MONTHLY MUSE CHALLENGE - MARCH 2021 WEEK 4

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by Dalis, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

[​IMG]
    Hello and welcome to March's Monthly Muse challenge, entitled Proof of Living.

For this month's challenge Barbara came across this thought provoking magazine article that used the analogy of how a tree's time rings can be used to describe how we have lived through various scenarios in our own lives.

"When we look closely at the rings of a tree, often we can perceive more than just the length of it's life. Woven into the variation of color are clues about the years that were rich with rain, as well as those that were dry. Signs of bounty, perseverance, and survival. This piece of nature feels especially apt as we look back at the themes of our year: purpose, risk, rhythm, and rest. There is peace that comes with acknowledgement we are not meant to have rings that measure evenly from start to finish. But that in the varied size of each ring, in the everchanging conditions of each year, is the real proof of living." (Magnolia Journal no. 17 | rest https://shop.magnolia.com/products/magnolia-journal-winter-2020)

For this month, our weekly prompts will be:
    Week 1 | Spring/Purpose
    Week 2 | Summer/Risk
    Week 3 | Fall/Rhythm
    Week 4 | Winter/Rest <======== WE ARE HERE.

Winter's Rest (unknown)
    Trees now mostly bare of leaves
    Winter’s winds blowing strong,
    Lighter air, easier to breathe,
    Darkness longer in each day.

Feel the earth is taking a rest
    Letting dormant moments flow,
    Withered flowers conserving strength
    Time for us beings to do the same.

Letting go of all that has passed
    Saving energy for what’s to come,
    Contemplations on where we are
    And new paths we want to tread.

Gaining strength for future deeds
    When winter’s rest is long gone,
    Creative thoughts lurk in our minds
    Renewing energies needed soon.

I have been trying to put into words this challenge and I have struggled all month. I have left it in the back burner until I found the above poem. I just couldn't have express myself any better for this challenge than with this poem I found of course in the web. Let it inspire you the way it did me.

[​IMG]

Challenge Guidelines Week 4:
    Of course your layout can be about anything that signifies what Winter/Rest means to you, let the poem inspire you or just your thought of Winter/Rest (since I know we have some gals in the southern hemisphere that might not feel the Winter the way it's portrayed in the poem.) I can't wait to see your interpretation of the poem and this week's Winter/Rest inspiration.

You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, with or without a photo. Create any size page you wish. If you want all 4 Muses on one page that's perfectly ok or you can make 4 separate pages!! It's totally up to you! This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you. :)

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to March 31st, 2021 and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

2. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

3. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you Dalis for this challenge !

[​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  4. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

5. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

6. CharlotteM

CharlotteM Well-Known Member

love the theme....I love the icy cold, the clear air, the winter sun and the thick snow that muffles all sounds - and there is this special atmosphere and silence
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  7. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

lovely poem @Dalis
    Here's my art journaling card inspired by your muse
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  8. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

9. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Mine:

[​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  10. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

my winter page

[​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  11. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

My winter page. Thanks for this month's AJ challenge it was really good.
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  12. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Finally Back Here With My Week#4 Muse Winter/Rest Interpretation!...I'm Not A Lover Of Winter!...I Don't Like The Cold Anymore!...The Older I Get...I Like It Less & Less Each Year!...But Then Covid-19 Reared It's Ugly Head!...It Had A Way Of Putting The Things That You Dislike Into A Certain Perspective!...Sure! I Don't Love! Winter!...But It Certainly Has It's Own Beauty!...I Love! The Look Of Winter In Photographs!...& I Have Taken Sooo! Many!...Living In A Country...[Canada]...With A Rather Long Winter!...But You Never Seem To Get Used To It!...Just Know What To Expect!...Perhaps There Is A Certain Calm In Knowing What To Expect!...Especially This Winter!...With The Ever-Prevailing! Uncertainty Of The World We Live In & The World Around Us!...Knowing How The Weather Is More Or Less...Going To Play Out For At Least A Few Months!...Is A Certainty! That I Will Both Welcome! & Be Thankful! For!...

*For My Winter's Ode:2021 Layout-I Used:

*Things To Try This Year-Little Butterfly Wings
    *Quote Written & Supplied By Me

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    Dalis likes this.
  13. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm jumping around this month. Week 1 is yet to be done. Haha Here's my Week 4 "Winter".

[​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  14. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Thank you so much for hosting, the inspiration and the fun, here's my take. Full credits in gallery. Wishing you a very beautiful weekend!
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  15. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Thanks, Dalis!
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  16. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

17. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Congrats to the winner