Monthly Muse October '19 Week 1

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by MrsPeel, Oct 6, 2019.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Hello ladies!!!!
    I thought I start the Muse going, I know there is a lot to play and do and scrap....but as there is a massive sale and there are SOOOOOO many things you can use for this month's Muse, I thought I give you the chance to shop at good prices, no need to rush for the pages, you know you can go at your own pace, but if you want to shop....go for it!!!!

The general theme of the month will be "Learning to Love Ourselves"
    Each week there will be a different way to go, make sure you join us!!!!
    (even if you are not an Art Journaler, you can scrap it anyway you like!!!!!)

Remember I told you about me making it through the Anti Journal creative prompts?
    well, one of the prompts was to "zoom in a part of your body".
    I don't want you to literally zoom in, but for this page, I would like you to scrap about a part of your body you love/like.
    You do NOT need to scrap a photo, but I need to be able to see or understand what you are talking about....
    I was inspired by both @paula kesselring & @Rachel Jefferies awesome products they created, and decided to scrap a photo, I m hoping to make a photo-less page that doesn't have the tittle explaining what part of the body it is too, I m gonna need a bit of rest but maybe able to tonight.

When I think of parts of my body I like, main thing is always my hair, it has been since I was very young, when I thought I was really ugly (oh I wish I knew then the way I looked....would have saved me so much stress LOL) my hair was always something that allowed me to feel better...these days, I am still super proud of it, at 61 I still have a huge mane (though hair line is receding!) it is a bit burnt by coloring, and it looks like a witches broom when I wash it and don't use product to tame it....(like in the photo!!!) but it is still one of the parts I love the most!!! I lowered the opacity in the photo but can show you how the hair really looks like....trust me, a witches broom pails in comparison :giggle
    Here is what I came up with

[​IMG]

I am including a page I made for the SOSN today, isn;t Art Journal type, but as the Muse ios for inspiration and we want everyone to scrap, this is a more traditional page and you can see the craziness of my hair better here LOL LOVE it no matter how witchy broom-ish it is LOL
    [​IMG]

I used (apart from Paula's & Rache's) products also from Tangie Baxter and Pink Reptile Designs, have a look also at Little Butterfly Wings, Lynn Grieveson, NBK, Vinnie Pierce and ...well, every designer in the store has some awesome stuff we can use the whole month!!!!!!

Challenge Rule: Create a layout or Art Journal Page that shows us a part of your body you love or like. You can use a photo or not,use alphas or word art but we need to see or understand what part you are talking about.
    You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, with or without photos. Create any size page you wish, I know some people love the ATC format. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you.

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to November 2nd, 2019 and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".
    PLEASE follow The Lilypad's Gallery rules :)
    We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!!

If you have any questions, I am hoping my health will keep me this way and I will be here to go through all the process with you every week!!!! (prayers and good thoughts are more than welcome!!!)
    Can't wait to see your pages!!!!!!

:fairydance

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  2. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

Thank you for doing this! I'm in! I'll work on it today!

MrsPeel likes this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thank you for starting the monthly muse, my sister!!! I love your thought processes and love what you've come up with as inspiration for us. :heartslub:heartslub:heartslub

paula kesselring and MrsPeel like this.
  4. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

This is really food for thought. I will try to find time to take part and I LOVE your layout :beat

MrsPeel likes this.
  5. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

Great challenge Cynthia! I look forward to more.

[​IMG]

6. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I hope to work on one later this week, but I wanted to share one I created last week with All About Me.

[​IMG]

7. MrsPeel

girls , LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome pages, Marilyn, I had seen this, it is in the froggy Faves, right?
    awesome, can't wait to see your next page!!!!!

Lori, I didn't realize they are blue!!!!!! now you are even more beautiful to me!!!!!!!!! <3 will pop in your galleries tomorrow (well, in a few hours, can't sleep right now but shouldn't be on screen at this time (3 am)

mcurtt likes this.
  8. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

9. MrsPeel

Amanda, LOOOVE seeing you inj the picture!!!!! gorgeous page, been to your gallery already :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

AJK likes this.
  10. MrsPeel

[​IMG]

Good Morning!!!!!!

11. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

Fab challenge and page @MrsPeel !! And wow the layouts that are here already are awesome!! :heartlub:beat

MrsPeel likes this.
  12. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

This is an ATC.
    [​IMG]

paula kesselring and MrsPeel like this.
  13. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

14. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

Kissed the frog!

MrsPeel likes this.
  15. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Kissing Mrs. Peel’s Froggy?

MrsPeel likes this.
  16. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

17. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

18. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

19. honeyandcheese

honeyandcheese Digging the island vibe

I love this idea for the Muse! Definitely going to join in, as I know this will be really good for me. Love you, @MrsPeel and all the hard work and love you put into the Muse! <3

AJK and MrsPeel like this.
  20. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Awesome idea for the muse! I just have to come up with what to scrap about....

MrsPeel likes this.