Monthly Muse Challenge- April WEEK 3

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by MrsPeel, Apr 28, 2020.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Hello hello !!!!!!
    First of all, thank YOU so so very much @Dalis for offering to step in for me (last week was a very weird one!!!) the prompt is awesome, so much I will try make a page for sure!!!
    Also thank you all, for your amazing pages, for the care and love and support you show, publicly or privately, thank YOU!!!
    Now lets go into this week's Muse.

With all these crazy thing happening all over the world, the fact that this thing gave me concrete proof that the unconscious collective is a very real thing (how else would you explain the world running out of toilette paper before any other household thing? :giggle ) plus the thing that defines my life keeps happening... every cloud has a silver lining.
    In a way it is a bit ironic as I was moaning last week in the journaling of one of my pages about these quotes, common phrases that make beautiful word art but I am doubting so so much (nothing to do with virus, just something in my head for a while) anyway, lets not let my mind wonder out of subject and back to the Muse.... the base of this past 40 days is to me, and I think for many of you too, looking at the good things that come out of this viral thing...
    ... and looking back and looking in (as inside my mind, soul, heart, being) I see how, even if not properly defined, DUALITY is part of my whole life.
    The first thing that comes to my mind every time I think on this kind of thing is a page @paula kesselring made
    [​IMG]

So, this is what we will go for, DUALITY.
    You can go as simple or as complex as you wish, if you want to go for a look inside yourself and scrap your own duality, or you can go simple, like night and day, back & white, red & black, good & bad, beautiful & not so beautiful.... and I could go on and on.
    Here are some ideas for inspiration, I can't give you much info because both google search and Pinterest many times fail to take us to the place where I could find the credits, but here we go.
    This one was tagged Institute of Neurology and Myers-Briggs
    Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 04.22.07.png

Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 04.30.10.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 04.39.12.png

I wasn't well enough to make a page, will make it later, but I went back in time to find some pages that, even though are not exactly aiming to duality, can be a bit of an inspiration.
    This one is a page by Christa which, even if not exactly fitting the promot, there are defined difference, like the black & white vs color, also, you do not need to break the page in two parts of the same size.... if you go for your own duality, I am sure none of us is half and half of anything LOL, anyway, love this page by Christa @cfile
    [​IMG]

one from @Dalis quiet fitting for the subject
    [​IMG]

this one from Diane @dvhoward
    [​IMG]

one from Olga, @zinzilah also quiet fitting!
    [​IMG]

one from Sharon @sbpoet
    [​IMG]

on a more recent time, this page from @wvsandy that fits visually, as in dark and light.... it doesn't necessarily need to be about you or the world, you can just choose to show a duality in anything....
    [​IMG]

and, of course, couldn't NOt show you a page from @AnneofAlamo !!!
    [​IMG]

Just in case: your page does not need to be divided in the middle, you can, but is your choice.
    You can go as serious and soul searching Art Journal page in which you represent your own different sides
    OR
    you can go very light and simple choosing to show a duality, ANY duality you choose!
    OK, I hope I worded this well, I haven't been well and my brain just keeps tricking me !!!
    :imok :giggle

I will try be around as much as possible in case you have questions!!!

AJK, wvsandy, BevG and 3 others like this.
  2. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

3. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

Wow. I do not remember that page at all!

MrsPeel likes this.
  4. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

I was loathe to post another layout related to You Know What, but yesterday I noticed the increase in traffic on the freeway, and was of two minds...loved when we had the road to ourselves, but glad to see some normalcy returning. Different story at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. It is a ghost town, and the Arrival/Departure areas, which are embarrassingly* crowded and disorganized ANY NORMAL DAY OR NIGHT, were deserted...we pulled right up to the curb to drop our friend off.
    *Utter chaos...worst traffic "control" of any airport I've been in (& I've been in a LOT of airports in America). One of the shameful things about Seattle, I'm sad to say.
    [​IMG]
    Credits: https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/monthlymuse_04_wk-3_duality_traffic.432017/

wvsandy likes this.
  5. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

So many ways this could go but I chose the one we all engage in -- the battle of the mind.
    [​IMG]

BevG likes this.
  6. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

7. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Great challenge, Cynthia! Today was a rough day, so I wasn't able to rouse up the muse. But tomorrow... :whistle

8. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

It's on my mind so I had to show how the world appears to me before covid 19 and now (colorful and full of joy to grey and lonely). We just found out that shelter in place order will be extended to end of May.
    [​IMG]

9. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you for this MUSE Cynthia. The timing was perfect. I've just had a few incredibly stressful days and doing this really helped reset my equilibrium.

