Mouse arm gahhhh!!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by liahra, Mar 29, 2012.

1. liahra

liahra Active Member

And I want to scrap so bad!

:furious

For realz.

Do you guys get it often (pain in your wrist because of too much nerding) and/or do you have any tricks preventing it?

:helpy

2. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

UGH!!! I hear ya... though mine isn't a wrist problem from the mouse... I have not tricks though... but my left hand pinky finger always hurts from using the shift and ctrl keys too much... darn keyboard shortcuts LOLOL... I might have to actually use the mouse more often.

3. Karah

Karah Karah

Here's my trick: No mouse! LOL. I use a wacom tablet for everything (literally, I absolutely hate using a mouse now) and have for about 5 years now. I'm on the computer allllll the time and have virtually no pain at all. Maybe it's from holding the pen in a more natural position? I don't know.

4. Karah

Karah Karah

Heather - I do have that - in my right thumb, because I always use the right ctrl button. And it only hurts when I do that after I've been working all day, not really any other time.

5. liahra

liahra Active Member

Lol, there's always something isn't it? :p
    it's so bad at the moment even typing at the iPad hurts :(

I actually have a bamboo tablet laying around, might have try it out.
    I'm hesitating though as it's taking so long getting used to, plus I'm doing my scrapping on a desktop.

6. Karah

Karah Karah

I only have a desktop, Christine. And keep trying the bamboo - it does take some time but once you get the hang of it you'll never go back!! lol

7. kimbytx

kimbytx New Member

Have you tried a wrist brace to immobilize it? Like these? http://www.futuro-usa.com/wps/porta...bal/Products/Product-Catalog/?N=5148267&rt=r3

ice it 20 minutes a few times a day...motrin/aleve or other antiinflammatory meds. I am an Occupational therapist and that is what we would recommend.

I had that issue too and also got a mousepad with a gel wrist support and I have not had issues since
    something like this
    http://www.amazon.com/Innovera-Mous...D3BA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333057292&sr=8-1

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  8. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Ditto to the tablet! I had mine for ages before I used it, and even after I was having a lot of pain like you, it took my mouse actually dying before I gave the tablet a shot. Now I absolutely love the tablet and hate when I have to do anything at all on a computer without one!

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

The only time my wrist hurts is when I take a long break from the computer and then go back to it. I'm on the computer all day for work, then I'm on it all night to play, but last year when we took a week and a half vacation in the summer and then I went back to work and got back to scrapping, but wrist was sore! LOL! I guess my "muscles" got weak from not working out too much! Ha ha! I used a wrist brace for about a week and then I was golden again! Phew! I can't imagine my life without my computer!

10. heathergw

glad I'm not alone on that one... now that it's nice out, maybe it won't bother me as much since I won't be at the computer as much as I was this winter... that is, if my kids ever get healthy again LOL

11. heathergw

You all are making think of getting a tablet for birthday or christmas :p

12. neenee

neenee No Woman No Cry

I really want to get myself in the habit of using my tablet. I know if I just sit down and do it, I will have to adjust to it. I have heard that so many people love it once they get used to it.

I have actually had problems using my arms and scrapping today cuz I am sore from bicep curls yesterday. Does that count? Tee hee

13. liahra

liahra Active Member

All this talk makes me have to try it out now! :)

Thanks for the links kim! I'm definitely going to buy one of those wrist immobilizers :)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  14. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

ouch i have had that but im stubborn and try and carry on regardless