I don't plan to stay indoors either, unless forced to!!! :pffft

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    Nemla likes this.
  6. Nemla

LOL re groceries :giggle
    We will have to send you a tent....

7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I have made my surroundings match what I want, so other than moving my home to another location (which isn't happening), I have my ideal spot here.

For the first time, I finally broke down and had a cleaning service/lady come in last week. Hubby does the floors throughout the house and then the tubs in the bathrooms as I haven't been able to do those for a long time with my back. He has been working so much and I hate to ask him to do it when he's been gone all day, but it was driving me nutso. I talked with him about it, and so boom, there was this woman in my house, and now my house is super clean from ceiling fans to blinds to baseboards and the floor has been steamed/sanitized and she even did all the dusting. I caught up on all laundry so blessings abound . . . I have nothing waiting for me to do!

Right now, I'm at my computer and I have super fast internet that makes buying digi supplies and sharing my creations super easy. I have photos of me with my kids on my desk, along with a kitty cat figurine. My Happy Planner is in reach, along with my "war wagon" (that's what hubby calls it) with all my Happy Planner supplies. All my art supplies are stored in a dresser within reach as well. A chaise lounge with pillows is to my left and I can stop and read if I want, but usually I choose my recliner for reading. I have a hot beverage bar set up for coffees and cocoas. Hubby has our back porch cleaned up and ready for us to go outdoors and enjoy the weather. We have loads of options for TV watching, and all my books are near-to-hand as well.

I'm so glad you posted this, because I realize how absolutely blessed I am!

Now, if you had asked about the outside, I would tell you that I'm completely happy with OUR garden, but not the state of the houses/gardens around us. LOL

3BluEyedBabies and Nemla like this.
  8. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

HA! We've got one- We love camping. Imagine that!

Nemla likes this.
  9. Nemla

I need one of those !

gonewiththewind likes this.
  10. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I'm not quite where Cheryl @gonewiththewind is with the state of my computer room, but all my wants and needs are here including a nice diffuser. There is also a single bed where I can read if I want. This week or next may be the time I finally clean off the high table that was once for paper crafts. That didn't last long because I hated the mess of those things. Now it will be the table I can stand at and sort my many digital prints that are not in albums. Many of those will be for the grands when they are old enough to appreciate them. Probably when I'm gone.

I also need and will have new blackout shades as the windows in this room shifted with the east coast earthquake. AND god willing I can get someone to finally seal the corner chimney - a remnant of the 1910 coal stove in the kitchen. I love the brick look but not the shedding of dust/grit etc.

All in all I have my ideal home...it's taken years but I'm content here.

gonewiththewind and Nemla like this.
  11. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

For me...

Windows open.
    Sun shining in.
    Warm breezes flowing.
    The sound of my children playing outside.
    The sound of my 15-year old playing the piano and singing.
    My 5-year-old snuggling with me on the couch while we take a nap.

Many of these things have been happening lately and I am blessed.

3BluEyedBabies and Karen like this.
  12. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

Most people want light and brightness, but I've been loving the dark and gloomy lately. I have new curtains in my office so when I edit I can see without the changing light. We have room darkening curtains in the master bedroom and I love that the light doesn't wake me too early. I am wishing for more winter. I'm just not ready for the heat to come.

Most days you find me in the office with a dr. pepper, my computer, my dogs in the window or at my feet and binge watching while I (pretend) work. Otherwise I am in the recliner in the living room with my laptop.

13. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh ideally, I want all my kids around, the grands and a table of food to eat together...laughter from them and me just watching and smiling holding my husbands hand. Pure awesome to me.

Karen likes this.
  14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm pretty much living my ideal indoors right now. My family all at home with me. good internet. ALL my crafty supplies and projects ready to play with. Food in the frig. Small stash of Diet Coke and wine. All the laundry is done. And a kindle stocked full of books. Netflix to watch with the family in the evening.

15. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

Last night after dinner, my boys went into the living room to play Minecraft together and my husband and I were sitting in the kids' playroom/rec room/office where he was playing on his phone and I was scrapping on my computer. The boys started to play music on my son's laptop and they were both singing along to some REALLY GOOD music like "Country Roads" by John Denver, "Piano Man" by Billy Joel, "American Pie" by Don Mclean, and my boys sounded so good and my husband & I just looked at each other and laughed. As much as they fight, they can get along so well together and my oldest son (12) is such a good role model for my youngest son (9). My husband started to play some old songs that were popular when we were younger trying to see if the kids knew them and they did know a lot of them! It was just something simple like listening to music together that really makes me realize how blessed we are to have the little family we have. So, my ideal area to be home during this tough time is just simply with my little family of 5, laughing and just having a good time together!