Musicals | Pad Patter 1/17

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I love musicals! We actually just watched Fiddler on the Roof this weekend with the fam. I watch it at least once a year. Some other faves: Sound of Music, Newsies, Annie, My Fair Lady, Enchanted....

Watched this a while ago with my older girls...we were soooo mad at the end. LOL! And then we were overanalyzing it and all of us decided we didn't like it. But they loved the music and they've been playing it ever since on the piano!

weaselwatchr and gonewiththewind like this.
  2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I have to admit that both Jay and I were disappointed. A second watching helped that a bit though. It's a beautiful film.

3. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

You are definitely not the only one. I have season tickets to the Broadway play series here in Phoenix and I actually sold our Hamilton tickets after seeing it on Disney+. So many words! i do like musicals but Hamilton is a good example of what I don’t like - musicals that are virtually ALL singing. I prefer ones where you have a normal play and then some music/dance to enhance the story. So we will disagree on Les Mis. My favorites that I've seen recently are Waitress & Mean Girls. Dear Evan Hansen was good but a little too sad for me.

weaselwatchr and QuiltyMom like this.
  4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

For me it has to have the right balance between singing and talking. More talking is better! But in general, I am not a big fan.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  5. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

Absolutely LOVE musicals!!! I have loved musicals from the time I was little, they have always been a part of my (mom's side of the) family. My kids actually go to a performing arts high school and are in the musical theatre dept. so we have seen many, many, many musicals. Hard to pick just one favorite because I love so many, old and new shows, from Jesus Christ Superstar to Dear Evan Hanson. Some of the more recent live broadway shows we saw were Pippin, Book of Mormon and The Lion King which were all amazing!!!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  6. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I freaking love musicals and the theater in general. My favorite all time musical has to be that of the cult classic Rocky Horror picture show... although I'm drawn in by most any. My mother and I use to go to the theater a lot to see plays and musicals and honesty I miss it dearly as my fiancee hates it

weaselwatchr likes this.
  7. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Yes ! Don't have an absolute firm favourite, But I know all the words to the songs in My fair Lady,:D Love Evita, Les Mis and Cats ( though that one I have never seen in a theatre ) but" Joseph's Technicoloured dream "coat I have seen twice . Hair, Jesus Christ Superstar, and Tommy made my youth special :fairydance

weaselwatchr likes this.
  8. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I have never seen wicked. My sister shared the soundtrack with me and I never listened to it. :huh Maybe I should do that…

9. weaselwatchr

For awhile hubby lived in Chicago and I was in Michigan because of work. I used to listen to Rent in the car during my drives there and sing all the songs. It was the recording of the performance. My husband thought I was very odd. It did make time go by.

10. weaselwatchr

My husband loves Grease 2 and I am not a fan. He knows all the dialogue, it is rather frightening. I got through it once.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  11. weaselwatchr

I have never seen it. Hubby said he would watch with me (I thought he was joking). I should have jumped all over that because he has lost interest.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  12. gonewiththewind

Bwahahahaha! My hubby has watched it with me a few times - bits and pieces. He loves to sing "Let's Do It For Our Country."

13. weaselwatchr

Omg, he does too!! And I’m like that is NOT appropriate. Lol

14. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

I love some of the songs from Wicked but I didn't really enjoy watching the musical. Half way through I got bored, definitely not one I would go to watch again

weaselwatchr likes this.
  15. gonewiththewind

My fave is a toss up between Girl For All Seasons and Cool Rider. :)

16. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I think I’m in the minority here. I detest musicals. The exception is Grease. One of my all-time favorite movies!!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  17. weaselwatchr

I have debated showing hubby this:giggle

18. weaselwatchr

Hubby is the same way. He willask why is there so much singing. He hates when sitcoms do musical episodes. He will fast foward skipping the songs

19. gonewiththewind

DO IT!

20. weaselwatchr

But he will SING!!!!