Monthly Muse Challenge - Mar 2020 - WEEK ONE

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by Sokee, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Nashville-Murals-The-Gulch-2-min.jpg

This month we are going to use Murals/Street Art to inspire our Art Journaling!

For week one you can see from the mural above, they created all polka dots and stripes, so for the Art part, I want you to create a page with BOTH polka dots AND stripes on your page, it can be bold or minimal, the page is yours do what makes your heart sing!

Now into the journaling part, included one sentence that has an ellipsis in it. You can have as much journaling as you like but use at least one ellipsis in your page.

ellipsis
    [əˈlipsis]

What Is An Ellipsis?
    An ellipsis is a trio of periods (…) that serve as a placeholder for text.

How Many Periods Are There In An Ellipses?

You might wonder just how many dots should be in an ellipsis. The answer is that sometimes there are three! Sometimes there are four!

That’s a lie, actually. There is no such thing as a four-dot ellipsis. A four-dot ellipsis is actually an ellipsis with a period at the end of it. It’s important to remember that you still should punctuate properly even if you’re using an ellipsis.

When using ellipses in conjunction with other punctuation, whether they be commas, semicolons, question marks, or exclamation points, treat the ellipsis as though it was just another word in the sentence.

Here is my layout:
    [​IMG]

"You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, with or without a photo. Create any size page you wish. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you. If you want all 4 Muses on one page that's perfectly okay or you can make 4 separate pages!! It's totally up to you! :)

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to March 31, 2020 EST and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines)."

Karen, blueberries and MrsPeel like this.
  2. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Welcome back Barbara! @Sokee !

Sokee likes this.
  3. Sokee

Thank you, this will be fun!

4. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

@Sokee HELLO!...Nice To See You!...I Just Commented On Your Wonderful Layout!...I Write Like This Everyday...Cool Challenge!...

MrsPeel and Sokee like this.
  5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

It's SO good to see you back, Barbara!! I LOVE your awesome inspiration picture and your inspiration page! I love ellipses - and use them quite a bit, (in writing) but have not used them on a page. This will be fun.

MrsPeel and Sokee like this.
  6. Sokee

It makes me so happy your glad I'm here again! I have fun putting my thinking cap on!

MrsPeel and Cherylndesigns like this.
  7. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Interesting and fun muse/challenge
    [​IMG]

ajm, MrsPeel, mcurtt and 1 other person like this.
  8. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Oooooo.....I love this challenge and the inspiration! And, I bet I can double up with LOD LBW! Polkadots...and...stripes...and Ellipsis...here I come!

Came back with my layout using Little Butterfly Wings

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    ajm, MrsPeel, RJMJ and 1 other person like this.
  9. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

ajm, MrsPeel and Sokee like this.
  10. caapmun

caapmun Well-Known Member

11. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you for this challenge!

[​IMG]

ajm, wvsandy and Sokee like this.
  12. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Thanks, Barbara, for hosting this month!!! I am excited to see what other inspiration street art will bring.

For week 1, dots and stripes:
    [​IMG]

ajm, wvsandy and Sokee like this.
  13. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I can't believe my luck with this, Barb!!!! If you look at the journaling in my pages, you will see my "abuse" of ellipsis LOL I had no idea that was the name for it!!! The polka dots & stripes will be a real challenge for me, I don't think I am great at patterns combination but that is the beauty of challenges, right? I ll come back with a page soon!!!!!!

Nemla likes this.
  14. Sokee

Too Funny! Can't go wrong with polka dots & stripes they will match no matter what! Think color combinations maybe?

MrsPeel likes this.
  15. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I forgot to add the journaling... I'll be back!
    [​IMG]

ajm and MrsPeel like this.
  16. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

hey hey, I made it!!!!!!!!! am in LOVE with Paula's BYOC, now, there is a lot more stripes than polka dots, but I think it qualifies, right? I can modify if needed!!!! loved making this Barb, thanks for hosting!!!!!
    [​IMG]

ajm and Sokee like this.
  17. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

So Much Fun! Once Again To Be Here For The Monthly Muse!...My Fav Challenges Every Month!!!...It Is Funny But I Didn't Know What Those Three Dots Were Called...Seems Crazy!...Considering That I Have Been Writing This Way For Years Now!...YEARS!!!!!!!!!...Silly Me!...And I Have To Say That I Don't Think I Have Ever Created A Layout With Both Stripes & Dots In It...It's Usually One Or The Other...In Fact I Don't Really Use Striped Paper A Whole Lot Either...But I Do Love Dots!!!...

For This Layout...I'm Totally Switching Gears!...Story-Wise...Since Today Is International Women's Day!...& I'm Totally Feeling All The LOVE!...I Wanted To Scrap A Layout About Just That!...LOVE!...But Couple Love!...It Is A Wonderful Thing To Have A Special Significant Other Who You Can Lean On & Have Someone To Laugh With! & Sometimes Be Foolish & Goofy With Too!...Someone Who Is Always There In The Good Times & Bad Times Too!...I For One Feel Blessed To Have My Man In My Life...For 25 Years Now!...He Puts Up With All My Ups & Downs!...Sometimes I Think He's A Saint!...I Tell Him I Don't Think Anyone Else Would Put Up With Me & All My Health Issues & All My "Drama Queen" Drama!....But He Laughs! & Says...Of Course I Will...I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...:heartslub...Health Issues,Drama & All!!!!!!!!!!!...

*An Extra Little Note:The Striped Paper Is Tucked In Behind My Rather Large Tree...It Is Grey With White Stripes...Hopefully You Can See It Just Fine...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    ajm likes this.
  18. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

19. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you for the fun muse. I used it with one of Joy's latest quoteable gems.
    [​IMG]
    TJ just agreed with me that this really sums up her little sister's personality.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    ajm likes this.
  20. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

[​IMG]

AJK and ajm like this.