Monthly Muse Ideas for 2018!!

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by mimisgirl, Dec 19, 2017.

1. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

Altered playing cards (digitally) sounds interesting, especially since I'm obsessed with ATC's and they are the size of "regular" playing cards. I looked at a video on "altered playing cards" and they appear to be basically the same thing!!!!!
    So, I'm in!!!!!

Rikki likes this.
  2. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

Confession: I've been doing the challenge, but have not been posting here because I just take the idea and use it with kits from WHERE EVER to do an ATC. As I said earlier, I'm a bit obsessed with them. Imagine an entire ROOM covered with them. They were all "real world," not digital. That was my first introduction to them. And doing them digitally is so much fun (and so much less "mess!") I'll bet I could now cover a room myself with DIGITAL ATC's!

Rikki likes this.
  3. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Yes, they are basically the same thing.

When I say altered anything I always try to keep some of the original design otherwise it would be just creating an ATC like any other. When "altering" something digitally - like in the real world - I think you should still see what the original piece used to be in some way or other.

wvsandy likes this.
  4. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

Erin, I had no idea! I hope the holidays bring you quick healing and that we'll see more of your gorgeous work in 2018. Warmest regards, Nancy

5. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

All these ideas sound good to me!!! I really enjoyed the partner AJ challenge we did some time last year, were someone else added to your design, and then you, then them, etc. That was fun!

mimisgirl, AJK and mcurtt like this.
  6. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

Hi again everyone!

The surgery went really well, and fast, though the pain lasted longer than expected. I am still in a cast, but this week I finally have some movement in my fingers again (not my thumb though), so I am trying to check back in to all my hangouts, lol.

I am excited to see all the responses here and I will definitely take the time to go through all of your replies - I just wanted to go ahead and let you know that I am here and reading them - it will just take me a while to do so, since I am finger typing with the left hand. Thank you for your patience. And I hope you are enjoying your first week of MOC.

Oh, and I might be adding a little something fun to the AJ forum later today just for you all!

7. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

LOVE Anne's ideas. Altered Books - yes! I loved the Nursery rhyme challenges in 2016-maybe a month of themed pages like relating to Star Wars, Alice in Wonderland, or any series.
    One word, Poem inspired, Lyrics inspired...

mimisgirl and Rikki like this.