Monthly Muse December 2017 - Week #1

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by bcgal00, Dec 1, 2017.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

[​IMG]
    Welcome to December, the holiday season. This month there will be 4 weekly challenges, posted on Friday the 1st, 8th, 15th and 22nd.

DECEMBER MUSE: Christmas Nostalgia

Week 1: SIGHT

Christmas evokes nostalgia in many of us, bringing to mind past memories and thoughts of past holiday seasons. This week your challenge is to create a page based on "SIGHT". I remember as a child I would bounce out of bed, race into the living room and start poking and prodding at gifts, anxious for my parents to awake so we could open our gifts. As a parent, I remember fondly our trips to find a tree, chopping it down and tying it to the roof of the car. As an adult, I remember my mom, sitting at the table on Christmas Eve, breaking up the bread for stuffing the next day.

You may create any style of layout you wish, with or without photos. This is for everyone! There are no restrictions, have fun and see where the inspiration takes you.

Create any size page you wish, including the template set from @Scrapping with Liz if would like to continue with the Skinnies. If you do decide to go for the Skinnies, you can find the templates available HERE. In addition @cfile created one cool triangle template that you could use (Christa's awesome template is HERE on PSD- let us know if you need any other format!).
    [​IMG]

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to December 31st and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month, even more incentives for your inspiration! You can use any products in The Lilypad store, make sure you follow our gallery guidelines. Pages are due last day of the month.

If you have any questions, ask here in this thread. Have fun and I can't wait to see how "Christmas Nostalgia" inspires you.

Rikki likes this.
  2. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

It IS the holiday season. Lots of different holidays. Lots of different traditions. And the Solstice, which is experienced by all of us.

Could the Muse perhaps broaden out a bit to embrace these other celebrations?

3. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

I agree with sbpoet. Not everyone celebrates Christmas.

sbpoet likes this.
  4. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@sbpoet Holiday season can be interpreted in any way you wish. It’s always up to interpretation. Have fun with it!

cinna likes this.
  5. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

On the "mood board" for this challenge was the sheet music for “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer,” the very same version I had growing up. And what could be more about “sight” than Rudolph’s story about being chosen to guide Santa’s sleigh on that foggy Christmas Eve because, with his shiny red nose, you could SEE through the fog. This is an ATC:
    [​IMG]

mixedclawzz, Dalis and Mylinn like this.
  6. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

At long last it seems I will have time to do an ArtJournal challenge . I know love isn't visual as such,but it is there when I think of the things on the page. Thanks for the challenge
    [​IMG]

mixedclawzz, Rikki and Mylinn like this.
  7. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

That old fashioned picture of Santa at the bottom of your board reminded me of the wonderful Norman Rockwell paintings.

[​IMG]

mixedclawzz and Mylinn like this.
  8. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

This part of the year, all the sights
    make me want to twirl all night,
    for it is all about the lights . . .
    pure delight!

[​IMG]

mixedclawzz and Rikki like this.
  9. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

[​IMG]
    week 1: Once upon a Christmas by Little Butterfly Wings

mixedclawzz, Mylinn and flowersgal like this.
  10. orkan

orkan Well-Known Member

11. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

12. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

13. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I love what you are all coming up with, some are retro looking others more contemporary...it's always fun to see how each person interprets the prompt.

14. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Oh I love this one. I think I might go retro too! Hopefully, I get to scrap tomorrow night today I am so tired!

15. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

One of the first sights of the season for me are those early birds whose Christmas cards start arriving on December 1. I love to go to the mailbox daily to see what new surprises await. And when I find one with an actual Christmas letter in it, I am thrilled. Yes, I am one of those people who both write and enjoy receiving Christmas letters. So this first panel celebrates the receiving of Christmas cards.
    [​IMG]

mixedclawzz likes this.
  16. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Not sure how this is going to turn out. Call it an experiment.

[​IMG]

17. caapmun

caapmun Well-Known Member

18. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

Woo Hoo!! Playing a little catch up!

[​IMG]

Mylinn likes this.