My Fitness Pal

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by Lisa Carroll, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Lisa Carroll

Lisa Carroll Lisa Carroll

Does anyone else use this app/website? Here is the link... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ I have been playing around with it and so far it looks pretty good. If you have been using it, I would love to hear your thoughts.

I am doing great with my workouts, but the weight is not coming off. Guessing I am eating more than I think I am. :hissy So I set a goal to track all my food for the month of January, and will try to "diet".

Anyone interested in joining in? My username is lcarroll03.

2. nfenchak

nfenchak Where is my personal shopper?

I love My fitness pal. I'm nfenchak. I used it to help lose 30 lbs and its amazing how you can eat helathy and workout but portion control means so much....I do think the normal settings are set too low for most people, so make sure you are still eating enough to burn. I love the message baords also, lots of really good information.

3. LeslieM

LeslieM Member

I use it. Don't visit the message boards but the mobile app on the Android is GREAT!

4. AmberR

AmberR Take that naysayers! Pink is my color.

I have used it. when i DO use it, I do much better at not eating as much junk. I have a lot of stuff to get back to in the new year...my fitness pal being one of them!

5. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

I've done it... and did great for about a month and then quit... but I really hope to try again as soon as we're all healthy again

6. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

Hmm I haven't looked in to this. I use slimkicker though, and that might be kind of the same thing?

7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

My MIL has been using this and has lost a ton of weight! She loves it!

8. sparagus

sparagus "I accidentally slept with a call girl"

Love, love the app! I don't use the message boards, either, just the app for calorie counting/burn and weight loss. Started using it in May, and it has helped me lose 58 pounds! I agree--it really is all about portion control and cutting out those empty calories!

9. Lisa Carroll

Congrats to all of you who have lost weight using this app! I hope I have as much success as you!! I played around with it a lot last night and it is really cool. Love that when you finish logging a day it tells you how that kind of day, every day, would work out for you in 5 weeks. Nice way to put things into perspective.

10. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

I definitely need to check this out. I really need to start tracking my food and beverage intake or I will never lose the weight.

11. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I have to tell it I only want to lose 1lb a week or it puts me on 1200 calories a day. I think I'd die. LOL

12. Lisa Carroll

That's what I have it at too, and I am still at 1260 a day. Glad I get extra calories for working out!

13. LeslieM

LeslieM Member

I know---Truth hurts on how few calories we really need to eat. MFP tells me my maintenance calories for my goal weight is about 1,750 a day. For the rest of my life---ack! Fortunately I like to exercise (walk, lift weights) but sheesh. I'd love to lose about 20 pounds to get to the mid-point of my weight watchers goal weight.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  14. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

I am listgirl on MFP. Just started doing it recently, tracking food and workouts.

15. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

It tells me 1200 calories per day too. Good thing I work out!

16. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

I am tracking again as well - I fell of the wagon quite a while back, but I love the accountability of it if you keep at it!

17. lynning

lynning Makes wishes come true

I sent you a friend request. :)
    I'm lynning if anyone else here wants to add me.

18. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

I'm on there too! I really love it b/c of the barcode scanner. That makes it super simple when adding your food. :)

19. KirstenW

KirstenW New Member

I love My Fitness Pal - it has made it easy to record what I'm eating, and if I'm committed to record it, I'm less likely to eat junk and snack mindlessly. It's helping me get my portions under control, too.

I'm kiki_williamson.