Monthly Muse March 2018 - Week #4

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by bcgal00, Mar 23, 2018.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

[​IMG]

Welcome to the March edition of Monthly Muse. There will be 4 weekly challenges, posted on Friday the 2nd, 9th, 16th and 23rd.

This month will be about music. Music can evoke many emotions, many feelings. Each week we are going to focus on a different emotional state and create pages based on song titles and/or lyrics as they relate to that emotional state, however the music affects us.

Muse: Music and Emotion

[​IMG]

Music can be a very powerful tool for emotional release, balance, expression, understanding, enlightenment and so much more. Music doesn't have to be lyrics to have an impact on you, the melody alone can do that but often times, it is the title or lyrics that will prod your memory, bring up feelings, etc.

I will provide some music playlist titles to inspire you or you may find your musical inspiration, based on that week's emotional state. This is up to interpretation and please create your page in any style and go in any direction the inspiration takes you.

INSPIRATION
    Week 4: Nostalgia

I think it's safe to say that we all have moments when we hear a melody, lyrics of a song, that bring back a memory, evoking a nostalgic moment from our past, bringing a smile to our face, lightening our heart.

For some it might be a time or place, such as a vacation or event, like a family roadtrip, or an everyday moment, such as a weekend routine. Your nostalgic memory might be related to a song about seasons or weather or a specific time of day such as daybreak or sunset.

You might recall a person from your past or a memory of yourself at an earlier age. A song might bring you back to a time in your past where you remember what was going on around you, in your world, and what your dreams and thoughts were back then.

Nostalgia is different for everyone, specific to your memories and your experiences. I look forward to seeing what nostalgic memory you have related to music.

[​IMG]

Remember, you may create any style of layout you wish, with or without photos. Create any size page you wish. This is for everyone! There are no restrictions, have fun and see where the inspiration takes you.

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to March 31st and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month, even more incentives for your inspiration! You can use any products in The Lilypad store, make sure you follow our gallery guidelines. Pages are due last day of the month.

If you have any questions, ask here in this thread. Have fun and I can't wait to see how "Music & Emotion" inspires you this week with "nostalgia".

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  2. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Great idea! Got just the song!
    Says week 3: Nostalgia but I know you meant 4. :bwave

bcgal00 likes this.
  3. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Song: I'll Be There by Jackson 5 - Used the colors (Blue & Yellow) of our wedding ;)

[​IMG]

4. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

"All the Way" by Frank Sinatra has been a favorite of mine as long as I can remember; here is my ATC in tribute:
    [​IMG]

5. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

This ATC salutes Патетическая, my favorite piece of classical music, by P. I. Tchaikovsky:
    [​IMG]

6. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

7. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

8. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I went with a John Lennon song, it came out in my senior year in high school/freshman year in university...

[​IMG]

9. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

OH MY!!! I haven't done one single week yet!!! Let' see-----I still have four days left!! Can I do it??????

Dalis likes this.
  10. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Yes, you can!!!!! I see you have week 1 done! Maybe I can join you! I have been leaving love but not scrapping much! Let's see if I can join you then!

mcurtt likes this.
  11. NancyP

Well, lets go, girlfriend!! I am ready to put week 2 up!!!

12. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I am scrapping week 1 right now.... thanks for keeping me in my toes!

13. NancyP

OK then, I am working on week three. That one is a toughy for me. Lots of emotions.

14. NancyP

The Twelfth of Never by Johnny Mathis brings back many nostalgic memories and feelings from my highschool days during the 50s, and a young boy whom I was crazy about and left us way too soon.

[​IMG]

15. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny