music...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by MiekSter, Aug 3, 2018.

1. MiekSter

MiekSter We only regret the chances we didn't take

Sunday we're leaving for our summer holiday to Italy, I just filled the kids MP3's with the music they like, I've made 2 folders for our car radio with songs I like; I've made 1 with mostly English language and 1 with only Dutch (my boyfriend really hates Dutch music).
    I love those moments when a song pops up and everyone of us is singing along, sometimes I think everyone who sees us driving by thinks we are completely nuts 'cause everyone in our car is singing and swinging on the music...
    Also the kids are laughing really hard when an 'old' song (just a song from my teenage years) pops up and I sing out loud, every year the same songs are just hilarious.
    There's also 1 song every year that's our summer holiday hit, I'm curious what it will be this year.

I'm curious, do you have special summer songs?

bellbird likes this.
  2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I have a very musical family. When we're all in the car, invariably there will be singing. That's how we manage traffic jams!

MiekSter likes this.
  3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Our family all love the musical Hamilton and we almost always listen to it on long car rides because it's 2.5 hours long. If you do listen to it, be sure to do the clean version, because there are several swear words that you might not let your kids listen to, but I really love the catchy music!

dbregant, MiekSter and bestcee like this.
  4. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

we all like different music in my house - (husband and i overlap in some areas and then daughter and i overlap in other areas) so there really is never one big summer hit as a family. i drive everyone nuts in the car though -I have to sing every song (even if super low) and i sing even if i don't like the song that much! and i cannot carry a tune at all - so you can imagine. the kids usually have their own head phones in and tune Mark and I out!

MiekSter and bestcee like this.
  5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Our summer soundtrack always ends up varied. Usually something that I loved in high school, combined with a few songs my son has learned from the radio, and a few from DH that could be from anywhere. This summer, my kid's choice is "Stressed Out" by 21 pilots and "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran. He claims that will be his and his gf's song when they get married....He's 8! Help me!!!

MiekSter likes this.
  6. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

My son is 4 so he's really too little to know songs yet, and my almost 9-year-old reads in the car and tunes everything else, including music, out so we don't have any "us" songs in the car.

I listen to mostly Top 40 and country.

MiekSter likes this.
  7. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

We have a road trip playlist full of sing-along songs. My kids have very different tastes in music, but they both enjoy this playlist... a whole lot of 80s and 90s music (so I love it too!).

That's us too... especially when I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers comes on... lol!

bellbird likes this.
  8. MiekSter

Sem (11) is a huge fan of Ed Sheeran to, especially songs like perfect, happier and thinking out loud...

bestcee likes this.
  9. MiekSter

We have a lot of 80’s and 90’s songs on our playlist to!

10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

We love music, I like several different genres that I listen to when I'm alone, like smooth jazz, which the kids don't like. When we're all in the car together, we normally listen to top 40. That satisfies all of us.

11. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i remember our 'song of the trip' driving around in the UK/France in 2013 was Bastille's Pompeii - it still takes me back! We do the playlist thing too (old music like Queen Bohemian Rhapsody is always interesting, the kids do all the highs and lows ) but usually they groan and moan during the throwback songs and we try to find local radio stations where ever we're at (sometimes the ad's add to the travel experience) - Have fun in Italy! #totallyjealous