[​IMG]

AJK likes this.
  10. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

11. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

I went a bit "deep". I'm not interested in sparking anything. :nope:beatJust some of my thoughts, observances and concerns over current events. :think Thanks for the challenge!

[​IMG]

12. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank Cynthia for this challenge

[​IMG]

flowersgal and wvsandy like this.
  13. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Here is mine. On the left side of the page, Mother Nature is flourishing and the poem reflects that. Our art doll, however is in black & white, clearly suffering. On the right side of the page, the art doll is flourishing and in full color, Mother Nature is in black & white. Both poems were written by Donna Ashworth, found on the internet.

[​IMG]

Nemla and RJMJ like this.
  14. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

15. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks for another wonderful muse, My Sister. I hope you're feeling better. Sending lots and lots of hugs and love.

[​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  16. MrsPeel

ohhh WoW to your pages, ladies!!!!!

I will get to you in the weekend one by one... my daughter was very unwell and we couldn't get her the CT scan she needed as all "non urgent" procedures are stopped, but finally (after a recurrent bleeding episode, one of the doctors at our GP got her a private clinic to go, yesterday, it seems like is nothing to worry about (well, you know what I mean) so now I am a LOT calmer and happier and social!!!! so will visit your galleries soon!!!!

meanwhile, anyone care to love Bart?
    [​IMG]

17. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

I Know I'm A Bit Late Here To Post For Week#3...But I Too Have Been Sooo...Busy...I Didn't Even Get Week#1 Finished...But I Wanted To Complete This Challenge Either Way...I Often Create Layouts About Duality...Happy Vs Sad...Good Days Vs Bad Days...Positive Vs Negative...Sunny Vs Rainy...Pain Vs No Pain...Anxiety Day Vs No Anxiety Day...Anyway You Get The Picture...But For This Challenge...I Wanted To Positive To Outweigh The Negative...So I Put The Positive Pic Front & Center...With My Positive Message Directly Beneath...Sprawling Down In A Vertical Flow...But All Around Her Are The Storms Of Life [As I Call Them]...Deep/Dark/Rich/More Foreboding Colors...Large Eyes...Filled With Sadness/Fear/Anger...They Are All Around Her Swirling Like A Pack Of Wolves At Her Door...But She Is Not Amused Or Fazed By These Negative Feelings Or Distractions...She Is Of The Belief That Positivity Is The Only Way To Go!...So Good-Bye All You Negative Emotions!...Good-Bye To All That Negativity!...She Is Smiling & Having A Great Day!...Because No Matter What Life Throws At Her!...She Will Persevere & Come Out On Top In The End...With Her Positive Beliefs In Hope/Faith/Love!!!...She Says Goodbye To All The Bad Demons In Her Head!...Goodbye To All Those Negative Thoughts!...I'm Gonna Laugh In Your Face!...I Am Strong!...I Am Fierce!...I Am Ready To Be Positive! & Persevere!...Letting Go Of All The Negative Mojo!...& Trying To See The Positive From Each & Every Bad/Negative Moment!...That's It!...I've Had Enough!...Negative Be Gone!...I'm Ready For The Fun!...I'm Ready For The Sunshine!...I'm Ready For A Brighter Future!...Perhaps This Could Be My/Our "NEW NORMAL"...

*For My Taking The Good With The Bad In Stride Layout-I Used:

*Art & Nature-Template-Extra #1-NBK Design
    *Art & Nature-Styles-Watercolor-1-NBK Design[This Is How I Recolored All The White Frames To Match]
    *Hope Shines Bright-2/Fear Not-Bundle/Let It Go-Bundle-Rachel Jefferies

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  18. ysbgo

ysbgo Active Member

19. MrsPeel

Sharon... I did, so much that I went back in time to find it for this challenge. I remember because it was an MOC Challenge I hosted, in 2017.....I'm not surprised you don't remember, I don't remember pages I made last week LOL but it made an impression on me and visually it fitted this perfectly!!!!

I'm talying to be able to get the winner for April, apologies, I ll explain when I make a fresh post to announce winner :)

sbpoet likes this.