Monthly Muse December 2019 - Weeks 1 & 2

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by wombat146, Dec 8, 2019.

1. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Hi everyone!!

Sorry to be so late with this........ we kinda dropped the ball on this challenge for December.... as you can appreciate there is a LOT happening during December. :crazy:giggle

Anyways, I "quickly whipped up" a challenge :-)rofl it's only taken me 6 hrs!! :rofl) that I hope you will enjoy and have fun with.

This month the format will be a little bit different. As we are already in the second week of Dec so I have combined both Weeks 1 and 2 for this challenge. I will also post a combined Week 3 & 4 challenge on December 16. However, you still have until the end of the month to complete all four layouts as normal. :)

MUSE FOR DECEMBER: FLOWERS & FAUNA
    To keep our challenges nice and simple this month, we will work with Mother Nature! :giggle

Weeks 1 & 2: Flowers
    I think we all have our own favorite flower (or flowers), ones that make us happy or bring back special memories in some way. What is your fave flower and why is it a fave or yours? Is it because of their appearance, their scent or how they make you feel?

Here is an inspiration board of flowers, take a look and find something that will inspire you to create your own layout, or find something else that will inspire you.

INSPIRATION-BOARD-800.jpg
    Challenge for Weeks 1 & 2 - Create TWO layouts about your favorite flower (or flowers). No other rules this month, so create your pages however you want to, with photos or not, using quotes, or a combination of both. It's entirely up to you. :)

This is my first page. At the moment my fave flowers are the roses that are coming into bloom in my new garden. I am in heaven! I have only shown one of them here, on this page, but I want to make another one, showing all the varieties! I have never been able to grow roses, at my old place it was much too hot and humid and we had a lot of pesky possums and wallabies that used to come and feed on my plants at night! I don't have that problem here in Tasmania so I am really enjoying being out in the garden looking after them, photographing them and making art out of them as well! They really do make me happy! :heartlub

A4-DARK-PINK-AND-WHITE-ROSE---MY-HAPPY-PLACE.jpg
    Credits are in the gallery.

And my second page ( a double page) :)
    ROSES---SOME-MAGIC---DOUBLE-PAGE-800.jpg

You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, but you need to use at least ONE photo/image. Create any size page you wish. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you. If you want all 4 Muses on one page that's perfectly ok or you can make 4 separate pages!! It's totally up to you! :)

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to December 31, 2019 and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

Looking forward to see your page ladies!! I know they are going to be FABULOUS!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    Nemla, cinna and blueberries like this.
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

What a gorgeous layout, Ona! These two challenges will be fun. Thanks for posting them.

3. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Love your idea and your page! So inspiring ❤️

wombat146 likes this.
  4. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

@wombat146 Thank you so much for putting together the challenges!

BTW, your siggie image isn't showing.

wombat146 likes this.
  5. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Beautiful examples! Good idea to combine weeks too, with Thanksgiving being "late" making Christmas "early".

6. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

7. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

8. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Here's mine
    [​IMG]

9. wombat146

Thanks Sandy you are welcome :) and hmmmm about the siggie? I haven't touched it and it is appearing for me? Is there anyone else that can't see my siggie???? :headscratch

10. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

11. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Ona, I was one of those who secretly was hoping for no December AJ muse. Does that make me a bad art journaler? I hope not. Anyway, I decided to go with Scrapping with Liz's skinnies, four on a page. I already created the first two here. Even though I retired in August 2018, I never did scrap about the flower bouquets I received. So here it is.

And I cannot see your siggie either. Do you have it in a restricted gallery?

[​IMG]

Electra and wvsandy like this.
  12. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

13. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

I don't see it either.

14. wombat146

Thanks girls!! well that is a mystery regarding my siggy!! I can see it fine and I have had for ages and ages......... lol! maybe its telling me I need a new one!! lol! hmmmm, let me go and investigate!! :)

@mcurtt I just KNEW there would be one!!!!! hahahaaa!!! and NO it does not make you bad art journaler, just a very busy one!!! lol! I still need to do a second page but I am worn out after shopping today so it will need to wait until tomorrow, or the next day........ :giggle

I will pop back tomorrow girls to leave some love on your fabulous layouts!!! xxx

mcurtt likes this.
  15. wombat146

So what about my siggie now?? anything??? LOL! It is slightly out of date, May 2018 for goodness sakes!! and it's been in the Polly private forum.............. so does that mean that is has not been showing all this time????? :duh:giggle:P

mcurtt likes this.
  16. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

I can see ... beautiful pink flowers ...

17. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

@wombat146 Your siggie is a breath of sunshine. Love the pink and teal flowers, the butterflies. I am glad it is finally visible for all of us to see. :yup

18. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

thank you for the challenge Ona

[​IMG]

mcurtt likes this.
  19. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

20. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Ona, Love your siggie!
    Week 1
    [​IMG]