My first hybrid layout…..and I am hooked!!

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by gracielou, Jan 12, 2015.

1. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I was a paper scrapper for many years before going digital. When I found digital I said I would never go back. I had Christmas money to spend this year and I purchased a Canon printer and the silhouette portrait. I had in mind of only using them for my PL this year but then I came across THIS awesome article and decided to give it a try. It took me a couple tries with my silhouette but once I read the directions about the registration marks and lining everything up:whistle it worked like a charm and was so fun to put together. I am officially hooked now and can definitely see creating more pages like this.

[​IMG]

Now to learn to photograph these better.

2. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

welcome back to the paste side! that is a gorgeous page! my biggest struggle now is finding great photo light - there is about an hour a day that it is perfect through the windows

3. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

That looks amazing Amanda! I can't even tell which parts are digital and which are "real". I've been tempted to take a try at hybrid, I love the idea of hidden journaling (in pull tabs and pockets, etc) that we have no way of doing in pure digital.

4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

now I want to lift this!!!! beautiful

5. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

You may be interested in this sketch pen trick. I use sketch pens to make pasting guides when I make print-and-cut greeting cards. I still haven't tried a full-on hybrid layout. I might love my bound books too much. But dang, you made a gorgeous page! Is that calling me over to the paste side? Is it?

6. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

It is addicting. I was a paper scrapper before switching to digi, and have since found my way back to paper in the style of hybrid. This is stunning Amanda! :heartslub

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  7. crecia27

crecia27 Must.travel.

This is an awesome page, love it!

8. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

I love this Amanda! It really is so much fun! And I love the stitching..that's something I'm definitely wanting to start adding to my hybrid projects. You did an amazing job!

9. gracielou

Thank you all so much for the sweet words and tips. Made my day. I love my silhouette. I had no idea I would like it as much as I do. I had a circuit when they first came out and I really never missed it after I sold all my paper stuff. I am just in awe of how amazing the silhouette cuts. Even the tiny details on the flower bunch it cut out (I did this as an 8x8 so it was small).

I am gonna say that it was a little nerve wracking putting it altogether. I am so used to being able to line everything up perfectly in Photoshop and it's never going to be that perfect when working with paper. I will have to study about the sketch pen tutorial. Thanks for the link.

10. Tronesia

Tronesia Tronesia

This is a gorgeous page! I want to try out hybrid...just too scared.

11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

What an awesome page Amanda! I'm like you, I paper scrapped first and then switched to digi and swore I'd never go back. Then I bought a Portrait in the spring and have had SO much fun playing with it. I've mostly been making cards and mini books and PL type stuff, but you're tempting me to do full pages again too! :)

12. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

very cool page.. hmmm - I see some cool supplies once in awhile and pick them up thinking I might do something hybrid or even totally "in the real world" but I don't seem to get inspired when it comes time to sit down and do it. After seing your page I'm starting to think my mojo might be there afterall.

13. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Gorgeous page! Good for you on jumping out of the comfort zone and trying something new too! I use my Cameo quite a bit but I've never tried a 12 x 12 page with it! I might have to give it a whirl now!!

14. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

Beautiful page, Amanda! I can't say as I haven't been tempted by hybrid, I still have all my paper treasures and tools, but since moving in with my daughter the area I have those supplies in isn't very well lit, which is the biggest thing holding me back!

15. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

Gorgeous page Amanda!!

I too started out as a paper scrapper, sold everything but I see these Silhouette's and think 'how cool' but I go through phases and this machine is a bit on the expensive side for me to go through a phase, lol.

16. mrspotts

mrspotts Could I get a planner for my planner?

So beautiful Amanda!

17. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

this is me (except i still have most of my paper stuff) ... i was even entering those "win a silhouette" things on designer's blogs but not luck. have friends who have won though. i just don't think i would use it enough to warrant the cost. and it would be more of a phase. i love the ease of digi too much.

amanda ... gorgeous, gorgeous page! good for you and can't wait to see what else you create ...

18. gracielou

Thanks again everyone.
    I totally understand about the phases. I can't tell you how many times I have thought I wanted to try paper scrapping again only to throw stuff away after seeing it sit for so long. I even signed up for SC kits etc… thinking that would help me but I just ended up giving all of it away. I t really just started with me wanting to do something different with my PL this year and I decided on going hybrid. I don't know if i would have been able to swing it if it wasn't for the Christmas money I got and the amazing sales I found on my printer and silhouette. I am absolutely in love with the silhouette though and I am seeing that I am going to be using it way beyond just the PL I intended it for. I have 3 kids in school and the girls are going to be making their own Valentines this year and I see lots more projects this thing will come in handy for. I think I will definitely be getting my money's worth out of it.

19. Ana.Paula

Ana.Paula Ana.Paula

wowwwwwwwwwwwww!!!
    SO FREAKIN COOL!!!!!!!!!!! love it!!! you go girl!!

[​IMG]

20. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured