Monthly Muse October '19 Week 2

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by MrsPeel, Oct 13, 2019.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Helloo Hellooooooo!!!!
    Hope everyone is well and ready for another week!!!!

We continue with Learning to Love Ourselves, so, no matter what style, even if you don't do Art Journal. this is meant to inspire you to scrap and to look at ourselves and learn to love every bit!
    This week I would like you to scrap a page about a part of yourself you dislike, or don't feel comfortable with, but have learned to love or adapt.....
    I am not gonna request journaling , but, please, if you could give us even a little bit of an explanation, if not on the page, at least in the page description in the gallery (you can write it here if you want, but it would be great if you post in the gallery with your page for people who maybe don't come to the forum?), so we can all learn from each other.... I have a very long journaling posted in the gallery, no need to go that length, but we all love to learn about you and how your art translates in your pages, even if you don't do art journal, this is a good exercise on memory keeping,. so, do come join us, whatever style you would like to make a page!!!!!!

here is mine
    [​IMG]

Bring yours on!!!!

Ga_L, mcurtt, AJK and 2 others like this.
  2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

@MrsPeel Cynthia, thankyou for this as I had fun creating my page.

[​IMG]

MrsPeel, wvsandy and AJK like this.
  3. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

Ugh - double chin.
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel, wvsandy and A-M like this.
  4. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

I don't like my upper arms. And no, I haven't learned to love them. I never will. They keep me from wearing many tops that I would like to wear. They are hereditary- so even with exercise, I would have them. Fly away, wings, fly away! lol. (Photo of woman is from public domain.)
    [​IMG]

wvsandy and MrsPeel like this.
  5. MrsPeel

@AJK Amanda ... not sure if you edited ...I got a notification (rarely happens in my email ...it had to be something LOL) of you asking, what about if we haven't learned to love it..... well, then, you (and everyone else) tell us about it, and we may learn from each other!!!!
    I have many scrappers to thank for me not being terribly critical of myself..., in many ways, not just in the physical aspect....so lets this be a conversation in which we can help each other... I have many other things I dislike of my body with a passion...things that aren't as easy to hide as my scars are..... LOL so I am counting on "hearing" everyone's story see if I can start by getting over my huge dislike of all those parts LOL

In August, my idea was different to what we ended up doing, but as I wasn't well enough to be on the computer, I couldn't be present for us to discover through the page making... I am glad to say that, despite every week something going wrong with my body...I am now in better shape than last month so I am planning to stick here ...you wont get rid of me to easy
    :rofl

it's 3 am right now, so I haven't looked at the pages or read, will do tomorrow first thing!!!!
    Love you!!!

6. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

7. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

8. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

9. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

what a great, thought provoking muse Cynthia. Thank you.
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I had a little fun with this one I go into a little more detail in the gallery.

[​IMG]

MrsPeel and AJK like this.
  11. MrsPeel

Ladies, I haven't been well, yesterday and this morning... but will catch up with your pages asap, I'm LOVING YOU!!!!!!

mcurtt likes this.
  12. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    MrsPeel likes this.
  13. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

14. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

Oh man, this was hard. But it's done.
    [​IMG]

blueberries and MrsPeel like this.
  15. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I'm loving all these posts about what we don't love (aka hate/dislike). I must admit that I do hate the pain that makes it difficult for me to do all the things I would like to do.
    [​IMG]

blueberries and MrsPeel like this.
  16. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

Chronic back pain has plagued me since 2007. I have spent lots of money on therapies, pills, injections and there is no cure. I have to live with it. I hate it.
    [​IMG]

blueberries likes this.
  17. MrsPeel

Been to most of your pages and, oh my girls, I LOVE you so much!!!!
    I need to charge my mouse so be back as soon as that is done, also I know the week 3 is due so will try do asap too!!!!!

18. MrsPeel

I have been to your galleries and I am so full of emotions, including feeling the blessing of you guys sharing your power of transforming not so good/ugly/uncomfortable things into such beautiful pages...... I need to take the whole thread into the Froggy Faves!!!!!
    so, some of you have gone straight into what I had thought/planned for this week, which was scrapping about something we disliked about us other than physical......so now I am going to think it a bit to see how we can continue in this line of thought.... but will be back asap with Week 3,
    As I mentioned in comments in some of your pages, I was coming determined to ask someone to cover me the rest of the month, last week was a very VERY difficult one and , long story short, I didn't think IU could have the energy or presence of mind ..... but with each [age I saw, each journaling I read, even in the most simplest of pages, my energy was being fueled and I feel like if something I propose as a prompt can make you guys make these awesome pages, then I kinda am not so useless after all, and I feel like I want ro carry on in this path....
    Thank you so so much for sharing with us, with me,these awesome pages, your feelings and talent with your pages and some of you being so amazing in making the conversation flow, confirming that the sisterhood of The Pad is the most amazing place to be.
    @A-M @Pups_r_Paps @AJK @SharLamb @KAPOH @mcurtt @Angela Toucan @Cherylndesigns @pagefrocks @Electra @Janisn @sharonb
    (I think I got you all)

19. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Cynthia, @MrsPeel I'm SO happy that our "dislike pages" made you feel better!! I've got to tell you that I feel better today after reading your comments about all of our pages and how it has given you the strength to finish the month. This is the most wonderful place - the happiest/scrappiest place on earth. Everybody roots for each other and we all pulled together to scrap about things we didn't like about ourselves. It was hard for me (even though I filled it with some humor) and I'm sure it was equally hard for everybody else. Feel better, My Sister Love!!! We can ALL do two more weeks together!! You know, all you have to do is "throw something at us" and we'll run with it.

(I hope you girls don't mind me speaking for you) :bk:bk

MrsPeel likes this.
  20. MrsPeel

my sister, you know you won my heart the very first month you showed up here....and I do know how hard it is to confront our "dislikes" fears, that is what made me love you all a lot more and gave me so much that I think I may even have avoided the full on cold that I had coming!!!!
    I'm going to post the new Muse tomorrow, will try to scrap it tonight, also, you have something in the snail mail coming to you soon @Cherylndesigns

also @Karen I forgot to tag you before.
    Love you commenting in the gallery as much as I love your pages (each and everyone of them since I saw the first in 2013!!!) in case you all don't know, one of the reasons that I stayed at en, and I would stay awake for till 2am, were Karen's chats and scraps..... i have seen this amazing Polly grow in her art, seen her kids grow and learned about her family life, her Church work.... many of you here have been part of my life big time, and I am always praying in thankfulnes for that... some of you who have arrived more recently I may not have much interaction but I am loving your pages and love the fact that we make The Pad be the amazing place it is.
    so, tomorrow you will have Muse Week 3.... thank YOU all for your art, your amazing heart and trust in your pages, the marvelous community interaction

:heartslub

[​IMG]

Karen likes this.