Monthly Muse December 2017 - Week #4

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by bcgal00, Dec 22, 2017.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-DZM3m74/0/29b82f47/M/i-DZM3m74-M.jpg

Welcome to December, the holiday season. This month there will be 4 weekly challenges, posted on Friday the 1st, 8th, 15th and 22nd.

DECEMBER MUSE: Christmas Nostalgia

Week 4: SOUND

Christmas evokes nostalgia in many of us, bringing to mind past memories and thoughts of past holiday seasons. This week your challenge is to create a page based on "SOUND".

What first comes to mind when reminiscing of the sounds of the holiday season, is the music, the caroling, the sound of voices singing. Then I think of the peel of a child's laughter, the giggles, the exclamation of joy. I immediately think of Christmas whenever I hear the the music from the Nutcracker ballet. The song "Little Drummer Boy" brings back memories of my mom, singing along, it was her favorite holiday song.

Upon further reflection, I think of the winter sounds of jingle bells, a crackling fire, muffled steps in the snow and popping popcorn. We each have different nostalgic memories. What are yours? What sound reminds you of the holiday season, of winter?

wk4muse_600.jpg

What nostalgic memories do you have of the winter season? Use the photo prompts to inspire you or create your project based on memories that come to mind. However you wish, have fun creating about something nostalgic.

You may create any style of layout you wish, with or without photos. This is for everyone! There are no restrictions, have fun and see where the inspiration takes you.

Create any size page you wish, including the template set from @Scrapping with Liz if would like to continue with the Skinnies. If you do decide to go for the Skinnies, you can find the templates available HERE. In addition @cfile created one cool triangle template that you could use (Christa's awesome template is HERE on PSD- let us know if you need any other format!).

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to December 31st and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month, even more incentives for your inspiration! You can use any products in The Lilypad store, make sure you follow our gallery guidelines. Pages are due last day of the month.

If you have any questions, ask here in this thread. Have fun and I can't wait to see how "Christmas Nostalgia" inspires you.

2. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

This was one of my fav months and I love how my muse page turned out.
    My sound is Christmas songs, esp. my favourite one for which Dawn even had a wordstrip. Mind you, my fav is not the original version (far from it) but the one by Michael Bublé.
    To bring all the photos a bit more together I added a paper by Lynn Grieveson as an overlay.

[​IMG]

Nemla and flowersgal like this.
  3. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

Funny thing. The first week's inspiration board had sheet music for "Rudolph..." and I used that as my inspiration for my week 1 ATC. Now, this final week, the inspiration board has a Christmas carol piano/guitar book that I also have. I looked at it for this week's ATC and used the list of songs in the book. Each song is also illustrated with colored drawings appropriate for the carol. AND, there is a brief history of each song in the back of the book. It really is a VERY NICE piece. It was originally published in 1942. The book I have, which cost a whopping 49 cents (instead of the 39 cent version pictured on my ATC), was a reprint from 1969. And what could be more appropriate for the "sounds of the season" than Christmas carols. BTW, I made "Buddy, the elf" from an elf and Santa in Dawn Inskip's "Believe 2" kit.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  4. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

5. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

The sounds of the season mean Christmas carols to me.
    [​IMG]

Rikki likes this.
  6. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

7. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Thank you for the inspiration.
    [​IMG]

Rikki likes this.
  8. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

9. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

So sorry for the poor quality, my craft program is going temperamental, and I had to work on the small image. but here is the last one. I enjoyed the challenge .Thank you.
    [​IMG]

10. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

11. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

These are all wonderful!

12. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Can you believe today is the 31st???? The month has flown by. You still have today to post if you haven't already. Its been a fun month of seeing what you've done with the monthly muse inspiration. Looking forward to the new year and lots more fun!

13. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I'm back to announce the winner for the December Monthly Muse 2017 - it is.....

Nemla

Congrats. @Nemla I will send you a message with your coupon code. Thx for playing everyone!

14. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Thank you so much. It has been fun playing along.

15. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

Thanks for all your muses @bcgal00 ! I'm a little late, but just finished them all! :D

[​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  16. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@EHStudios Elisa - so glad you enjoyed them. I love how you used this prompt for your page with the soft vintage flowers....just gorgeous!

EHStudios likes this.